Incase Sonic
Dec 30, 2012 at 9:52 PM Post #121 of 134
I already posted but sonics just don't sound that great. These days you can see the price dropping quickly to reflect their true sound quality. I don't know what everyone else has been hearing but these sound no where near the $150 msrp they're set at. They are SUPER comfy though, which is what I got them for. I haven't heard grados so I can't compare but don't expect a lot of quality. Screechy highs, okay bass, okay mids.

Jan 19, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #122 of 134
The sonics do sound great for their price point. I do have better sounding cans, in the same price range tho,... Still, the sq is pretty darn good for OTG purposes. Not reference quality by any means,...but quite enjoyable.

Now, my Nokia Lumia 920 works with the stock cable. The center click button works for FORWARD/REV. The volume control doesn't work tho,...and neither does the inline microphone for calls. Bummer!!!

Feb 4, 2013 at 2:47 AM Post #123 of 134
Quote:
Bought a pair of these but find that they do not work with my samsung galaxy or my iriver mp3 player - disappointing.  Why did they come with two identical (yet different coloured) cords?  Why not one regular headphone cable and the other a iphone one with the remote inbuilt?

One's a spare; you can also pick one to match your outfit this way.  :wink:  I suggest looking for a company making Android-compatible headsets, and buying their replacement cable - there's no universal standard amongst Android makers; some use Apple's pinout, some swap mic and one audio channel.  Failing that, there's the Makible project's adapters.

Quote:
The sonics do sound great for their price point. I do have better sounding cans, in the same price range tho,... Still, the sq is pretty darn good for OTG purposes. Not reference quality by any means,...but quite enjoyable.

Now, my Nokia Lumia 920 works with the stock cable. The center click button works for FORWARD/REV. The volume control doesn't work tho,...and neither does the inline microphone for calls. Bummer!!!

Same as above :)

Jul 12, 2013 at 4:25 PM Post #124 of 134
[size=10pt]Sorry to turn this thread into a zombie, but I wanted to add my $.02. I’ve had a pair of Sonics (Ash) for just under a year. I got them from thrilljockey.com when I ordered Matmos’ “Gazfield EP” deluxe set – LP, mp3, Sonic headphones and extra goodies for $90 (now $95 for the new 2-LP set). The whole thing was a collectable, so I did not mind the price. Of course, these are not the best headphones EVAR!!1! just as the Sansa Clip+ is not the best DAP EVAR!!1! but they are both tons of fun and, simply put, great for the money. I pair mine with a Digizoid ZO2 and they sound wonderful. At work, I can rock out with my… well, the HR department frowns upon such activity. This is where these are best suited for me; I can listen to them all day without discomfort or fatigue. Also, as it was mentioned earlier in this thread, they have a dual personality: they shine with well recorded music on WAV or FLAC but can also bring new life to crappy MP3s or CDs which are rendered unlistenable on my “reference” *cough* gear (the whole back catalog of Siouxsie and the Banshees is an excellent case in point). They also did benefit greatly from about 30 or so hours of break in to smooth out. That’s all; please carry on…[/size]

[size=10pt]PS - I noticed on the Incase website that they only have the Black (w/neon green) available (at the smashing price of $59.95!) but Amazon still has other colors anywhere from $79 to the ridiculous asking price of $150. If they are truly going away, I may have to order a pair (or two) before the upcoming ZA…[/size]

Aug 27, 2013 at 10:08 AM Post #126 of 134
Quote:
Just get them from incase webshop, http://goincase.com/shop/headphones#sonic they cost 59,95 now

Quote:

[size=10pt]PS - I noticed on the Incase website that they only have the Black (w/neon green) available (at the smashing price of $59.95!) but Amazon still has other colors anywhere from $79 to the ridiculous asking price of $150. If they are truly going away, I may have to order a pair (or two) before the upcoming ZA…[/size]

Great minds think alike! 
beerchug.gif

Sep 26, 2013 at 9:26 PM Post #127 of 134
Good/Great sounding headphone for the price.  They sound great out of my FiiO E7.  I'm getting a new amp this weekend and can't wait to try them out.  I think these are a perfect pair as a throw around pair.  They seem really durable.  The only thing that I'm not crazy about is the way the cord comes out of the headphone.  I look like I'm wearing Mickey Mouse ears, but I don't care anymore as I'm getting older.  If you can get these for $75, I'd buy them in a heartbeat.  Plus, having the Apple controls are nice too.

KB

Nov 14, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #128 of 134
I bought a pair for $30 from their store. Use this coupon:

https://www.livingsocial.com/sponsors/offers/102-incase/?ref=XUA0000COMJ000000000000ENUS0000000000000021052012&utm_source=cj&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_campaign=4485850

Incase have them at $60, this brings them to $30 with free shipping.

Nov 14, 2013 at 11:30 PM Post #129 of 134
Wow, that's an amazing deal. I've had mine for sale for a while because they don't have the crispness and detail I get from other headphones I own, but the sound is good and the comfort is outstanding. I wouldn't pay $100, but $30?? Terrific headphones for that price.

Nov 18, 2013 at 11:35 AM Post #130 of 134
  I bought a pair for $30 from their store. Use this coupon:

https://www.livingsocial.com/sponsors/offers/102-incase/?ref=XUA0000COMJ000000000000ENUS0000000000000021052012&utm_source=cj&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_campaign=4485850

Incase have them at $60, this brings them to $30 with free shipping.

Alas, it seems they have taken down any headphones from their site - unless anyone knows where they may be hiding them. I was going to snatch up a few for Christmas presents.
mad.gif

Nov 21, 2013 at 8:17 AM Post #131 of 134
They sold all their headphones,...and I missed getting another set of Sonics,...bummer!!!:mad:

May 5, 2015 at 9:28 PM Post #134 of 134
Update: Received my pair from Tanga.com. I can't tell if they are seconds, returbs or returns. I was disappointed that they did not come in the original box (it is a beautiful piece of packaging art) but the "space bag" is fine, has both sets of cables and the adapter, plus that stuff that says "DO NOT EAT!" (it's good on Taco Bell). I'll see if I can't give them a listen later on...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back