Increasing Budget to $150....
Apr 23, 2009 at 2:30 AM Post #16 of 40
How about ADDIEMs? Light, small profile and driven by two balanced armatures that can match to some higher tier IEMs. The only downside to the ADDIEM is the microphonic cable (maybe there are ways to recable them).

Or if you don't mind tossing the isolation aside, the YUIN's PK1 are said to be very nice pair of earbuds. You'll need an amp though.

Apr 23, 2009 at 2:33 AM Post #17 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by volntitan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some others I have found....

Phonak
Ultimate Ears Super Fi (various versions)
Sleek Audio SA6
Shure SE210 or 310
Etymotic (various around the $150 range)
Sennheiser IE 6 (if can find cheap enough)
Monster Turbines

Of course some of these are out of my range, but searching, might be able to find them close enough.

Opinions?

i would consider cx6 as well as they might be similar piece and i would not consider se210 there.

Apr 23, 2009 at 3:04 AM Post #23 of 40
Heck, throw the Atrios in there also....

Ok now tell me what to buy!
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 23, 2009 at 3:07 AM Post #25 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by kobayashi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Atrios and Monster Beats are also in that price range.

Are the Beats any good? I know the big bro was decent....

Apr 23, 2009 at 3:51 AM Post #27 of 40
OK...maybe I need to go listen to the Atrios. Turns out Roaddogonline.com is just a couple of miles from my house. Someone got them for $140 and that is pretty good price, if they are good units.

Apr 23, 2009 at 3:58 AM Post #28 of 40
Quote:

OK...maybe I need to go listen to the Atrios. Turns out Roaddogonline.com is just a couple of miles from my house. Someone got them for $140 and that is pretty good price, if they are good units.

Bad luck since you'll get hit with sales tax. I really like the Atrios in that price range. They are much better than the PFEs if you're into a warmer sound with incredible bass extension.

I haven't owned the Beats, only the Turbines.

Apr 23, 2009 at 4:01 AM Post #29 of 40
Yeah....Sales tax will suck, unless I buy them from Amazon. That said, if I can get them for $140, even the almost 10% Sales Tax is worth it.

Since it sounds like you have them, how hard is it to get a fit and are they comfortable?

Apr 23, 2009 at 4:19 AM Post #30 of 40
Quote:

Yeah....Sales tax will suck, unless I buy them from Amazon. That said, if I can get them for $140, even the almost 10% Sales Tax is worth it.

Since it sounds like you have them, how hard is it to get a fit and are they comfortable?

They fit great for me. I used the same tips that I used with an old pair of ER6i's that I recently gave away. Like the IE8s and a few others, the Atrios can be worn up or down. Not a lot of IEMs can do that. Atrios also have probably the single best non-removeable cable of any IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back