In my opinion, Shure repair service is awful
Jul 18, 2011 at 11:20 AM Post #91 of 108

Quote:
Head-Fi is privately owned. What does that mean? We're all just little birds going around in them F-22 territories.
And don't try to ram their engines.
About it.

exactly, people are posting who never owned a Shure product nor dealt with Shure repair service simple cause they dont want to stall the engine that keeps them up in the air. What does that mean? Can never have a real unbiased opinion in fear of them not contributing.

Its funny, run through the forums and see how many negative reviews there are...hardly any....Is it that every single company makes an awesome/bullet proof product? Ya, ill believe that when rainbows fly out of my butt and smells like sherbert.

Jul 18, 2011 at 2:40 PM Post #93 of 108
I'm over 50 (old people LOL) and have owned and required service on Shure products. Been extremely happy with the time and results involved. Of course I didn't insult them or demand a one day turn around after sitting on my hands bitching for a while. I also didn't use 2nd day delivery if I expected next day type consideration and service. Everybody's fault but yours. Feel free to join that other forum that's such a better place to be.

Jul 18, 2011 at 3:19 PM Post #94 of 108

Quote:
I'm over 50 (old people LOL) and have owned and required service on Shure products. Been extremely happy with the time and results involved. Of course I didn't insult them or demand a one day turn around after sitting on my hands bitching for a while. I also didn't use 2nd day delivery if I expected next day type consideration and service. Everybody's fault but yours. Feel free to join that other forum that's such a better place to be.

I was not just expecting this. I was on the phone with Shure when the next and 2 day service was recommended to me. It was a extra charge for this from Shure to have it shipped back overnight. After i agreed to this, i asked the times when they were opened and explained that im going to have it overnight shipped to them. They explained how it works, as long as the item isnt back ordered its a day to process. I went the next day to the PO and had it shipped over night, following the plan that was discussed. Check it the next day and saw that it there wasnt anyone to receive it. Why i was mad was this was just questioned the day before. I went through with my part, had it shipped overnight. So it was a total waste to ship it so fast cause they werent there when it was delivered.

I bought the item, i wasnt expecting miracles...i never once asked for anything free....i went along with their replacement service and still got hit at the end when all i wanted to do was use the expedited service.

Ive been around here for a while, participated and helped setup canjams here and there. People who know me, know im not unreasonable person. However, i feel this has turned into a more flame fest than what it was really about in the beginning.

Jul 18, 2011 at 8:13 PM Post #95 of 108

Quote:

. I went the next day to the PO and had it shipped over night, following the plan that was discussed. Check it the next day and saw that it there wasnt anyone to receive it. Why i was mad was this was just questioned the day before. I went through with my part, had it shipped overnight. So it was a total waste to ship it so fast cause they werent there when it was delivered.

"......i sent in my package and did it 2 day to get it there for the weekend." ""     Usps 

USPS doesn't have a guaranteed 2 day service and the time given by the carrier may have been off. 9 your time is 8 in Niles IL if that was correct to begin with. I suspect you used priority service which can get it there in 2 days but the sig can be an issue if it gets there too early. UPS would have been a no brainer and next day services will either redeliver or let you specify an appropriate delivery time.

If you're entitled to your opinion, than so am I. You're the one accusing those that don't share your view and the board in general of having ulterior motives. Maybe we just honestly disagree. When something is important to me, I don't assume perfection and plan around maybe not getting it perfect. Not expect perfection after waiting until the last minute. Of course whomever was on the phone recommended expedited shipping for a faster turn around but there are ways to guarantee delivery that you chose not to use after creating a tenuous timetable. Honestly, you sound like a conspiracy theorist. Regardless, it's obvious that you're beginning to modify things a bit as we go along so there's little point in continuing. Hope that by some way you may get your new phones before you leave.

Jul 18, 2011 at 9:36 PM Post #96 of 108
Don't feed the troll....

Jul 18, 2011 at 9:53 PM Post #97 of 108
Jul 18, 2011 at 10:26 PM Post #98 of 108
To be honest i think Shure customer service is excellent. My cables on my SLC-K were breaking and destroyed sound to the left ear and i emailed them and they gave me a form and then a shipping sheet. I shipped it over and a email that the shure represetative sent me said they had shipped me a new pair  SLC2-K. I received them and I am quite happy with the ways things were dealt.

Jul 19, 2011 at 9:22 AM Post #99 of 108
 I'm going to temporarily ignore my own recommendation to not feed the troll to make a brief point about why it's best not to feed the troll.

Observe a recent quote:

Quote:
However, i feel this has turned into a more flame fest than what it was really about in the beginning.

Sounds like "aw, shucks...I never meant for this thread to be so downright mean".

Now observe the original post that opened this thread, in it's entirety (emphasis mine):

Quote:
Well, had some issues with my E500s, had the housing split a bit.

