InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Oct 5, 2010 at 12:52 AM Post #436 of 3,191
I get my Triple.fi remolds tomorrow! Can't wait!! Kaysen has been extremely helpful and patient with me on the phone
smily_headphones1.gif
Will post pics soon!

Oct 5, 2010 at 1:06 AM Post #437 of 3,191
when do they call you? when its done? i cant wait until i get mine! remolding a superfi 5 pro may no have been the best investment but i did not want my westone 3s reshelled! It is my baby
smily_headphones1.gif

BTW, do u get a lot of isolation from custom IEM? Is it anywhere as close as when you get the goo in ur ear? I liked that.

Oct 5, 2010 at 1:32 AM Post #438 of 3,191
I did rush processing on mine. I believe Nikki from Fisher called me on Friday and confirmed shipment after getting my payment details. I'll let you know about the isolation as soon as I get mine
smily_headphones1.gif
(of course, if they fit right on the first try).

With my universal IEMs though (Super.fi 5s), I recently realized that you have to jam the comply foam pretty hard in your ear to get the full isolation. Once you get the proper isolation, you shouldn't be able to hear a person talk unless you are super close to them. Also, I put my Comply's in backwards - the normal way causes high frequency attenuation because of the exposed foam at the tips (the core goes all the way to the end if put in backwards).

Oct 5, 2010 at 8:47 AM Post #439 of 3,191

Quote:
when do they call you? when its done? i cant wait until i get mine! remolding a superfi 5 pro may no have been the best investment but i did not want my westone 3s reshelled! It is my baby
smily_headphones1.gif

BTW, do u get a lot of isolation from custom IEM? Is it anywhere as close as when you get the goo in ur ear? I liked that.

Its pretty close the customs just won't go as deep in your ear as when you got your impressions made.  The isolation should be much better I use them just like earplugs sometimes when in a noisy environment.

Oct 8, 2010 at 6:23 PM Post #441 of 3,191
Usually they send you a email with UPS tracking when it is ready to be shipped, at least that was my experience when they sent mine out the first time and the remold.

Oct 11, 2010 at 10:33 PM Post #444 of 3,191
I got my UE 5 Pro customs about 8 month ago. I have been using them with COWON D2 which sounds amazing. Anyway, there's something I'd like to share with everybody who is considering using InEarz service. 

I ordered InEarz cable along with my remolds because my original didn't function properly (It did work, but with varied success). After a month of listening I decided to compare original and InEarz cables and was very surprised when realized that UE cable is much better. IMO, the UE cable provides much more "AIR" and "Volume" in sound. So switched to UE cable despite the malfunction issue. IMO, the InEarz cable changes the sound signature appreciably, even though you may like it afterall
dt880smile.png

Nevertheless, last weekend I faced another problem. The sound signature of my earphones changed completely and no for the better. All the "Volume" is gone again and I can't think of any reason for that error. I don't have any alternative source of sound except for my crappy sounding laptop; therefore I can't really tell where lies the problem - DAP or the earphones themselves. Guys, has anybody experienced something like that? Any idea how to fix this issue? 

Thanks in advance)

Oct 12, 2010 at 8:30 AM Post #445 of 3,191
I would say contact Fisher let them know what the problem is and I am sure they will do all they can to help.  The Fisher cable on the other hand I have never hear I always buy the Westone ES cable which I think sounds better then the UE, and JH cables.  Fisher also has a different cable that they just started selling I believe is from a different manufacturer but I haven't heard that one either I know Kaysen posted a picture of it in one of the 2 Fisher threads.  Just my 2 cents.

Oct 12, 2010 at 1:33 PM Post #446 of 3,191
My UE11 refits just got here and I have to say they do isolate much better then before the refit.  Now I just have to be able to stop listening to the 10x3's long enough to use the UE11 for a while to make sure.  Thanks as always to Kaysen and the team.

Oct 12, 2010 at 4:53 PM Post #447 of 3,191
Well, Ive had my SE530's from Fisher for quite some time now and have loved them. The only problem was this annoying cable they provided for $20 when I got them. I thought the cable was quite frankly garbage, it was stiff and un-weilding not to mention the pins fell out of the first one and after the warranty expired the pins fell out of the replacement one. What I ended up doing was just modifying the cable from my TF-10 for use on my customs. That didnt go all that well in that I would get cut outs on the right side.

So the other day I saw Kaysen post that they got new cables in stock. So what do I do, I go get my wallet, pull out my credit card and call her up. I tell her about seeing her post and how my old cable died just out of warranty and that I was ready to try out the new one just based on the great experience Ive had with them in the past. Low and behold she tells me she is sending one out to me free of charge. It arrived today and I have to tell you this is a million times improvement. Im not sure what camera she took the pic of the one she posted with but it is much nicer looking in person. It is very flexible which was my main gripe with the original one and has a nice angle plug similar to the one on the Triple Fi's. Its a Y cable which is my preference and Im a big fan of memory wire but thought it was a little long on the original. This one still has memory wire but it is a bit shorter. The cable is the perfect length for me and I am the happiest camper in the world right now. Kudos to Kaysen and the team at Fisher, they have always treated me right.

Oct 21, 2010 at 5:17 AM Post #448 of 3,191
Has anybody from Germany ever had their IEMs remolded by Fisher Audio?

I'm contemplating buying used FA-remolded TF10s, which would obviously have to be re-fitted to my ears. Do they have a German/European representative? Could I just have my ear impressions taken from any Hörgeräteakustiker in Germany and send them to Fisher Audio together with the IEMs? How much does a remold of a remold cost anyway?
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 21, 2010 at 11:20 AM Post #449 of 3,191

Quote:
Has anybody from Germany ever had their IEMs remolded by Fisher Audio?

I'm contemplating buying used FA-remolded TF10s, which would obviously have to be re-fitted to my ears. Do they have a German/European representative? Could I just have my ear impressions taken from any Hörgeräteakustiker in Germany and send them to Fisher Audio together with the IEMs? How much does a remold of a remold cost anyway?
smily_headphones1.gif

Send a mail to kaysen@fisherhearing.com 
Kaysen will respond promptly, with a mail and 4 PDF file with price list, color chart, order form and instruction for the audiologist. Cost of remolding and cable is around 120 dollars plus returning shipping cost of 65 dollars. Add of course the shipping cost to send in Florida impressions and the headphone.
I'm going to remold my Se530 and these are costs he wrote to me. Lukily, my audiologist will take for free impressions: so at least I will save a little more money.
Regards.

Oct 21, 2010 at 6:17 PM Post #450 of 3,191
I got my IEMs back today! They look very nice! Much better than what I expected. The only issue I have with them is my red monitor's pins are sticking out and also I lose the seal when I look up, left, or right. I'm new to customs so I'm not sure if it is supposed to be like that. I got dark red and dark blue originally but emailed Kaysen about wanting dark trans black and colored face plates but i guess she forgot but thats okay. So my only big issue is losing the seal when i look up, left, and right. Fixable?
In addition, The isolation isn't as much as I thought. It is not even as much as Comply tips! Should it be just as isolating as comply, or am I expecting too much?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back