Incoming Astell & Kern New: A&futura and A&norma
May 10, 2018 at 12:35 AM Post #16 of 351
If it's such a great feature...why doesn't the flagship model and mid of the run model also have an oddly tilted 15 degree screen.

It's an odd design decision imo.

May 10, 2018 at 3:09 AM Post #17 of 351
mm...so this is the mid-range and low-end of the A&__ premium line of Astell DAPs. Interesting design choice for the A&Norma. lol! Tilted screen..........porque?

Answer: because we can!

May 10, 2018 at 3:45 AM Post #18 of 351
I quite like the A&norma design, it completely stands out of the crowd.. the naming is also very spot on: norma or "standard".

The tilted screen is IMHO actually quite ingenious (a bit outrageous also, but a bold move as always from Iriver)..
Try to hold your smartphone in front of you.
Do you se your wrist is slightly tilted to align the screen with your sight? (unless you have a tennis elbow :))
Well, with the A&norma the wrist will be straight while in your hand, and the screen aligned with your sight.

On the other hand on a table my OCD will just want to throw the A&norma on the floor and then I'll call it A&broken :)

May 10, 2018 at 3:51 AM Post #19 of 351
Is the SE100 one of the first DAPs to use the 9038 pro? Any other DAPs currently use that chip?

May 10, 2018 at 4:05 AM Post #21 of 351
Streaming ?

May 10, 2018 at 7:13 AM Post #24 of 351
I quite like the A&norma design, it completely stands out of the crowd.. the naming is also very spot on: norma or "standard".

The tilted screen is IMHO actually quite ingenious (a bit outrageous also, but a bold move as always from Iriver)..
Try to hold your smartphone in front of you.
Do you se your wrist is slightly tilted to align the screen with your sight? (unless you have a tennis elbow :))
Well, with the A&norma the wrist will be straight while in your hand, and the screen aligned with your sight.

On the other hand on a table my OCD will just want to throw the A&norma on the floor and then I'll call it A&broken :)

Unless you are left handed, then it's tilted the wrong direction. :scream:

May 10, 2018 at 7:29 AM Post #26 of 351
Unless you are left handed, then it's tilted the wrong direction. :scream:
Come on, everyone knows there are no left handed audiophiles..

Last edited:
May 10, 2018 at 7:31 AM Post #27 of 351
Interesting. At least the futura. Might have to see the price point, but this could be the big 2019 splurge for me. I like the ESS 9028 implementation on the DX200 and X7II, so I'm intrigued.

Also, am I the only one around here who thinks that the norma will eventually be called "Abby Norma"? And the design mistakenly attributed to a Dr. Stein?

Last edited:
May 10, 2018 at 8:51 AM Post #29 of 351
Interesting. At least the futura. Might have to see the price point, but this could be the big 2019 splurge for me. I like the ESS 9028 implementation on the DX200 and X7II, so I'm intrigued.

Also, am I the only one around here who thinks that the norma will wventually be called "Abby Norma"? And the design mistakenly attributed to a Dr. Stein?

Price is USD 1699

May 10, 2018 at 9:26 AM Post #30 of 351
Not seeing any mention of the storage capabilities of either player...I have an AK70mkII with a 400gb SD card in it and I’ve been really enjoying it, now if these new players had more on-board storage and/or dual SD slots...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back