Indexes don't refresh, some threads keep refreshing
Oct 21, 2014 at 4:48 PM Post #16 of 78
Forum is broken for me too. I'm constantly getting notifications from Beats thread even though I unsubscribed (and seen these new posts) from it. Also I don't see new threads/posts like forum has been frozen yesterday. Clearing cookies doesn't help with the issue.

Oct 21, 2014 at 9:34 PM Post #18 of 78
Deleted cookies, no improvement on Chrome. Internet Explorer works properly on indexes, but when I hit Quote or Reply, it takes me to the full page editor but the editing options above the text box doesn't load.

Unfortunately my laptop has errors on Firefox (FlashPlayer issues, pop-up blocker doesn't work on pop-ups but affects websites that open when left clicked, etc) so what I'm doing for now is opening the indexes on Explorer, then I cut and paste the URL of pages I'm replying to and open it on Chrome.

Just in case this helps, I had more than one cookie listing for head-fi for Chrome, and I deleted them all. The Intro forums index is still working well for me after that.

Oct 22, 2014 at 1:44 AM Post #19 of 78
Just in case this helps, I had more than one cookie listing for head-fi for Chrome, and I deleted them all. The Intro forums index is still working well for me after that.

I totally deleted all cookies in all listings; Facebook is slow as hell now, but Head-Fi still has errors when I open each section. Main index has no issues.

Oct 22, 2014 at 9:59 AM Post #20 of 78
I totally deleted all cookies in all listings; Facebook is slow as hell now, but Head-Fi still has errors when I open each section. Main index has no issues.

That's really weird since I have 64bit Windows, too. There's a decent change we ought to be able to figure out what the difference is.

So by section, do you mean sub fora? Gotta screenshot you can share of the error?

Oct 22, 2014 at 12:52 PM Post #22 of 78
That's really weird since I have 64bit Windows, too. There's a decent change we ought to be able to figure out what the difference is.

So by section, do you mean sub fora? Gotta screenshot you can share of the error?

It's working fine now - I was able to browse normally. The only thing I did between last session and now was that I accidentally shut down the laptop this afternoon (normally I always just put it on hibernate, but I held it the wrong way and squeezed the power button). Looks like it just needed a restart or something 
tongue_smile.gif

Oct 22, 2014 at 8:13 PM Post #23 of 78
I'm using Chrome Version 38.0.2125.104 m

The forums are working for me now on Chrome but my PM's are still playing up. For example, opening my PM's I see the new msg at the top of my PM list,  but when I open the msg and scroll down, it's not there, actually it seems to only pick up the last msg around the time this problem arose. If I delete my cookies it fixes it for a short while.

Any ideas?

Oct 28, 2014 at 4:32 PM Post #25 of 78
I am having the same issue as well on Win 7 64-bit with chrome. Issue cropped up a few days ago and a cookie scrub fixed it. Now a scrub isn't fixing it at all :frowning2:

Oct 28, 2014 at 10:07 PM Post #26 of 78
  This started happening to me as well this morning. (everything being mentioned above)

Windows 7 / Google Chrome.

Actually this just started happening to me today, win 7 64 Bit Chrome. Yesterday it worked fine. Today it refreshes for ever, in addition it puts a HUGE load on my Processor like 97% or so :/ 

Oct 29, 2014 at 5:18 AM Post #28 of 78
  Lol, appears to have fixed itself on my Win 7 64-bit PC all of a sudden? I wonder what happens to make this issue pop up?

Got this issue several days back. Apparently clearing the cache (not the cookies) on Chorme seems to have fixed the issue. I think Chrome is loading the cached pages instead of the new updates. Clearing the cahce is a bit of a temporary fix, as with my constant going through Head-Fi, teh cache on the site fills up every couple days, which causes the problem again. 

TL;DR, just clear your browser cache and this should fix the problem. Oh yeah, and clear cache from the beginning of time.

Oct 29, 2014 at 8:24 AM Post #29 of 78
  Got this issue several days back. Apparently clearing the cache (not the cookies) on Chorme seems to have fixed the issue. I think Chrome is loading the cached pages instead of the new updates. Clearing the cahce is a bit of a temporary fix, as with my constant going through Head-Fi, teh cache on the site fills up every couple days, which causes the problem again. 

TL;DR, just clear your browser cache and this should fix the problem. Oh yeah, and clear cache from the beginning of time.

That seems to have done the trick for me. Thanks!

Oct 30, 2014 at 5:14 PM Post #30 of 78
Started happening to me again. Seems like the forum developers could fix this by now. Must be affecting a lot of people who use Chrome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back