IMR RAH - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Jun 16, 2020 at 10:43 AM Post #2,611 of 3,340
Apologies for changing the topic for a minute, but has anyone received any shipping info on the any of the 3 models on the way out these days? The last email stated they would be starting the shipping process a week or 2 ago, and I know, and have full support for Bob and now with his team back (if all went as planned), but I have not heard anyone mention anything about it since the last email got sent out. I talked to him apart from that email like a week before, which made me very optimistic that they would come trough with the stated final production and then the team coming inn to after the before mentioned weekend to get packing and shipping going.

I don't want to bother him with another personal email, although how joyable it is to talk to Bob as he has given me great insight into his construct methods, which is kinda foren to me coming from a more traditional high end hifi world. But that said, and I'm ok waiting for perfection (at least according to many, talking about the potential of an upgrade to the RAH in the PB ONE), but some info to easy my insufferable waiting would really be appreciated.

So.... Anyone heard anything more than the initial mail sent some weeks ago?

Thanks all, and I think this might be my first official post on here, so let me add "HI!! from Norway" after my main point. Great community, been lurking for years, and happy to join the ranks among you in this fantastic world of portable hifi. Really enjoying it and looking forward to the point where I get settled inn to the point I feel I can contribute with substantial information, and maybe some I got some overlap from the big hifi world that's relevant and can contribute to good conversation.

Have a good day now, despite the scare of different kinds friends around the world are struggling with or fighting forth. Wish you all well.
And to finish this off with a statement close to my heart: All Lives Matter.

-Yan-
Velkommen hit :metal:

Jun 16, 2020 at 4:35 PM Post #2,612 of 3,340
My EDP arrive tomorrow - I only live a few hundreds miles away from source though tbh.
Really looking forward to them. They should be a perfect 'out and about' IEM. The RED 2 are amazing but the planers in the Rahs add something really special but .... a little too big for walking around with outside. Exciting times. had the good fortune to acquire the Sony WM1A and have to say the Rahs out of the balanced of this player are just end game. Blows me away the quality of sound. Inexpressibly Great :D. Bob has genuinely brought me to the end of my search for quality

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020 at 9:32 PM Post #2,614 of 3,340
@NellieG Yea, I get you, and he's done a remarkable job with production so far while most of the rest of the world stood still. He really did all he could do, and more, to try and get these products out to us as soon as humanly possible. I'm fine with waiting a bit more, a few more weeks seeing as we are starting to look at close to half a year waiting from the initial order by now makes the extra time seem almost insignificant. Don't bother me the slightest considering most business arent even operating these past months anyhow. We'll be all the more stoked when they finally do arrive, and I know Bob has a personal email coming his way shortly after with initial impressions and my personal gratifications for pushing through like he did.

I better sign off now before I start sounding like some cult leader. Seems this is what the accumulation of all the things going on in the world at this moment might do to a mans psyche, including waiting for the PB ONE at the same time. So I'll leave it like this and hope for a quick delivery of my music delivery device, so that I at the very least can ease my perceived suffering of the world for a minute by enjoying some cheerful music. Nothing more powerful.

-Yan-

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2020 at 9:44 AM Post #2,616 of 3,340
EDP arrived.
As expected they are everything Bob said they would be and more !
With ALL my IMR iem's I always use purple bass/gold treble + New Bee foam tips as this gives me as close to a reference sound as [for my ears] you can get
(makes it easy to compare them as well!!)
Just having a quick listen on Hiby R3 (Out of 2.5mm balanced). 100 hours burn in is a long way off but...

