InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Apr 9, 2011 at 8:57 PM Post #572 of 3,191
one thing i'm noticing about these is that i am pretty certain that i have better isolation using my westone 1's with comply tips. aren't customs molds supposed to offer superior isolation? or is this normal? the molds are definmitely very comfortable but the isolation is definitely lacking a bit. 

Apr 18, 2011 at 3:09 PM Post #573 of 3,191
Hey guys I got my UETF10 remolded a little for almost 1 year, I can remember exactly when I got them remolded. But just today out of the blue the right side stopped working. First thing I did was check the cable and to make sure everything was not loose or anything. Then I tried it on other devices.

What should I do now? I'm not sure if i should send them back to get them repaired or if they can even do it. Also im not sure what their policy is about repairs or what not. Im really upset and I have nothing over here in england at medical school with nothing to listen to :frowning2:

Apr 18, 2011 at 4:17 PM Post #574 of 3,191
When I first saw them I noticed on the right ear the bores were flat instead of circular which made them sound a little different. After listening to them for about 30 minutes the top of my right ear started hurting and I noticed that the right side was a little too big. The left side fits perfectly and is very comfortable.

Compared to my Klipsch S4i that I was listening to previously these sound amazing. I wish I didnt have to return them and wait another month for repairs but the right side is too uncomfortable for wearing long periods of time and something needs to be done about the flat bores.

Apr 20, 2011 at 9:38 AM Post #575 of 3,191
Folks, it's been 1 year and 3 months since I had my SE530's reshelled by the fine folks at Fisher... and I'm pleased to say that all is still well. The sound is still as amazing as it was after my refit (had to get the shells cut down a bit from Fisher) and they have held up well over time. These have become my go-to portable headphones and I have since recommended these to others (though not sure how many actually took the advice). Just thought I'd pop into the thread and give an update. Cheers all.

Apr 21, 2011 at 4:10 PM Post #576 of 3,191
I sent my TF10s out a month and a half or two ago...glad to hear the wait will be worth it!

Anyone running them with a ibasso T4 or ALO Rx? 

May 4, 2011 at 3:06 AM Post #578 of 3,191
Can somebody tell me what color these are when i order from InEarz?

are there extra costs for this color?

Quote:
Did my own impressions with materials ordered from Westone hearing on-line.
Shipped impressions and triple-fi10 to Fisher on Jan 24th.
Got the call they were completed and need to pay on Feb 16th.  Also was informed my first choice of black cable was out of stock but they had all the other choices, so I chose clear.
They nailed it I think on the first try; fit is comfortable.  I can turn my head all the way to both sides and open my mouth all the way and they don't move at all and the sound doesn't change.
The sound is great so far. (need to do more listening tonight), but all in all everything seems very even, nothing artificial or laking.  Will get to to do 2 shows with them this weekend and will post an update if anything changes.

May 22, 2011 at 10:59 AM Post #584 of 3,191
does anyone get clicking or other noise from the customs as you put them in your ear? I'm trying to determine if driver flex is a serious issue with BA's, or if the armatures just shrug it off.

May 25, 2011 at 11:45 AM Post #585 of 3,191
Just received my TF10 reshell from Fisher. I got translucent grey with colored tips. I had the use the original socket, since I have several after-market cables for the original socket. The workmanship is very good, just like the Custom 3 reshells they did for me earlier. They sound even better than the originals. If the TF10 is ever $99, I should pick up another pair for comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back