InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Dec 18, 2010 at 2:18 AM Post #496 of 3,191
I sent in my monitors in twice for adjustments. They aren't perfect but are great! I can get a great seal by putting it in my ear and rock it back and then forth while its in there and create a kind of light suction effect. I would go back for another reshell. But with new impressions of course. Next time I would ask for no sanding it down. I like a tight fit and its in the shape of my ear anyway.
I wonder if they will make tips for monitors. I want custom tips for my Westone 3.

Dec 22, 2010 at 8:39 PM Post #500 of 3,191
11/29/2010
Shipped out my impressions along with my TF10s to Fisher vis USPS priority mail

12/14/2010
Got an email from Kaysen letting me know they were just about done with my remolds and clarifying my cable choice.

12/17/2010
Got a call from Fisher letting me know my remolds were ready to ship, and that all that was needed was payment.

12/21/2010
Received my remolds via UPS.

Initial impressions:

Comfort:  The feel and comfort over the universals is night and day, they fit flush in my ear and are pretty easy to get in and keep in place

Sound:  Soundstage is amazing, very similar to the universals nice highs, the mids seem improved, but the bass seems a bit tight and lacking punch.

Isolation:  this is one area of concern as I have not used customs before and I am not sure what to expect as far as isolation is concerned.  When I have them in with no music playing I can clearly hear people talking it is at a reduced DB level but not as isolated as the universals were with the comply tips.  Is this something that should be looked into? 

Overall Fisher Hearing has been great to work with and has exceeded my expectations in customer service and turn around time.

Should I have the isolation concern looked into or is what I am experiencing normal with customs?

What would those in the know recommend be done to improve the Bass response?

Pics to come later.

Dec 23, 2010 at 9:34 AM Post #502 of 3,191

Quote:
Hi Lil'Fish

Can you guys remould the Er4p? Will it badly affect the sound quality?
I contacted Um and got told that they can remould the er4p, but the sound quality will be poor.

If they are balanced armature drivers then we will be able to remold them no problem. If they are balanced I don't know why they would say that the sound quality would be poor... I'm not sure about that.

Dec 23, 2010 at 9:37 AM Post #503 of 3,191

Quote:
11/29/2010
Shipped out my impressions along with my TF10s to Fisher vis USPS priority mail

12/14/2010
Got an email from Kaysen letting me know they were just about done with my remolds and clarifying my cable choice.

12/17/2010
Got a call from Fisher letting me know my remolds were ready to ship, and that all that was needed was payment.

12/21/2010
Received my remolds via UPS.

Initial impressions:

Comfort:  The feel and comfort over the universals is night and day, they fit flush in my ear and are pretty easy to get in and keep in place

Sound:  Soundstage is amazing, very similar to the universals nice highs, the mids seem improved, but the bass seems a bit tight and lacking punch.

Isolation:  this is one area of concern as I have not used customs before and I am not sure what to expect as far as isolation is concerned.  When I have them in with no music playing I can clearly hear people talking it is at a reduced DB level but not as isolated as the universals were with the comply tips.  Is this something that should be looked into? 

Overall Fisher Hearing has been great to work with and has exceeded my expectations in customer service and turn around time.

Should I have the isolation concern looked into or is what I am experiencing normal with customs?

What would those in the know recommend be done to improve the Bass response?

Pics to come later.

I would wear them for at least a week or two to get a good feel for the customs.Especially if this is your first set. Your ears need to kind of get used to them... but if you start feeling pressure on certain areas or you feel movement in some areas just let me know and we will get them back for adjustment.

Dec 24, 2010 at 4:33 AM Post #504 of 3,191

Quote:
$60 for the pair and it is just the canal portion of the ear and we make those out of silicone.

Thats not bad! I think the Westone custom tips are 3x more expensive. I would definitely get it if i got free/cheap ear impressions and when I run out of foam tips. Haha.
The lady I went to quoted me $35 only because she thought I was getting one ear impression. So it would have been $70 for 2! not cheap! Luckily she was nice.
Is silicone completely solid? The Westone UM56 are available in transparent colors, too.

Dec 29, 2010 at 4:21 PM Post #506 of 3,191

Quote:
Quote:
$60 for the pair and it is just the canal portion of the ear and we make those out of silicone.

Thats not bad! I think the Westone custom tips are 3x more expensive. I would definitely get it if i got free/cheap ear impressions and when I run out of foam tips. Haha.
The lady I went to quoted me $35 only because she thought I was getting one ear impression. So it would have been $70 for 2! not cheap! Luckily she was nice.
Is silicone completely solid? The Westone UM56 are available in transparent colors, too.

Yes we have solid and some transparent colors I will have to ask to get what colors are transparent just e-mail me

Dec 30, 2010 at 3:11 AM Post #508 of 3,191
yes, i will in the future. I just got mine done by you guys. Service was great so I have no reason not to come back.
Dark Red + Darker red swirl (either trans/non-trans, not sure yet) available though?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back