In need of public friendly headphones
Dec 7, 2012 at 8:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

joshuawahhab14

New Head-Fier
I have a price range of up to around $500. I listen to hip hop and R&B exclusively (not the most eclectic guy i know.) I was thinking about Sennheiser 600s, but I heard they're not too good for use on the bus/train/ferry/etc as they are open back. Any good closed backs that I can listen to or open backs that people can't hear and won't have the quality ruined by the environment? Thanks in advance

Dec 7, 2012 at 10:51 AM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
or open backs that people can't hear and won't have the quality ruined by the environment? Thanks in advance

Well, that's impossible. All open back headphones leak sound. 

If you care about looks, take a look at the V-moda M-80 or maybe the Ultrasone Pro 750/900. 

I assume you are using a mp3 player? 

Dec 7, 2012 at 11:28 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:
I have a price range of up to around $500. I listen to hip hop and R&B exclusively (not the most eclectic guy i know.) I was thinking about Sennheiser 600s, but I heard they're not too good for use on the bus/train/ferry/etc as they are open back. Any good closed backs that I can listen to or open backs that people can't hear and won't have the quality ruined by the environment? Thanks in advance

Have you thought about IEMs ? They are the most "public friendly" due to noise isolation... And it also goes both ways, other people cannot hear your music and it also reduce the outside noise (like metro or bus sound). So do you have a particular reason for focusing on headphones in this case?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back