IMR RAH - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Jan 3, 2020 at 8:13 PM Post #1,352 of 3,340
thanks for answer. what about size in comparison to dx228? n6 seems to be quite chunky.

also soundwise m11pro and dx220. what do you think?

apologies fr off topic stuff just you seem the person to have tried so many daps.
DX220 and N6ii with T01 module sounds about the same to me. The DX220 isn't as smooth as the N6ii. Battery life is better on the N6ii, even more with the A01 module.
N6ii is very chunky and heavy, but I don't mind since it sits on my desk.

M11 and even the Pro just sounded flat to me. Some people like that. Fast UI and great battery life too.

N6ii has the qualities I like from the M11 and DX220.

Jan 3, 2020 at 8:20 PM Post #1,353 of 3,340
If anyone remembers, I previously said yesterday or maybe today I am super happy to have fixed all my issues and in a previous instalment I also said I use multiple tip styles and sizes daily, it would still appear I’m still tip rolling. Currently experimenting with my custom hybrid tip inspired by another member here, the orange foam from the symbio mandarinE into the azla Sedna earfit, shall now be called the mandarinEarfit lol.

You might want to invest into getting made custom IEM tips, going to an audiologist to get your ear canals molded, then send them to a company that can make you custom tips out of hard silicon. Considering that all IMRs use the same tips, you can get one set of custom molded tips specific to IMR tips and then you can use them across various IMR products.

Advanced Sound Group does this, https://www.adv-sound.com/products/eartune-fidelity-custom-fit-eartips.

Another idea would be to purchase something like Raidans custom molded earplugs, and once they are molded, then drill a hole to with a Dremel to fit the IMR filters, many have done this and they are inexpensive to do. https://www.amazon.com/Radians-CEP001-0-Custom-Molded-Earplugs

Jan 3, 2020 at 8:31 PM Post #1,354 of 3,340
You might want to invest into getting made custom IEM tips, going to an audiologist to get your ear canals molded, then send them to a company that can make you custom tips out of hard silicon. Considering that all IMRs use the same tips, you can get one set of custom molded tips specific to IMR tips and then you can use them across various IMR products.

Advanced Sound Group does this, https://www.adv-sound.com/products/eartune-fidelity-custom-fit-eartips.

Another idea would be to purchase something like Raidans custom molded earplugs, and once they are molded, then drill a hole to with a Dremel to fit the IMR filters, many have done this and they are inexpensive to do. https://www.amazon.com/Radians-CEP001-0-Custom-Molded-Earplugs

I’m not against this but in case you have missed this previously, I have been fitted with hearing aids and one reason I never wear them is fitment issues, I think with just audio use and not conversational use I should be ok but my ears are strange I know this much. I can achieve great comfort but then I have weird pressure issues and have to lose some quality which I know is there. I get the quality and eventually have sore ears.

Going back to my audiologist is on the cards to explore my options for moulds for hearing aids but as things are currently I’ve been getting myself in a better mental state. I’ve had chronic depression and anxiety which has pretty much taken my last 5 years of my life and in the past 12 months I’ve made fantastic progress with lots of help from the professionals and this year is my new year new me which is not a New Years resolution it’s a new mantra.

Jan 3, 2020 at 8:39 PM Post #1,355 of 3,340
DX220 and N6ii with T01 module sounds about the same to me. The DX220 isn't as smooth as the N6ii. Battery life is better on the N6ii, even more with the A01 module.
N6ii is very chunky and heavy, but I don't mind since it sits on my desk.

M11 and even the Pro just sounded flat to me. Some people like that. Fast UI and great battery life too.

N6ii has the qualities I like from the M11 and DX220.
Sounds like cayin would be a good choice. Unfortunately i need something more portable. I think i will just order dx220 to try out. Problem is i will not have a chance to try amp8 which seems to be more of what i would prefer. But alleat i will get a picture.

Maybe i dont even need anything other than wm1a. Another option is to invest in modding it. Heard good things about it too.

Seems like got myself cornered in another cash splash

Thanks a lot for info, really helped me out.

Jan 3, 2020 at 8:41 PM Post #1,356 of 3,340
I’m not against this but in case you have missed this previously, I have been fitted with hearing aids and one reason I never wear them is fitment issues, I think with just audio use and not conversational use I should be ok but my ears are strange I know this much. I can achieve great comfort but then I have weird pressure issues and have to lose some quality which I know is there. I get the quality and eventually have sore ears.

Going back to my audiologist is on the cards to explore my options for moulds for hearing aids but as things are currently I’ve been getting myself in a better mental state. I’ve had chronic depression and anxiety which has pretty much taken my last 5 years of my life and in the past 12 months I’ve made fantastic progress with lots of help from the professionals and this year is my new year new me which is not a New Years resolution it’s a new mantra.

Yeah, hence why I suggested the second option of making your own, of course I would try it on a cheap pair of headphones first to make sure to get the process right! There are tons of videos online on how to do this.

Jan 3, 2020 at 8:46 PM Post #1,357 of 3,340
Yeah, hence why I suggested the second option of making your own, of course I would try it on a cheap pair of headphones first to make sure to get the process right! There are tons of videos online on how to do this.

I appreciate the suggestion I really do. If I had custom moulds I definitely would like the custom IEM over the tip mould to be honest.

I just need to adjust how I’m using all my IEM’s. Getting frustrated trying different tips each day has made my ears sore which will make everything more irritable even though Aten are perfectly fine right now lol.

It’s more I’m a perfectionist unwilling to compromise on certain specifics which is causing my problems. I could just use foams and be content.

Jan 3, 2020 at 11:59 PM Post #1,359 of 3,340
Sounds like cayin would be a good choice. Unfortunately i need something more portable. I think i will just order dx220 to try out. Problem is i will not have a chance to try amp8 which seems to be more of what i would prefer. But alleat i will get a picture.

Maybe i dont even need anything other than wm1a. Another option is to invest in modding it. Heard good things about it too.

Seems like got myself cornered in another cash splash

Thanks a lot for info, really helped me out.

I tried the Lotoo Paw 6000 recently and it's a great sounding device with good portability. No amp switching though

Jan 4, 2020 at 12:12 AM Post #1,360 of 3,340
I tried the Lotoo Paw 6000 recently and it's a great sounding device with good portability. No amp switching though
No streaming right?
That’s a deal killer for me with Lotoo.

Jan 4, 2020 at 12:24 AM Post #1,362 of 3,340
No streaming right?
That’s a deal killer for me with Lotoo.

Unfortunately no.
Must admit I prefer streaming ability on my dap too

Jan 4, 2020 at 4:41 AM Post #1,363 of 3,340
After two weeks exclusively with the RAH I got back home, put on my LCD-2 and was... really disappointed :frowning2:

Jan 4, 2020 at 4:44 AM Post #1,364 of 3,340

At the risk of taking this even further off topic, perhaps some of those vented ciems might fit you better. Such as 64 audio, Inearz or the new acs ambient range? To get this back on topic perhaps Bob could introduce a model with adel type technology in the future?

Jan 4, 2020 at 7:04 AM Post #1,365 of 3,340
I am using Rah with Brise audio RH+, DX200, Mass kobo 385 amp and nordost odin 3.5 mini to mini.

The sound is nice
This is quite interesting. I just wonder will it bring something over wm1a soundwise.
Very sleek though.

Another problem, by the time it will be available in europe i will be Spending my money on Semper.

Getting dx220 tomorrow will see how much it is different.
Might aswell buy amp8 to see the difference but my balance cable is stuck somewhere in production.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back