Incase Sonic
Aug 25, 2012 at 9:07 PM Post #91 of 134
They arrived this morning - my first impression was "light", followed moments later by "comfortable".  Though strictly speaking, my first impression was how attractive, and easy to get into the packaging was.  I'm not having any issues with microphonics in the cable, unlike others.  I've only used the blue one - is it possible the different cables have different properties?

Sep 4, 2012 at 8:15 AM Post #95 of 134
Had mine for a week, haven't opened as not sure if I should just gift it. Do you think the vocals sound warmer, or focus for more clarity? Thanks!

Sep 11, 2012 at 6:15 AM Post #96 of 134
Just got mine for 55 from tech woot. First things off it's comfortable as everyone says, definitely the most comfy pair I've ever worn. Build quality is great and I don't have any problems with the wires. Problem is that the highs are pretty sibilant so far, if I'm using the correct vocab. This is without burn in however, they definitely sound a bit screechy as of now but it's not something intolerable. As far the general sound quality, it sounds exactly how I expected it to. Honestly at its original price point I don't know how this could be considered worthy of the price range but at the lower prices now it's a definite deal. It doesn't do anything outstanding and just has a plain and simple sound signature. I enjoy it more than the srh840s I used to have which sounded too clean and neutral, this is not an audiophile pair but good for casual listening.

Sep 13, 2012 at 7:18 AM Post #98 of 134
they look really cheap and sooo ugly

They are neither. Thanks for adding a positive note to the thread. Especially since you've never tried them before - your opinion is useless.

I like mine with the V-Moda single click hp cable paired with my Nokia Lumia 900. They go together fantastically well. :cool:

Sep 15, 2012 at 3:52 PM Post #99 of 134
Quote:

Has anyone heard these and the Noontec Zoro, ideally side by side?  I almost went for the Zoro instead as the summer's hot new sound.

I have both. They will be included in my next roundup review. Both are very underrated headphones and a great purchase if you look around to find deals on them.

Here are some quick comparisons:

Design and build quality - both are very good but I would give the slight edge to the Sonic. Also, if you get the Zoro in black or red they are fingerprint magnets (mine are white and that helps). The finish of the plastics on the Sonic is really nice. Also, the Sonic is unique and designed from the ground up, the Zoro borrows all of it's basic design from the Beats Solo.

Comfort - Both are excellent. The Sonic is comfortable and snug at the same time. The Zoro has a pretty light clamping force (which I prefer) but not ideal for headbanging or exersizing, etc.

Sound quality -

The Sonic has a deeper, but slightly slower bass. It's mids are noticeably recessed but not bad and very detailed. The highs do settle down after burn in and are crisp and smooth for the most part. Soundstage is quite good for a large closed headphone, but not spectacular.

The Zoro is more mid-centric. There is plenty of bass and some pretty sparkly highs, but the mids are forward and very occasionally grainy with certain types of music. Soundstage is also pretty respectable.

Both headphones are far from neutral and have a fun and engaging sound signature. I'm glad I don't have to choose between the two. Both are excellent in their own way.

But as far as thoughts on the Sonic...I have over 40 sets of phones and the Incase Sonic is in fact very good. I don't choose to bother to compare it to more expensive hi-fi cans. It's a consumer headphone with great design and comfort and SQ that is surprisingly good. Just enjoy them...

Sep 18, 2012 at 7:19 AM Post #100 of 134
I just bought these on eBay, but out of the box they produce a slight distorting rattle in the left ear cup with the low bass. I listen to hip hop, unamped, on an iPhone 4 and MacBook Pro (same problem on both devices). Is this normal or did I receive a defective unit?

Sep 18, 2012 at 8:00 AM Post #101 of 134
I just bought these on eBay, but out of the box they produce a slight distorting rattle in the left ear cup with the low bass. I listen to hip hop, unamped, on an iPhone 4 and MacBook Pro (same problem on both devices). Is this normal or did I receive a defective unit?

If the left earcup is making a strange noise it sounds defective to me. My 2 sets are crystal clear, no rattle or distortion - even at high volumes. Send them back,...

Sep 18, 2012 at 9:17 AM Post #102 of 134
Quote:

They sound defective to me, indeed. Please refer to the "Quality" section of 

http://www.audiocheck.net/soundtests_headphones.php

to confirm the rattle (and refer to the same link when returning your headphones, so they can confirm at their side as well).

Sep 20, 2012 at 12:04 AM Post #104 of 134
Bought a pair of these but find that they do not work with my samsung galaxy or my iriver mp3 player - disappointing.  Why did they come with two identical (yet different coloured) cords?  Why not one regular headphone cable and the other a iphone one with the remote inbuilt?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back