InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Oct 24, 2010 at 9:38 PM Post #466 of 3,191
I mind end up doing the nail polish on my left side one of these days. The fit isn't bad it just becomes loose once in a while.

Preferably you would go to an audiologist that has been doing impressions for customs for a good amount of time so they wouldn't really need a sheet telling them stuff they already know.

Oct 24, 2010 at 10:48 PM Post #467 of 3,191

Quote:
You might find this helpful http://www.ultimateears.com/_ultimateears/support/fit-tool/main.html

I put some around where i believed to be the aperture from that tool. I put 2 layers on the canal and tip. 3 on the aperture and the seal has improved a lot. I can now turn my head! Though gravity still makes them move when i tilt my head. Also looking up makes me lose the seal, so that means no sleeping with them on. So when this goes in it should give them a good idea of what I need adjusted.
The lady that did mine has definitely done a lot of impressions for monitors.

EDIT: I don't know what the melting point of nail polish is but I dont suggest you do it for permanent reasons. I let it dry before inserting and i can see that it melted a little while in my ear.

Oct 27, 2010 at 9:21 AM Post #468 of 3,191
Call or email Kaysen, she will help you. Same thing happened to my left ear about 3 months ago (I think I posted about it in this or the other Fisher thread). Fisher repaired it and did not charge me (very nice of them), even shipped back to me for free (I'm three hours away in FL). I've sent them in again because my right ear stopped working - I think it's wax / sweat build-up in the bores. I'm a drummer and bassist so you can imagine how much grime gets in the sound bores.

Anyhow - just contact Fisher, they will help you.

Quote:
I got my triple fis remolded in january. up until the last week or so, they've worked great. Now one of the drivers in my right ear, goes in and our sporatically if i move my head. If i tap the earpiece if normally comes back. I think its the mid, thats going out. Whats my best solution for this problem? 

They work perfect around 99% of the time, however if i move my head or tap that earpiece it will go out every now and then. Its mostly just annoying, and makes me worry that i may lose that driver all together. 

Nov 3, 2010 at 12:59 AM Post #469 of 3,191
I sent my triple.fi 10's in for a remold on monday =)
Just curious, do your ear impressions need to be labeled left and right?  Mine weren't labeled but they should be able to figure out from the shape right?

Nov 4, 2010 at 6:42 AM Post #471 of 3,191

Quote:
I got my triple fis remolded in january. up until the last week or so, they've worked great. Now one of the drivers in my right ear, goes in and our sporatically if i move my head. If i tap the earpiece if normally comes back. I think its the mid, thats going out. Whats my best solution for this problem? 

They work perfect around 99% of the time, however if i move my head or tap that earpiece it will go out every now and then. Its mostly just annoying, and makes me worry that i may lose that driver all together. 

Quote:
Call or email Kaysen, she will help you. Same thing happened to my left ear about 3 months ago (I think I posted about it in this or the other Fisher thread). Fisher repaired it and did not charge me (very nice of them), even shipped back to me for free (I'm three hours away in FL). I've sent them in again because my right ear stopped working - I think it's wax / sweat build-up in the bores. I'm a drummer and bassist so you can imagine how much grime gets in the sound bores.

Anyhow - just contact Fisher, they will help you.

Yes, contact Kaysen if you are having issues with your IEM. My right monitor lost all sound around 2 weeks ago (got them done in July) and I wrote an email to Kaysen describing the problem and asking them if they can check them out for me. She responded the following day and told me to send them in and they will take a look at it. I shipped them out over the weekend and it arrived at Fisher on a Monday. On Thursday of the same week, I got a shipment notice.  Whether it was sending them in to check balance or for a refit, they have always replied my emails quickly. Needless to say, I think they have superb customer service.

I guess for those of you who are browsing this thread because you are thinking about remodling your universal IEMs, you can rest assure that Fisher Hearing will provide you with excellent customer service
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 5, 2010 at 3:07 PM Post #473 of 3,191
=P well, I was just paranoid, maybe some people have really weird ear shapes.
By the way, the order form on your website seems to have the old address because I just downloaded it last week and sent my stuff to the location on the form, but the tracking number says it's been forwarded.  USPS forwarding isn't the speediest thing ever, it usually takes them another 3 days or something to send it out again to the right place.
I sent to:

241 North Country Club Rd
Suite 1017
Lake Mary, FL 32746

Nov 10, 2010 at 6:18 PM Post #476 of 3,191
W00t! This afternoon, I got the word from one of Kaysen's minions that my TF10 remold is shipping out today. Took just under a month. I'll report back how it sounds, provided it's not so good that it melts my brains out.

Update: Sat, Nov 13:

They're fantastic. Perfect fit. Good sound. I didn't have the TF10s for long before I sent them in for remolding, so I can't comment on how the sound is different, if at all. But they sound very detailed. I'm hearing background voices and instruments in music that I never have before. Rock ON!

Nov 10, 2010 at 10:36 PM Post #477 of 3,191
I already posted over in the portable rig picture thread but this thread was always about the pics so I thought Id post up my new custom triple-fi from Fisher. Unfortunately I think these might go back for some adjustment but they sound great. C'mon everyone, lets keep posting up pics of our Fisher customs!

102_1625.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back