http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/i...ml#post6573751

These:
2010-03-01%2020.10.51.jpg

Turned into these:
2010-04-20%2010.43.50.jpg

Apr 20, 2010 at 9:30 PM Post #215 of 3,191
My story behind the above remolds:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/i...ml#post6573751

To quickly answer the sound sig change. I haven't been able to listen to the q-jays for about 2 months, so I can't be exactly sure, but my brief observations have been as follows:

Seems like the bass might have been reduced (q-jays aren't bassy to begin with, though)
Treble might have been increased, they sound brighter than what I have been used to (been using crappy philips and jvc marshmallows in their absence)

Overall, though, the sound quality is still good, and I am definitely happy with them (without doing an a/b test against them in their original state).

Apr 21, 2010 at 12:58 AM Post #216 of 3,191
Hmm, looks like head-fi flags my posts for having links to other threads on head-fi, so annoying to wait for a moderator to approve..

Anyway, quick answer: the sound quality appears about the same, but I haven't been able to listen to the q-jays in over two months. In the time that I have been without them, I've been listening to crappy jvc marshmallows and philips $10 things; my perspective may be skewed.

Apr 21, 2010 at 6:04 AM Post #219 of 3,191
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
bleh, I really dont know what to do in this case. On one hand, I'm almost not using the customs at all due to the very unsatisfying sound but I dont want to sell it and waste the $150 (~100 for remold + 50 for impressions).

oh well, I guess it'll be an expensive lesson

Maybe you can ask them to remold it again? it might bring back the original sound or maybe closer to it.

Apr 29, 2010 at 12:56 PM Post #224 of 3,191
img0516w.jpg
img0494c.jpg

Got mine back earlier in the week. Long story short - turned out that they had received it ages ago but simply forgot to email me about it. Tried not to nag so only ended up finding out the week before it was completely finished and ready to be shipped.

Right earpiece is slightly foggier than the left, and there are a few tiny bubbles and blemishes inside the shells. Overall I have to say they did a very nice job and more or less matched my expectations.
Seal and fit are perfect, except the left ear piece becomes slightly uncomfortable after 1+ hour of usage and crackles a bit when smiling or yawning but does not break the seal. Definitely not bad enough to warrant a refit.

As far as I can tell the sound signature has remained the same as the original TF10. At the very least I am still able to use the same EQ on my S9 as I did before the reshell. The bass hasn't become muddy/overwhelming nor have I come across any sibilance. Funnily enough the biggest difference is actually from the new UE cord - first time that I've experienced an IEM without microphonics
biggrin.gif

Apr 29, 2010 at 6:03 PM Post #225 of 3,191
I am researching to get custom casing for my TF10 that I got a few months ago on that incredible deal.

It seems that the overall reaction from the people that got it done from Fischer is a mixed bag of skittles, with most people having "fair" to "satisfactory" results. Are there any other reputable companies here in the US that does custom casings that would be worth looking into? What is the UM company that I see some people mentioning?

I'm sorry if this question has been asked a million times (and I'm sure it has), but I just spent about an hour researching and couldn't come up with recent information. I would be willing to spend up to $200 if I knew I would be getting a quality fit while maintaining the incredible sound of the TF10s, which Fischer seems to have had some problem with in the past.

Thanks in advance for any help and direction.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back