In need of full size cans for rap and dubstep
Jan 16, 2012 at 12:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

headphonatic

500+ Head-Fier
I've got a friend who loves dubstep, and rap, has a 150 budget, and wants full sized cans. portability is favorable, thought not essential, he love bass, and sound stage, but needs some isolation though not much, so what are some bassy headphones, that do not reccess the mids, because he listens to rap, and will also work for dubstep. One more thing, he enjoys clarity, though again hates cold sounding headphones. The bass has to have a big impact. Any suggestions?

Jan 16, 2012 at 1:15 PM Post #2 of 11
Ultrasone HFI-580. The fill all the requirements. 

Jan 16, 2012 at 1:56 PM Post #4 of 11

Quote:
Almost +1 as I don't think HIFI580's are warm sounding.  They do have good lively mids like Grado. 

Yes, you are right. They are bright and energetic. I should have said, "they almost fill all your reqs". 
tongue.gif

But definitely, they do well with the genres listed. 

Jan 16, 2012 at 2:44 PM Post #6 of 11
Getting cans that have lots of bass, big impact, and yet no mid recession is like trying to find a unicorn.  That said, the HFI-580 is probably as close as you're going to get.  They also have S Logic+, which gives them an usually large soundstage for a closed headphone.

Jan 16, 2012 at 2:52 PM Post #7 of 11
HFi580 has a good soudstage for a closed headphone but not very large imo.

Jan 16, 2012 at 3:43 PM Post #8 of 11
Ok, but we're talking about < $150 here.  What has a bigger soundstage while also fitting his requirements?  The DT-770, maybe, but it's a little out of the price range, needs amping, and has more recessed mids.

Jan 21, 2012 at 2:23 PM Post #10 of 11
If you're willing to spend a bit more, like $200 more, probably the pro 900's
been listening to Modestep and Nero with them. They're pretty good but as usual, ultrasone's require sufficient amping as well. Probably the downside. But love them anyway.:D

Jan 21, 2012 at 6:10 PM Post #11 of 11

Quote:
If you're willing to spend a bit more, like $200 more, probably the pro 900's
been listening to Modestep and Nero with them. They're pretty good but as usual, ultrasone's require sufficient amping as well. Probably the downside. But love them anyway.:D

After reading this I searched for Modestep. Thank you so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back