Suffice it to say Bob has created something truly magical with his Planers.
Vocals are natural and present and perfectly mixed with the music levels and position wise
Soundstage already is big with a superb 3D separation
There is an amazing sub bass that pops in and out, deep within the mix.
I was very excited to hear off Bobs 'New'? Titanium driver. So far its looking very very intriguingly good indeed
Micro details are there and the planers give a tantalisingly delicate accurate presentation especially with acoustic instruments
Im also at work so I noticed when I concentrate on something the music instantly disappears - Which for me means, there is nothing distracting or wrong with it at all

These are a VERY special IEM. Legendary status potential
Anyhoo, will update after 100 hours or so

Jun 17, 2020 at 9:57 AM Post #2,617 of 3,340
EDP arrived.
With ALL my IMR iem's I always use purple bass/gold treble + New Bee foam tips as this gives me as close to a reference sound as [for my ears] you can get
Just having a quick listen on Hiby R3 (Out of 2.5mm balanced). 100 hours burn in is a long way off but...
Vocals are natural and present and perfectly mixed with the music levels and position wise
I was very excited to hear off Bobs 'New'? Titanium driver. So far its looking very very intriguingly good indeed
Micro details are there and the planers give a tantalisingly delicate accurate presentation especially with acoustic instruments
Im also at work so I noticed when I concentrate on something the music instantly disappears - Which for me means, there is nothing distracting or wrong with it at all
Hi, how comfortable are they and what about isolation on the EDP?
Would you mind doing a quick comparison with Red 2? if you had to choose one, which one would be?
regards, Jose

Jun 17, 2020 at 10:03 AM Post #2,618 of 3,340
Hi, how comfortable are they and what about isolation on the EDP?
Would you mind doing a quick comparison with Red 2? if you had to choose one, which one would be?
regards, Jose
Comfort is fine for me - The foam holds them in place so I dont think the shells actually touch ears ! The shells are a little bigger and fatter than I thought they would be and have a little bit of weight to them. Everyones ears are different but they are fine for me
Its not really fair to comment much with them 'out of the box' but they they may well end up sitingt somewhere between the Red 2 and the Rah
Having the fun of the Red's with the titanium driver and the technical abilities of the Rahs with their planers - Very interesting
In that they seem to have their own unique sound Im super happy thus far
At the moment they are very fun and dynamic - They are really partying! but I think that was the same impression I had with the Rahs out of the box
I'll do some proper comparisons after a week :)

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2020 at 10:14 AM Post #2,619 of 3,340
I should add, personally I find the Red 2, in many ways, to be one of THE best implemented dynamic drivers I have ever heard. I think due to the timing of it release it was a little missed by the community!

Jun 17, 2020 at 11:35 AM Post #2,620 of 3,340
Jun 17, 2020 at 12:13 PM Post #2,621 of 3,340
One special quality already apparent is that you can hear the size and space of the room the recording was made in And the reverberations in the room
So the details are there !! o_0
I hear a lot of similar qualities that the Rah had out of the box so Im super excited to hear how they perform when they settle down

Jun 17, 2020 at 5:36 PM Post #2,623 of 3,340
EDP arrived.

Thank you @jon parker I am super stoked to get my hands on mine. I love the RAHs but cant sleep with them or really even use them out of the house or office, so I'm excited by your initial reports, similar signature with better isolation!

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2020 at 7:39 AM Post #2,624 of 3,340
A quick update - I went back to the shipped filter tuning combination which is black/black. In the past I have avoided this as it produced far more bass than I was comfortable with.
The micro detail retrieval was extraordinary though . . . but the treble was too hot, too intense. Changing filters to black/blue and . . . bingo - Perfect!
I will say, as expected the low end is puncher and faster than the Aten dynamic driver. You hear the qualities one would expect from 'Titanium'
Looking forward to hearing how this dynamic driver develops along with he planar and how the marriage of the two ends up after a good 100 hours

EDIT: Int terms of where the EDP sit within the IMR range I think they are there to offer speed and exceptional detail retrieval & practically make the perfect 'commute' IEM :)

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2020 at 11:02 AM Post #2,625 of 3,340
Comfort is fine for me - The foam holds them in place so I dont think the shells actually touch ears ! The shells are a little bigger and fatter than I thought they would be and have a little bit of weight to them.
Hey, just a quick question the size of the EDPs. Do they sit flush in the ears making them suitable for sleeping or do they protrude out a bit? Its really hard to get a sense of the depth of them based on the pics

Users who are viewing this thread

Back