In-Ear Monitor Christmas Suggestion
Sep 10, 2014 at 10:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Genjisleeps

100+ Head-Fier
I'm trying to find a In-Ear Monitor for my little brother for Christmas because hes been looking for one since my mother trashed his last one in the dryer. I was looking all through the website and found three. The first one I saw was the Sennheiser Momentums In-Ear because of the press release. The second was the Xiaomi Pistons 2.0. When I ask between the pistons and the momentums he chose the pistons due to them being cheap, the android capability, and the chocolate smell. He would prefer them being cheap because he's in that independent phase were he doesn't want to owe anyone anything. After I was looking for the pistons I found why they were cheap because of how many fakes there were around so I looked for another and I found the VSonic GR07 because he said he really wants bass.

My budget for this is low - $100. If you can recommend me another IEM or tell me out of these 3 it would really help. thanks!

Sep 22, 2014 at 5:45 PM Post #2 of 3
I'm trying to find a In-Ear Monitor for my little brother for Christmas because hes been looking for one since my mother trashed his last one in the dryer. I was looking all through the website and found three. The first one I saw was the Sennheiser Momentums In-Ear because of the press release. The second was the Xiaomi Pistons 2.0. When I ask between the pistons and the momentums he chose the pistons due to them being cheap, the android capability, and the chocolate smell. He would prefer them being cheap because he's in that independent phase were he doesn't want to owe anyone anything. After I was looking for the pistons I found why they were cheap because of how many fakes there were around so I looked for another and I found the VSonic GR07 because he said he really wants bass.

My budget for this is low - $100. If you can recommend me another IEM or tell me out of these 3 it would really help. thanks!

Uhh, dude, the Pistons are already cheap. It's just a CHinese IEM, so it's expected that there will be crap-ass fakers rampant in the market. Find them any lower than $20 and it's a fake. That, and you probably should know where to look for them -- Penonaudio.com and ibuygou.com are both reputable sellers.

If you still think the fact that there are fakes makes them cheap, you might want to look at the Yamaha EPH-100 or the HiFiMAN RE-400 Waterline, both of which are amazing choices for $100.

Hope this helps.
-- thatBeatsguy

Oct 15, 2014 at 4:26 PM Post #3 of 3
Hmm well under $100 huh. I can recommend the Sennheiser CX300II. Depending where you live, they can be shipped to you by Amazon for as low as $36. Not much you can go wrong with a Sennheiser. My old pair served me well for a good 6 years before they stopped working.

If he really wants remote then I can sort of suggest Sound Magic E10 or the Brainwavz R1. R1s have really good bass and IMO decent clarity across the other range as well though some consider their trebles to be too warm or boosted.

IIRC mp4nation is selling the R1 at discount price at the moment ~$39.50 and you can get further 5% off by going to their facebook page for the promotion code. And if you're a returning customer there's always points you can use for further discounts. Though as an owner of an R1 I do find their built quality a bit lacking so if your brother is not careful with his headphones then I do not recommend them.

Anything else then you might want to do a bit of digging around the site. It's usually really hard to go wrong with anything between $50-$100 range. Though I would advice you to steer clear of artists endorsed brand for the most part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back