In my case, if my college GPA drops, will it matter?
May 22, 2010 at 9:24 AM Post #64 of 76
My parents want me to go, so I said I would in exchange for monetary compensation. I just got payed $50 stand around for a few hours, tax-free. 

May 22, 2010 at 10:20 AM Post #66 of 76
I remember waking up on graduation day and being bitched at all morning by my then long-time girlfriend who liked to go on long rants at me. When my parents got to my place they fussed at me quite a bit, too. I also remember graduating with the 20 or 30 other people in the Geosciences school, only to have to wait for two hours while they said the name of every single person graduating from the liberal arts college. I remember going out to dinner with the fam later that day, too. It was a really long, boring day. 

But, I don't have any idea what I did the day before or the day after my graduation. That alone is worth going, I hope you did.

May 22, 2010 at 12:31 PM Post #67 of 76

Quote:
I remember waking up on graduation day and being bitched at all morning by my then long-time girlfriend who liked to go on long rants at me. When my parents got to my place they fussed at me quite a bit, too. I also remember graduating with the 20 or 30 other people in the Geosciences school, only to have to wait for two hours while they said the name of every single person graduating from the liberal arts college. I remember going out to dinner with the fam later that day, too. It was a really long, boring day. 

But, I don't have any idea what I did the day before or the day after my graduation. That alone is worth going, I hope you did.

Haha! T'was the same thing for me! I didn't really want to walk, but ended up doing so because by sheer coincidence, my dad managed to finish his Ph.D. the same semester so we ended up walking together. PITA though, because there was nearly an hour of speeches at the start of the ceremony, and then the College of Engineering went first so I was done walking almost immediately, but had to go through nearly an hour of liberal arts graduates before they got to Ph.D. candidates.

Ergo my choice not to walk again during this ceremony. Maybe during the next one if it means more to my advisors than anything else cause they walk with the Ph.D. candidates.

May 22, 2010 at 1:14 PM Post #68 of 76
I'm not sure if this has been asked and answered but what career are you pursuing in business?

May 22, 2010 at 7:19 PM Post #69 of 76
Truthfully, I have no idea. I'm one of the folks who chose business because I couldn't do math or direct adult content. I'll be lucky to get a decent entry-level job after college, no work experience or connections. (Graduated among the top of my class though)

I did go to graduation, it was long, boring, and I lost my parents for over 20 minutes. Didn't even get to take pictures. 

May 23, 2010 at 12:51 AM Post #73 of 76

Quote:
Truthfully, I have no idea. I'm one of the folks who chose business because I couldn't do math or direct adult content. I'll be lucky to get a decent entry-level job after college, no work experience or connections. (Graduated among the top of my class though)

I did go to graduation, it was long, boring, and I lost my parents for over 20 minutes. Didn't even get to take pictures. 

Seen that teddy bear in your blog before; does your blog still exist?? I can't find it.

May 23, 2010 at 2:11 AM Post #74 of 76
Well i think career choice is very crucial to whether your GPA score can be a little lenient regarding it dropping, so if you even have an idea that would be a start. Either way it being higher is obviously going to be only for your benefit. :p

May 23, 2010 at 4:17 AM Post #75 of 76
Congrats!

I'll tell you something that nobody ever told me.

If you want something bad enough there is always more than 1 way to get it in an honest way. 
wink_face.gif

Best of luck to you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back