InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Feb 14, 2010 at 5:53 AM Post #106 of 3,191
yes, details please on the cable
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 14, 2010 at 10:01 PM Post #108 of 3,191
Quote:

Originally Posted by pyp007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got it. Thanks.

Here is mine. I received them yesterday. Finish and fit/seal are good. No significant sound change as far as I can tell. Will report back after evaluation for a few days. This is my first custom IEM and my ears are still getting used to them.

The imprint on your says that they were made on the 10th--when did they receive your TF10s? I'm wondering because I'm interested in the turnaround time--They received mine the 1st, and I heard people who received theirs on the 12th/13th, so I'm expecting mine real soon...

Also,
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alc Jr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yum, those look grapefruit colored!

...you might want to get your monitor calibrated--I don't see much pink at all (except for the last picture).

Oh, and here's to a first post (been trolling for a long time now, and it took me three days to realize that my activation e-mail had went into spam...)

Feb 14, 2010 at 10:19 PM Post #109 of 3,191
Quote:

Got it. Thanks.

Here is mine. I received them yesterday. Finish and fit/seal are good. No significant sound change as far as I can tell. Will report back after evaluation for a few days. This is my first custom IEM and my ears are still getting used to them.

Very nice looking. Is that the Westone ES cable?

Feb 14, 2010 at 10:34 PM Post #110 of 3,191
Quote:

Originally Posted by Breex243 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The imprint on your says that they were made on the 10th--when did they receive your TF10s? I'm wondering because I'm interested in the turnaround time--They received mine the 1st, and I heard people who received theirs on the 12th/13th, so I'm expecting mine real soon...

Fisher received them on Feb. 1. I was quoted for ETA of Feb. 19, but I receive them one week earlier than the quoted date (O/N shipping, of course).

Feb 15, 2010 at 4:07 AM Post #112 of 3,191
Quote:

Fisher received them on Feb. 1. I was quoted for ETA of Feb. 19, but I receive them one week earlier than the quoted date (O/N shipping, of course).

Nice. Here's to hoping that they'll ship mine out tomorrow. I had a big circle around Thursday as my expected date of arrival (2-day), so maybe I'll luck out and get a day early.

Feb 15, 2010 at 4:45 AM Post #113 of 3,191
Quote:

Originally Posted by Breex243 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice. Here's to hoping that they'll ship mine out tomorrow. I had a big circle around Thursday as my expected date of arrival (2-day), so maybe I'll luck out and get a day early.

Fisher will call you before they sent your IEMs out. They need your payment information (credit card) and shipping method.

Feb 15, 2010 at 6:19 AM Post #115 of 3,191
i like the feel of these customs so much better than any other in ear headphones i've ever used. ear tips have always worked good for a couple hours but comfort was an issue after that. with the customs seal, the bass is way better/fuller and i can wear these as long as i want. the longest so far is about 5 hours while working outside in hawaiian temps. the noise isolation is great, the only thing from outside that i could hear so far was a rotary hammer tearing up a tile floor. people try to talk to me and i haven't been able to hear them at all. these are my first set of customs and fh did a great job! definitely the best way to go for me.

Feb 15, 2010 at 2:23 PM Post #116 of 3,191
Update on my TF10 remold. I sold them. Long story, but my initial molds were cast from a pair of old custom sleeves (scanned by Fisher) and I just never could get the best sound/seal from them (had to push them in a little and then they sounded their best, so I think the sound tubes were too short). That was on me, and Kaysen generously offered to replace them gratis if I got new impressions. In the interim, I bought a pair of AT CK10s for $199, and they sounded so much better than the Trips to me (stock or remolded) I decided to cut my losses, so I put the custom TF10s up for sale.

Someday, I might consider reshelling the CK10s, but I would worry that it might change their amazing sound sig (for me at least) too drastically. If I come into some cash, maybe I could get a second pair and have Kaysen and the Fisher folks reshell them (with new impressions, of course). But for now, the CK10s are too good to let go or mess with. Funny, after all that effort, now I have no TF10s nor customs, and still happy.

Feb 16, 2010 at 6:11 AM Post #117 of 3,191
Quite an endorsement... for CK10s
very_evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Update on my TF10 remold. I sold them. Long story, but my initial molds were cast from a pair of old custom sleeves (scanned by Fisher) and I just never could get the best sound/seal from them (had to push them in a little and then they sounded their best, so I think the sound tubes were too short). That was on me, and Kaysen generously offered to replace them gratis if I got new impressions. In the interim, I bought a pair of AT CK10s for $199, and they sounded so much better than the Trips to me (stock or remolded) I decided to cut my losses, so I put the custom TF10s up for sale.

Someday, I might consider reshelling the CK10s, but I would worry that it might change their amazing sound sig (for me at least) too drastically. If I come into some cash, maybe I could get a second pair and have Kaysen and the Fisher folks reshell them (with new impressions, of course). But for now, the CK10s are too good to let go or mess with. Funny, after all that effort, now I have no TF10s nor customs, and still happy.

Feb 16, 2010 at 10:05 AM Post #118 of 3,191
It's always good to find a good resting spot on the inevitable upgrade path. Hope the CK10's are a longterm keeper for you. I'll be interested in your opinions if you ever get them molded.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Feb 16, 2010 at 1:10 PM Post #119 of 3,191
Doubt I will, cause they are comfy and sound excellent. Someone pointed out that remolding a BA might alter the sound. I didn't mind taking the risk with the TF10s, since they were relatively inexpensive via Amazon. In the end, if the fit had been better, I might have kept the TF10s too, but I didn't feel like spending more on impressions to get customs I just might not use. I didn't feel the remold changed the TF10 sound much, but the CK10s sounded so much better to me, I decided to cut my losses and recoup the money I spent on the remold (at least some of it).

But if I do remold a pair of CK10s, I will certainly post on it.

Feb 17, 2010 at 5:40 PM Post #120 of 3,191
Hi,

now i have the time to post a pic here. Enjoy...

MyAnts1.jpg

More will follow, maybe
wink.gif

AntsWood2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back