Called up shure to find out how much to repair. I got to a Service rep, who barely sounded like he was awake. I began to explain my problem, he then directed to me to the web site. He asked to print out a form, mail in my headphones with a check or MO for $240.......$240!!!!!!!!??????

I explained to him that its just the cable housing. He told me that they dont fix their cables. Is this true? I could of sworn people have had their cable housing fixed from shure.

Honestly, they cant fix a $400-$500 set of IEMs? They make us pay more to replace them? Anyone else experience this?

Im not buying another Shure product again....greedy bastards.

After this, it only gets worse...and apparently anyone who disagrees with the OP is part of some one-sided grand conspiracy to protect a head-fi sponsor/meet contributor.  In fact, he even states that the only reason he's behaving like such a horse's patoot later on in the thread is to demonstrate how Head-Fi has "changed".

Don't feed the troll....

Jul 19, 2011 at 9:55 AM Post #100 of 108
Its fine, call me names...call me a troll, call me this and that. i never once called anyone names nor did i "insult" shure with my note, if anything it was a smart ass remark.

Fact of the matter is what happened after i posted was unfair and down right mean....i posted an honest experience, i didnt make it up, however, all Elrod did was find new ways to insult a person. I never called anyone a name. However, i leave here as a troll or a horse patoot. You put me on the defensive at the very beginning, questioning my integrity and why i was posting. Coming up with your own conclusions and once i said you were wrong, as nicely as i put it, the names came flying in. I defended my original post and comment as the situation happened. All you did was fine clever ways to insult me. Dont act all surpised and shocked that i retaliated by me getting defensive.

How is it that anyone that posts anything bad is always greeted with nothing but insults or name calling...i was checking out that post above about the customer service and the first few i saw were just people calling them names and accusing them of being dishonest. WHY DO WE NEED TO DEFEND ourselves. A company is capable of being good to some and bad to others. This has been known to happen you know.

One of these days we all going to meet up and im going to laugh about this. I laugh about it now....Fun times in the near future =)

Jul 19, 2011 at 10:24 AM Post #101 of 108
Sparrows and F-22s, buddy. Sparrows and F-22s.
There's already this whole "atmosphere" about what mods are doing now. I'm not going to tell you to rectify anything, you know, I ain't got the authority anyway. The general writing manners you have used here are aggressive, but re-enacting the scenario in my head, to me, it is comprehensible.
What can I say... You're a Supremus too and you joined much earlier than I have. So thank you for sharing your experience and... Keep your head down.
That's all I can say. Still, come to think of it, half the MSRP on a brand-new upgraded product is one heck of a nice service.

Jul 19, 2011 at 10:37 AM Post #102 of 108

Quote:
Sparrows and F-22s, buddy. Sparrows and F-22s.
There's already this whole "atmosphere" about what mods are doing now. I'm not going to tell you to rectify anything, you know, I ain't got the authority anyway. The general writing manners you have used here are aggressive, but re-enacting the scenario in my head, to me, it is comprehensible.
What can I say... You're a Supremus too and you joined much earlier than I have. So thank you for sharing your experience and... Keep your head down.
That's all I can say. Still, come to think of it, half the MSRP on a brand-new upgraded product is one heck of a nice service.

Ya, i understand...

Its not a bad deal to replace a broken 530 with a 535 at half price. I just didnt see it fitting that there isnt something in place for simple fixes, like the headphone jack or the cable housing. Which is the point i was trying to make.....after that, once i did decide to buy the 535, the whole situation blew up when they werent there to receive the package. I paid for the expedited service, Shure and USPS.

Im sure they all are use to having everything go wrong....ya, you paid for expedited service and it took just as long as normal, its ok right? I paid almost $30 to have something overnight shipped and they not there when it was delivered (on a friday, which means its not redelivered till monday) thats ok too right? On top of that, i paid $240 cause of a frayed cable housing....thats common practice though, so its must be 100% right. I can see how this is my fault, Shure not being there during business hours, that was my fault, i flew to Illinois the night before and took out the whole company to get wasted, my bad, should of known better.

Jul 19, 2011 at 11:03 AM Post #103 of 108
Dude, show you're not a trolling by letting this thread die off already.

You've made your point, there is no OOW repair service. Shure offers a two year disposable product, after which prepare to pay for a replacement. It's stated clearly all over this thread.

Any further bashing about your shipping issues should be kept to yourself, unless you created this thread with the intent of bashing Shure rather than informing people how their 2 year warranty works.

Jul 20, 2011 at 12:03 AM Post #104 of 108
Just because you're a 'Supremus' doesn't mean you actually contributed useful posts. Food for thought.

Shure has been good to me, I have nothing against them. Life is unfair, suck it up and stop whining.

Jul 20, 2011 at 2:11 PM Post #105 of 108

Quote:
Just because you're a 'Supremus' doesn't mean you actually contributed useful posts. Food for thought.

Shure has been good to me, I have nothing against them. Life is unfair, suck it up and stop whining.

lol, I'm writing tons of posts so I may be a supremus someday too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back