Increase headphone's volume on a laptop?
Mar 14, 2013 at 9:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Howlgram

New Head-Fier
Hello, sometimes i feel like my headphones could just use more volume but my laptop wont really help.
Is there a way around this in which i could get my headphones to sound louder? of course, without harming them in any way or making the sound quality drop or anything like that.
I have the Denon AH-D2000.

Mar 14, 2013 at 9:58 PM Post #3 of 7
Something like a Fiio E17 would probably do just what you need.

Mar 14, 2013 at 10:03 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:
external amp

Definately an amp 
L3000.gif

Quote:
Something like a Fiio E17 would probably do just what you need.

When looking for an amp there are so many options though is the problem.  The Fiio is an excellent introductory amp, plus it also comes with a build a DAC.  Depending on how much you want to spend on an amp and/or DAC though there are many many many options our there.  Hope this helps a bit 
basshead.gif

Mar 14, 2013 at 10:11 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:
Hello, sometimes i feel like my headphones could just use more volume but my laptop wont really help.
Is there a way around this in which i could get my headphones to sound louder? of course, without harming them in any way or making the sound quality drop or anything like that.
I have the Denon AH-D2000.

Heya,

Time to give yourself a USB DAC/AMP unit.

Fiio E10 would be an inexpensive excellent start.

Very best,

Mar 14, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #6 of 7
Some music players will let you raise the volume higher, like VLC does, but it will come at the price of sound quality. Otherwise, an amp would be your best option. A good amp will also improve the sound quality at a given volume as well.

Sep 8, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #7 of 7
Hiya,

I realize this thread is a little old, but before you buy an amp, try this:
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/sound-is-not-enough-how-to-increase-volume-of-my-laptop/td-p/1708461

worked great on my laptop!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back