In defense of Skullcandy headphones!
Dec 12, 2009 at 2:30 AM Post #61 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Radio_head /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My friend had a pair of skullcandy headphones. Then I showed him some lossless DSOTM with my esw9 through p-51, and he threw his headphones on the ground and crushed them underfoot for ruining what he now realized could be a euphoric experience. And that was just a portable rig.

If the cracked-out Skullcandy designers (who should be dragged out into the street and shot) ever designed a headphone that looked even half as good as these headphones, their candy-filled skulls would implode instantly.

29790.png

Dec 31, 2009 at 9:53 PM Post #64 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by boogernights /img/forum/go_quote.gif
surprisingly, the young ones prefer the stock buds to the nice shiny black ones if only because it aint black. now imagine it in camo, tribal print, mean girl pink, or whatever it is these kiddos want.

and it doesnt break their piggy banks like, say, an AKG 701 or an Ultrasone would. why they would choose this over portapros, ksc-75s or senns however, in spite of the obvious sonic quality upgrade at the same pricepoint (or maybe even cheaper), is beyond me. just goes to show you how form has ultimately taken over function in todays market. oh, and the bass amplifiers they add to their phones just totally mud out the detail completely, which i guess is what these kids like when listening to emo punk or club beats.

so now, we get to act like the old geezers we are and drool for headsets with wood, or go out and buy matte black metals, shiny chromes and aluminums, metal grilles and the like, as opposed to pink fur, camo paint, and tribal tattoo print.

i say we lost nothing people. it's their loss.

and would you believe the apple IEMs cost about 48 usd here in manila? are they even worth it? i'd buy a portapro again and again over that garbage. or 3 pairs of ep 630s. or 4 marshmallows... sheesh..

c'mon, don't generalize to bad, I'm only 17... and I'm looking into getting Klipsch Image S4's.

That said, I do own skullcandy, bought them before I realized they are crap... I'm now on my 3rd pair of FMJ's, at least skullcandy offers unlimited warranty lol.

with that, skullcandy is really the only earphones of OK quality I can get a hold of without ordering.

Dec 31, 2009 at 9:58 PM Post #65 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by z50j /img/forum/go_quote.gif
we like bass
L3000.gif
, especially if it makes the ground shake
popcorn.gif
even i like bass but that doesnt mean ill give up the good sq headphones just for the bass, besides thats why i wanted to upgrade from k518 to d1001..... the bass
tongue.gif

Hell ya
L3000.gif
L3000.gif
L3000.gif
beerchug.gif

Dec 31, 2009 at 10:04 PM Post #66 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by ka-boom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
skull-candy-headphone.jpg

On what planet are these better looking than plain black?

Two bullets for your ears, one for your brain.

Jan 1, 2010 at 12:44 AM Post #67 of 68
Just to add my two cents (because apparently I'm part of the target demographic), my friends balked at spending $60 on a pair of IEMs. To them, you spend money on an iPod because other music players take too much time and all their music is in iTunes already. They don't see themselves as audiophiles (I sure as hell didn't myself until a little while ago) so any product marketed in that direction is written off as unnecessary. And honestly, the idea of sound quality no longer exists. Music that comes from an iPod to them is supposed to sound like what comes out of the stock earbuds (even if they're using different headphones).

Which reminds me, yesterday I tried out the Beats at the apple store. The bass is strong, but I couldn't hear any real sub-bass thump (maybe on account of the noise). Aside from that they weren't all that bad. I think it's kinda cool that there are now products like that that straddle the line (sort of) between hi-fi and more mainstream consumer oriented products.

Jan 1, 2010 at 2:10 AM Post #68 of 68
For me, wearing a pair of bombastically designed Skullcandies just makes you a prime candidate for being thrown off a cliff of audio oblivion.

Kidding aside, I never have warmed to the idea of lugging these headphones with me, much less even thinking of ever touching them in retail stores. It just pains me to see many youngsters outta here in our country misled by savvy marketing and bite the expensive bait (yup, Skullcandies are quite expensive here in Manila) rather than look at cheaper yet sonically better alternatives (e.g. JVC marshmallows). I really pity them...
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back