in praise of etymotic HF5
Jul 7, 2011 at 7:06 AM Post #31 of 145
The hf5 is a very good IEM.

I've been using it for quite a while now, almost everyday, and they are holding up very well and I really like the sound.

Although, they could add a tad warmth, whith some extra bass. I find the lower spectrum lacking.

Jul 7, 2011 at 11:31 AM Post #32 of 145
I have had a pair of HF-5's for about a month now, I bought them after my DBA-02's crapped out and for the price I think they are awesome.  The isolation is second to none and, in my recollection, they are 98% as good as the DBA-02's and that is just because the DBA-02's have a bit more punch in the bass, since I bought the HF5's I have not put my RE0's in my ears  So far I have used them with my IPhone 4 and a FIIO E1 and I have been happy but I am waiting on a JDS CMOY (Maybe today) and I am looking forward to seeing how much change there will be.  I really like the looks, build quality, and two year warranty the Ety offers.

Cheers,
Jim

Jul 7, 2011 at 1:55 PM Post #33 of 145

Quote:
The hf5 is a very good IEM.

I've been using it for quite a while now, almost everyday, and they are holding up very well and I really like the sound.

Although, they could add a tad warmth, whith some extra bass. I find the lower spectrum lacking.

I actually found the hf5 adequately warm, coming from the RE0. ...Though, I haven't really owned anything considered "warm" yet.

Jul 7, 2011 at 7:33 PM Post #34 of 145
Thanks guys!  I'm really thinking about purchasing the HFs then!  So you guys confirm that they do have some bass in it?  That is all I need to hear, because I do enjoy a little bit of thumping, but just not too much.

How are the highs?  From one review, they said the highs are a little bit too much and tiring on the ears?

Also I do not know which HF to buy.  I know the HF5 just has the earphone.  But what is the difference between the HF2 & HF3?

Thanks!

Jul 8, 2011 at 3:10 PM Post #35 of 145

Quote:
Thanks guys!  I'm really thinking about purchasing the HFs then!  So you guys confirm that they do have some bass in it?  That is all I need to hear, because I do enjoy a little bit of thumping, but just not too much.

How are the highs?  From one review, they said the highs are a little bit too much and tiring on the ears?

Also I do not know which HF to buy.  I know the HF5 just has the earphone.  But what is the difference between the HF2 & HF3?

Thanks!

I don't find the highs fatiguing at all, especially compared to the RE0s I had before. I actually think treble extension is one of the main things the hf5 could do better, though qualitywise treble's great.

Jul 8, 2011 at 5:46 PM Post #37 of 145

Quote:

Thanks!

HF5 is straight earphone, no mic.  HF2 has a mic with general mp3 player controls; HF2 has controls specific for iPod / iPhone.

Jul 8, 2011 at 9:19 PM Post #41 of 145

Quote:
What kind of controls are specific for the ipod?  just volume?

HF2 = Play, pause, next, previous (with the random clicks you do to the single button).
HF3 = Play, pause, next, previous (with the random clicks you do to the center button) along with volume control (up and down buttons). 

If your iPod/iPhone has voice control (shuffle, Touch, etc) you can press and hold the center (or single) button to activate it. 

Hope this helps :)

Jul 8, 2011 at 9:34 PM Post #42 of 145

Quote:
HF2 = Play, pause, next, previous (with the random clicks you do to the single button).
HF3 = Play, pause, next, previous (with the random clicks you do to the center button) along with volume control (up and down buttons). 

If your iPod/iPhone has voice control (shuffle, Touch, etc) you can press and hold the center (or single) button to activate it. 

Hope this helps :)

Oh thanks! To me seems like the HF2 is the better deal because I rarely have to adjust the volume. I usually just skip songs.
Do you have an opinion between the Monster Turbines & HF2s?

Jul 8, 2011 at 9:45 PM Post #43 of 145

Quote:
Oh thanks! To me seems like the HF2 is the better deal because I rarely have to adjust the volume. I usually just skip songs.
Do you have an opinion between the Monster Turbines & HF2s?

I have heard neither :frowning2:  All I know is that the HF2 is brighter and more analytical than the Turbines which are warmer and bass heavy.  I couldn't tell you much after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back