In need of some DIY wire advise
Apr 18, 2022 at 2:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

LuisPereira

New Head-Fier
Hi there to all!

I’m going to do a project to make a connector with a double 6,35mm TRS jack to a female 4 pin xlr. I’ll be using it to make my Brooklyn Dac a balanced headphone output.
I’ve bought both the connectors and the wire. For the 4pin XLR the correction seem easy, but I’m unsure of the connection of both the jacks. The cable I bought is a balanced cable, so with ground.
I appreciate anyone that can help me with the wiring scheme of this.

Thanks in advance to all!

Apr 29, 2022 at 11:13 AM Post #2 of 5
<delete>
Edit: Sorry that not aware the Brooklyn Dac has a balanced output mode. #4 should be correct.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2022 at 11:43 AM Post #3 of 5
Hi there to all!

I’m going to do a project to make a connector with a double 6,35mm TRS jack to a female 4 pin xlr. I’ll be using it to make my Brooklyn Dac a balanced headphone output.
I’ve bought both the connectors and the wire. For the 4pin XLR the correction seem easy, but I’m unsure of the connection of both the jacks. The cable I bought is a balanced cable, so with ground.
I appreciate anyone that can help me with the wiring scheme of this.

Thanks in advance to all!
I believe there is a wiring diagram in the manual or a tech brief on the Mytek site.

May 2, 2022 at 5:07 PM Post #4 of 5
Yep. Found this, which matches their port descriptions for the headphone jacks:
1651525530930.png

You would not connect the sleeves of either 1/4" to anything. Balanced connections don't reference to ground, so not needed here. The + connections would go to the 1/4" on the left, and the - connections to the right 1/4".

May 3, 2022 at 6:35 AM Post #5 of 5
Yep. Found this, which matches their port descriptions for the headphone jacks:
1651525530930.png

You would not connect the sleeves of either 1/4" to anything. Balanced connections don't reference to ground, so not needed here. The + connections would go to the 1/4" on the left, and the - connections to the right 1/4".
Thanks! That seems to be the one. And I'm glad I see it because the wiring is different then I would think it would.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back