InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Jan 8, 2011 at 11:12 AM Post #527 of 3,191

Quote:
Triple Fi 10's.  Isn't this the owner's thread?

confused_face.gif
  Ooops, got cornfused at where I was, my bad. Really like your choice though. Very nice!

Jan 9, 2011 at 2:03 PM Post #530 of 3,191

Quote:
yea thanks im new to iem world. remolding means changing the shape of the shell is it? 

Quote:
Quote:
guys may i ask how much does it cost for remolding? 

Depends, the impressions are anywhere from $20-$100, then Fisher charges $90+, depending on what you want done to your remolds.

Yes, the internal mechanisms are put into a new shell.

Quote:

Quote:
Triple Fi 10's.  Isn't this the owner's thread?

Very nice remolds!! Love the smoke effect. How much did you pay for yours?

I've been meaning to get remolds on my TF10s for over a year... I never use them anymore because it fits so horribly in my ear...

About $110, not including my shipping to them and impressions.

Jan 12, 2011 at 12:21 PM Post #532 of 3,191
Here we go, just sent my impressions with JH16PRO and broken SE530 to be reshelled!
Hopefully everything works out well.
I'll post pix when I have them back, but will take a while as I'm in Europe...

Jan 12, 2011 at 7:43 PM Post #534 of 3,191
Nice pics love the black cable....they don't by any chance do dynamic drivers do they???

Jan 15, 2011 at 8:34 AM Post #536 of 3,191
I am considering reshelling my old SF5pros because i now have a new TF10. I don't wanna reshell the TF10s because I am quite concerned about the warranty being voided.

Can anyone tell me if reshelling the SF5pros will be worth the money? I wanna try a custom iem before I reshell my TF10 + add drivers.

Cheers.

Jan 23, 2011 at 7:40 PM Post #540 of 3,191

Quote:
I am considering reshelling my old SF5pros because i now have a new TF10. I don't wanna reshell the TF10s because I am quite concerned about the warranty being voided.

Can anyone tell me if reshelling the SF5pros will be worth the money? I wanna try a custom iem before I reshell my TF10 + add drivers.

Cheers.

I reshelled my SF5Pro for fun. It hurt to wear it before the reshelling. Now i can wear it and it wont hurt. Also, its cool having a custom haha.
In my opinion, it was not worth it. I realized how much i spent on them after i got them done >_>. Im a college student so every bit hurts A LOT. But if u have the money it would be worth it. 
And they tell you this too. Because every little bit of movement affects the shape of ur ears, you cant expect these to be perfect.
Mine are perfect for when im just sitting still listening to music. But I took these out to go running twice and both times it did not hold and seal and the bouncing from running created a lot of noise that I believe is bad for my ears. Walking is fine, though.
When you get ur mold tell them(Fisher) NOT to sand it down. Thats what i regret not doing. Because they had to sand it down, they do not know what the original impressions looked like. Its hard to build back up compared to sanding down the areas u need after you get them. I mean, because its a mold of ur ears it should be the right shape anyway. It may be a tight fit, but i wouldve loved that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back