InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Feb 3, 2014 at 8:22 PM Post #2,551 of 3,191
Just sent in my impressions for a pair of IE-P450's today!  Looking forward to it, these will be my first set of CIEM's, to compliment my Shure SE846's which I am in love with.

Feb 4, 2014 at 10:57 AM Post #2,553 of 3,191

1. Lil' Fish: where do you stand on mmcx connectors against standard two pin construction? have Inearz ever consider to switch?

Honestly I haven't looked into switching. We have thousands of our standard cable on order currently so I cant cancel those p.o.s. But I would like to look into getting some of the connectors to keep here in stock so that we can offer it to you guys.

Feb 4, 2014 at 1:39 PM Post #2,554 of 3,191
Thanks for the update and I'm glad you are now able to enjoy your InEarZ/Phonak's. I was wondering what made the change, did you have them refit or did they just settle over time? What about the soundstage? At first the soundstage appeared to be a bit narrower and now they have a wider soundstage than the original IEM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ah_long /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sound wise, it still has that nice mid range the PFE offers with the grey filters. The soundstage seem to have gotten a bit narrower though.

Seal is great, fit and finish is awesome.

Quote:
  Here's an update

The irritation has subsided, I've been alternating these with my TF10x6 by UM.

I find that the highs are less fatigueing but it sounds more like the PFE that I use to have but with a wider sound stage and better isolation. I went back and forth with the filters and stuck with the Grey filters.

Feb 4, 2014 at 10:48 PM Post #2,555 of 3,191

I think it has to do with the Fit. I think the irritation had an effect on sonic perception. Just like how soundstage changes with different tips on an universal IEM.

I think my ears have settled and got used to customs now

Feb 9, 2014 at 5:15 AM Post #2,561 of 3,191
ahhh Shizzy, just picked up a pair of TF10's with a pin stuck in one of them.  If I can't find a way to get it out, reshells it is.  Now I just need to figure out what to go with this time.  I was thinking Gryffindor and Ravenclaw...but I dunno.  

Feb 9, 2014 at 5:48 AM Post #2,562 of 3,191
  ahhh Shizzy, just picked up a pair of TF10's with a pin stuck in one of them.  If I can't find a way to get it out, reshells it is.  Now I just need to figure out what to go with this time.  I was thinking Gryffindor and Ravenclaw...but I dunno.  

I have just the thing for you sir!

biggrin.gif
.....just kidding Mr. Teke, I saw a pic of your "OU customs" and I couldn't help myself 
smile.gif

Feb 9, 2014 at 5:52 AM Post #2,563 of 3,191
  I have just the thing for you sir!

biggrin.gif
.....just kidding Mr. Teke, I saw a pic of your "OU customs" and I couldn't help myself 
smile.gif

Blasphemy!!!!  lol.... it's okay.  I posted that pic to annoy a head-fier who's from Bama.  

Feb 9, 2014 at 8:20 PM Post #2,564 of 3,191
Looks like InEarZ offers the best bang-for-buck reshelling in the US. 
For those of you with reshelled JH13/JH16 freqphase, do they sound as good after reshelling (compared to reviews)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back