Increasing Budget to $150....
Apr 23, 2009 at 5:25 AM Post #31 of 40
These do look interesting I like all the stuff they come with and the cable looks like it will have more cable management options than the Turbines but in the end it really comes down to comfort and sound qulaity for me.

So having said that I did find this thread by several members interesting. This thread seems to would suggest they both have pros and cons about their bass, for me the faster better detailed Turbines would win over more bass. I also see these are extremely deep in ear IEM's as compared to the shallower Turbine, making me wonder about comfort (I know for me I would be unable to even they these in my canals due to their offset nature from my outer ear opening. My wife on the other hand would probably love these as her ear canal is pretty much completely lined up with her ear opening).

Having said all of this, since you can actually go hear these phones somewhere, I know I wouldn't pass up on that opportunity if I had it
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh and one other thing. These phones seem to require an external AMP to really shine according to alot of users so you might want take that in to consideration. But HEY! if you do want these in the end, don't forget I have a Fiio E5 you can pick up from me very cheap
wink.gif
. LOL

Apr 23, 2009 at 12:38 PM Post #33 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by volntitan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks Dream...I asked the amp question in the Atrios thread. Not nuts about having to carry an amp around when I am listening to my iphone.

Atrios don't need an amp but PFEs do.

Apr 23, 2009 at 1:42 PM Post #35 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by kobayashi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Atrios don't need an amp but PFEs do.

OK well that good to know, so many phones a person starts to get them confused LOL. Kobayashi do you have these phones? If so how deep do they really insert?

Apr 23, 2009 at 1:59 PM Post #37 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by dweaver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK well that good to know, so many phones a person starts to get them confused LOL. Kobayashi do you have these phones? If so how deep do they really insert?

How far they insert depends on the tips that you use.

Apr 23, 2009 at 3:07 PM Post #38 of 40
So according to some of the reviews of these phones they come with a 30 money back satisfaction guarantee, so it would appear you can't really go wrong trying these out. The only thing that might bite you depending on how your ears are formed are the length of the tips (I can only use shallow single flange ones myself). I will be really curious to hear how they sound when you get them and how well all the bits and pieces work with them as they really do come with alot of stuff. They sound like they will sound wonderfull.

Apr 23, 2009 at 4:41 PM Post #39 of 40
Got them this morning directly from Road Dog (actually it is a well respected pro audio company here in Nashville area called CTS Audio). Will let you know my uneducated thoughts!

Apr 23, 2009 at 4:50 PM Post #40 of 40
That sounds great, I hope they work well for you. I bought the Turbines as much because I could get them locally so I would have easier support as anything. Damn I wish there was some way to hear other phones like those, the curiosity just KILLS ME LOL. Maybe I won the lottery last night...
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back