Indonesian portable DAP prototype discussion (split from Tera Player thread)
Jan 18, 2016 at 5:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 391

jambul

Member of the Trade: Teri Player
Hi Musicday,

This is the picture on hearing test

on the left is dap using dac chip es9023 asynch using 50mhz clock+ad8397 as internal amp and the left is the dev board using tda1387 and passive resistor and several dac chip module to be rolling..and there a semi final picture, it not final yet since the player will be engrave.

Please be patient for the dedicated thread since the tester for 10 dap on 1st batch will be final on next week. and we will find out how is the final result. (already revision from the lates I test and send an input to the builder)

you can see it really neat and simple, only arm m4 for the cpu using 1 clock to process the sample rate to 24bit - 192khz, the digital data decode and process using assembly language..
dac chip and internal as mention above.

only capable playing wav, builder say new FW can decode mp3 and flac but still need to wait.

Jan 18, 2016 at 6:00 PM Post #3 of 391
hi musicday,

its begin when our local audio community talk about the tera player in the forum and praise so much about sq. the builder which is new to the audio hobby asking about the tera and one or several of the member talking not in the a good way about how it would be difficult to create such of it. mostly on the chip arm program om assembly multibit dac chip etc.

The builder which is the software enginer and electronic antusiast being challenged and want to proved that you dont have to break your leg creating such kind of player.

eventhough using only data sheet from its part he build the dap. indeed the dev still need the refinement om the analog section after the hearing test, and the revision all ready take om placed at the final board which will be final next week.

since most of the tester like the sound of the player using es9023, builder give me an option to me to leave the dac section and analog section unfilled by part so o can customized to my own dac chip the multibit tda1387 and my own transistor buffer

Jan 18, 2016 at 10:55 PM Post #5 of 391
Hi musicday,

What kind of technical spec you want?
the battery is 1500mah lipo and can take average 5hours play using ad8397 as internal amp which can deliver 350ma out put current, the voltage out and impedance out will be calculalted after final board assembly. but the player have 0 dc offset.
since the player use the chip es9023 the 24 bit wont be downsample to 16, and still remain to played on 192khz using 8mhz clock for processing sample rate from 44 to 192 by coding on arm.
the player try to process the digital data to analog from sd card on a very efficient and effective way, through most short path.

the internal opamp can be rolled by other opamp. we have try several opamp such ad825 to etc

excuse me if im wrong, but its nothing to be hide, and not try to clone the tera as well since this dap are different on the digital data processing using the different way and clock to accomodate the data sampling process, its wysiwyg player..what you see is what you get nothing being cover to be hide.

I came from Indonesia, yes the 10 dap onf 1st batch would be ready next week. since we have open PO on our local howntown audio hobbiest

Mas, let us know your impression dan harga nya ya...trims

Jan 19, 2016 at 3:22 AM Post #6 of 391
Thanks for the above information, i will be interested myself to hear your player.
So in the final version WAV,FLAC,and MP3 decoding will be possible?
When ready tell me the output ohm impedance and then mW per channel.
Have you got photos of the final case assembly?

Jan 19, 2016 at 3:48 AM Post #7 of 391
Thank you musicday,

i will update the info. if i may ask you on what price range should this player to be?

om semuapunmau,

for the impresion of the dev board please refer to facebook group kerehore, the price still hasnt decide yet, due to final product not finalize yet. stay tune om

thanks

Jan 19, 2016 at 4:38 AM Post #8 of 391
jambul,

This is a very interesting development, especially for would-be Tera Player owners who can't afford the current cost, so do you have any pricing and availability info?

Quote:
hi musicday,

its begin when our local audio community talk about the tera player in the forum and praise so much about sq. the builder which is new to the audio hobby asking about the tera and one or several of the member talking not in the a good way about how it would be difficult to create such of it. mostly on the chip arm program om assembly multibit dac chip etc.

The builder which is the software enginer and electronic antusiast being challenged and want to proved that you dont have to break your leg creating such kind of player.

eventhough using only data sheet from its part he build the dap. indeed the dev still need the refinement om the analog section after the hearing test, and the revision all ready take om placed at the final board which will be final next week.

since most of the tester like the sound of the player using es9023, builder give me an option to me to leave the dac section and analog section unfilled by part so o can customized to my own dac chip the multibit tda1387 and my own transistor buffer

Jan 19, 2016 at 4:47 AM Post #9 of 391
Hi sonickarma,

Thank you for your suggestion, I consider to open new thread. but wait until the final produk done and all measurement ready. so I cant present all the info completely.

Sorry to bother this thread.

Regards,

Deni S

Jan 19, 2016 at 5:38 AM Post #10 of 391
Hello Deni S,
Until your player is finished and tested upon his release you can still write here and after create own thread. People would like to know about the functions such as :On/Off function, Pause.
How can you select a particular folder etc.
Feel free to PM to discuss.
Musicday

Jan 19, 2016 at 5:39 AM Post #11 of 391
Holy wack!!!

Ada DAP dari Indonesia? My wife is going to be so enlightened to know she is going to allow me to possibly spend more money into this hobby.

Impatient to read the official thread as a Tera user (bought in Indonesia).

Jan 19, 2016 at 9:40 PM Post #13 of 391
Hi musicday and currawong,

Thank you for the new thread.

at the beginning, as story mention above, the builder goal is to create what he challenged for, but to create one he need to create more than one so he can reduce cost and spread the cost to other who interest with the idea. so he decide to create 10 for the 1st batch. and we need to see the public response to continue further since there already development and r&d but to have  a mass product is out of our hand. So maybe in the future we can only prepare the player to only people who interest with minimum number. and we still can not decide on the price.

just for info, event though this player begin with the story related to tera player. the builder try to avoid the people think about this player is mimicing/clone ther tera. so for the final version he recode the digital data on cpu arm m4 using C language but still inline assembly , sice several driver still wrote in assembly to be functioning.

The final revision board will be coming on a few days, so we can catch the final version on late next week. Indeed there are revision on the dac chip es9023 environment and internal amp. our target is that will be rollable opamp space at the internal amp so you can customize the sound as you please.

the player will be have 5 button as picture above, at the lower case there is only micro sd and usb for charging, and at the top only 2 output for LO and HO and volume pot. the measurement related with a common audio product test will be info along with the final player.

I can not tell you the impression of the player since it not finalized yet for people abroad there will be 1 player can be send to be test. you can test what ever you want as long as you keep the player still in a good shape and unbroken. you can take measurement and post in this thread, so it can be our learning curve. I have received several PM questioning and asking for the DAP, please be patient.

for the multibit dac chip (tda1387) implementation, are not to be decide yet, since at the beginning people more to like the player using the sabre es9023, only me and builder and several friend like the sound of player with tda1387. and we still have to make sure that the player with tda1387 can be running perfectly on 192khz, until now we satisfied it running on 96khz sampling file

fyi this is the builder comunity work profile https://github.com/tjstyle

Thank you for your interest

Users who are viewing this thread

Back