In need of Earphones similar to beats [max £100]
Jun 1, 2011 at 8:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 46

Datastream

Head-Fier
I have had two pairs of Monster Beats 'tour' Earphones and they both broke. At the moment I'm stuck with an apple pair so i really need to buy a new pair ASAP.
I need a pair which has similar sound bass/treble quality or better to the beats. The type of music i listen to is generally hiphop/rap. Asked on another forum somebody recommended the Head Direct HiFiMan RE0 but some reviews said that it kind of lacks base.

Jun 1, 2011 at 10:57 PM Post #2 of 46
http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/shop/Headphones.6/Denon.320/AH-C710-/Denon_AH-C710_In-Ear_Stereo_Headphones.3872.html

Under 100 quid and all the bass you'll need.

Jun 2, 2011 at 12:44 PM Post #10 of 46
Monster Turbines or Future Sonics Atrio X...both are fantastic for Hip Hop and Rap.  I've tried virtually every headphone under 150 for those genres and those are the two I've settled on, with the edge tot he Atrio X because they can be worn at the gym a little easier.  Deeper insertion and they are a bit lighter so they stay put with a lot of activity.

Jun 2, 2011 at 12:47 PM Post #11 of 46
if you loved/missed beats tour flat cables you can consider a-Jays 2 or a-Jays 3 (just for it's flat cables)

but do note that these a-jays provide zero bass if compared to beats tour

Jun 2, 2011 at 1:17 PM Post #12 of 46
Klipsch S4 or S5 will mop the floor with your broken Beats.
While its bass quantity is too much for most folks around here, it will be perfect for an ex-Beats owner / hip-hop&rap lover.
Better sound quality.
Better build quality and/or durability.
Better price.
Available with inline mic and iPod/iPhone controls.

It's also usually easy to find at local stores, so you can try them out before buying.

Jun 2, 2011 at 2:25 PM Post #13 of 46
There's so many earphones out there how are you supposed to know which ones are the best without actually trying them out first -__-
At the moment i'm looking at the Fischer eterna & Future Sonics Atrio X.

Although I don't really have any idea if there are others which will be better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back