InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Nov 28, 2010 at 10:02 AM Post #482 of 3,191
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/525245/fisher-audio-um3x-custom-re-mold-review

Just thought I share my thoughts of the final product. I am letting the cable burn in properly right now:

Nov 29, 2010 at 11:44 AM Post #484 of 3,191
I guess when they changed to some new cables they changed the price. If you want their old cables I have 2 pair that haven't been out of my desk drawer in a while.

Nov 30, 2010 at 8:36 PM Post #485 of 3,191
I am going to get custom molds for my UE10vi, is there another cord that people suggest?  Should I get my impression with the mouth open, since I will be talking and finally does anyone have a place to recommend in NY? Thanks

Nov 30, 2010 at 10:16 PM Post #486 of 3,191

Quote:
I am going to get custom molds for my UE10vi, is there another cord that people suggest?  Should I get my impression with the mouth open, since I will be talking and finally does anyone have a place to recommend in NY? Thanks

I dont know. Some peeps like open mouth, others like closed mouth, I took both of mine and didnt have a bite block, in fact I opened and closed my mouth the whole time and moved my jaw around. They came out just fine. This is the process my audioligist suggested and I was referred to them by Fisher. I think Fishers directions says use a bite block. Make sure to take the direction sheet Fisher provides to the audioligist.

EDIT: I would also reccomend reading the sheet off to the audioligist before you go to make sure they have the right kind of impression material and dams.

Dec 2, 2010 at 5:06 PM Post #488 of 3,191
I was wandreing about the cable too. I have TripleFi 10vi and would like to do a custom molds. I guess I would go with clear white or light smoke color (I saw some examples in this thread that I liked) but would would be the cable I should use and where can I get it?

Sorry I am a total newbie in this subject :)

Dec 2, 2010 at 6:52 PM Post #489 of 3,191

Quote:
I was wandreing about the cable too. I have TripleFi 10vi and would like to do a custom molds. I guess I would go with clear white or light smoke color (I saw some examples in this thread that I liked) but would would be the cable I should use and where can I get it?

Sorry I am a total newbie in this subject :)

Honestly, I'd just stick w/ Fisher's new cable they offer. It's a HUGE improvement over the old cable they had. I have a black one & it looks & feels very much like the cables offered by Westone. 

Dec 3, 2010 at 6:54 AM Post #490 of 3,191

Quote:
SF5EB remolds in clear

bfnqfn.jpg

a2b1pl.jpg

298izd.jpg

how does your 5 EB sound now? is it any improvement or sonic change? i appreciate if you would share it here. thx

Dec 6, 2010 at 3:58 PM Post #491 of 3,191
I was looking at the thread an I want to get my TF10 reshelled, Does Head-fi members get special pricing? also if I decide to change my cable to lets say Null cable, do I have to send them in at the same time I am sending my TF10's? thanks

Dec 6, 2010 at 4:12 PM Post #492 of 3,191

Quote:
I was looking at the thread an I want to get my TF10 reshelled, Does Head-fi members get special pricing? also if I decide to change my cable to lets say Null cable, do I have to send them in at the same time I am sending my TF10's? thanks

Send Kaysen a message and you have to order the Null audio cable and send them in with your iems if you want him to cable them for you. Special pricing? lol. It's only 90 dollars.

Dec 7, 2010 at 11:20 AM Post #494 of 3,191

Quote:
Quote:

Send Kaysen a message and you have to order the Null audio cable and send them in with your iems if you want him to cable them for you. Special pricing? lol. It's only 90 dollars.

If the enyo or lune series cables are supposed to be direct replacement for a stock(non re-shelled) UE TF10, wont it fit on a re-shelled  TF10?  I am trying to save time and money by using the stock wires  first and then replacing it with an enyo or lune series cable once the stock wires break.

Dec 7, 2010 at 3:48 PM Post #495 of 3,191

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If the enyo or lune series cables are supposed to be direct replacement for a stock(non re-shelled) UE TF10, wont it fit on a re-shelled  TF10?  I am trying to save time and money by using the stock wires  first and then replacing it with an enyo or lune series cable once the stock wires break.

eh the stock cable is dreadful though. especially if your going for a custom, don't bother with the stock and immediately switch it out with a westone cable that you can buy and they'll refit for you or a cable that you can just switch out just as the lune

Users who are viewing this thread

Back