in praise of the new shure 535
Jun 26, 2010 at 5:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

jlbrach

Headphoneus Supremus
having owned the 530's I bought these new IEM's not quite knowing what to expect.....I always enjoyed the sound signature of the 530's but had a problem with the shape of the housing and the angle of the nozzle which kept me from achieving the kind of isolation that i look for....at this point with the high end IEM's getting to the point that they are all so good and difficult to distinguish,at least for me....the comfort and isolation becomes extremely important to me....The new 535's are for me an dramatic improvement because the housing is a fair bit smaller and flatter which allows it to fit more flush to my ear when inserted giving me far better isolation,in fact the isolation now approaches that of my champion for isolation the etymotic er-4p...also the new cable allows the housing to swivel which makes it easier to insert and more comfortable...the cable is also far better...i also notice that the 535's seem to be a bit less sensitive or efficient than the 530s to my ears which is good because when i use my zune it makes a lot of hard drive noise through the phones and picks up some electronic noise as well and the 535s pick up a bit less....at least it appears that way to my ears......all in all the sound signature is obviously similar but all of the other improvements make it a far better product to me....hope that is of interest to others interested

Jun 26, 2010 at 5:36 PM Post #2 of 9
Man, you ought to write a longer review, regarding the bass, mid, treble, imaging, soundstage...And some opinions when listening to some songs...some pics will be fine too...why not some comparison between the 530 and the 535....how is the comfort when using different tips...like triple flange for example...how much did you buy it for....is there any place that might sell it for a lower price...do you have other earphones to compare to...what source you have...thanks if you decide to expand on your impression...
....eh I am starting to type like how you type? 
biggrin.gif

Jun 26, 2010 at 5:43 PM Post #3 of 9
Not a review as I didn't have to compare but I had 530s for a bit and I gave the 535 a quick listen at canjam on my touch. It seemed to be smoother and slightly more extended at the top where before it had a minor lower treble bump that may have made it seem more effecient (noise?) and less extended. They also seemed a bit smoother overall. jlbrach, are they still snappy enough? 

Jun 26, 2010 at 7:05 PM Post #4 of 9
My intention was not to write a detailed review of the sonic characteristics so much as to explain why I very much like the 535 relative to the 530..as I explained,I am not suggesting the 535 is significantly better sound wise than the 530...simply that the external improvements...size,change in angle of nozzle and chord have made this a much more enjoyable product for me

Jun 27, 2010 at 9:02 PM Post #5 of 9

Quote:
Man, you ought to write a longer review, regarding the bass, mid, treble, imaging, soundstage...And some opinions when listening to some songs...some pics will be fine too...why not some comparison between the 530 and the 535....how is the comfort when using different tips...like triple flange for example...how much did you buy it for....is there any place that might sell it for a lower price...do you have other earphones to compare to...what source you have...thanks if you decide to expand on your impression...
....eh I am starting to type like how you type? 
biggrin.gif

There is another thread with some more thoughts and reviews already:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/497285/shure-se535-reviews-and-first-impressions-thread#post_6740981

Just some more data points.

Jun 27, 2010 at 9:36 PM Post #6 of 9
Yea you should definitely take this a little further and write up a detailed review of the phones. Pictures would be great as well :)
Of course direct comparisons of the same songs with both the 530 and 535 would be great too. 
There are already threads with info on these new phones but you can never have too many reviews :)

Jun 28, 2010 at 9:02 AM Post #8 of 9
^Sadly they do :/ Good thing though is that for the most part, they're worth the wait :) But yea I'm thinking about writing a few myself when I have the free time. I probably won't start it for a week or so because I'm a procrastinator :)

Feb 15, 2012 at 9:04 AM Post #9 of 9
I came from the 530's to the 535's and I have to say, these IEM are a lot more comfortable to be. The sound is excellent, I really like the way they are so clearly defined. Is it better than the sound I got from my 530's? yes, but just a little. What does it for me are the cables, the size and of course the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back