IMR RAH - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Jan 3, 2020 at 7:04 PM Post #1,337 of 3,340
Amazon has a 30 day no questions asked policy and they deliver and collect all free.

It’s no problem returning something but if you become a habitual returner then your account gets marked maybe closed as an abuser.

If you are a good customer and return once or twice a year then you won’t have any issues.
well htey judge customer by how much money they spend on amazon then i am in luck. i ge like 10-15 delivieries a month lol.

i think i will go for it. just really dont like he diea of blind purchase. wm1a is a very good player but i wont calm down until i try ibasso out.

thanks for advise

Jan 3, 2020 at 7:06 PM Post #1,338 of 3,340
well htey judge customer by how much money they spend on amazon then i am in luck. i ge like 10-15 delivieries a month lol.

i think i will go for it. just really dont like he diea of blind purchase. wm1a is a very good player but i wont calm down until i try ibasso out.

thanks for advise

Absolutely go for it then if you buy so often and send so little back you really can’t lose.

Even if you buy from a seller you still have long distance regulations regarding returns.

Jan 3, 2020 at 7:07 PM Post #1,339 of 3,340
@MattSPL the Dx160 is a daily driver with the Rah for me. RAH is powered well with either 3.5mm or balanced. More than happy with it. I actually quite like the Mango player, but I also use PowerAmp, UAPpro as well as Tidal. It's quite a good dedicated MQA player. I'm quite happy to use it for video too with Kodi. Recently I have been downloading music videos through YouTube premium. Someone here recently posted a link to a Modern Jukebox video and have been going through downloading favourite performances ever since :) ....
Hmmm yes, love the Dx160

Thanks, sounds great. I’ll hopefully have it early next week.

Jan 3, 2020 at 7:23 PM Post #1,341 of 3,340
I can’t see me buying any further IMR this year if the chassis size is increasing bd of the Rah style.
It is super hard for me to achieve comfort for long hours listening sessions. The Aten and Zenith just fit perfectly for me. This is at odds with the almost unanimous majority of what I read in here where the Rah is the best fit and Zenith and Aten are worse. This has no reflection on the sound though which I stand by is perfect for me. I’m listening to Aten right now and they are so like rah yet so chilled out in comparison.

I don’t know if you read these Bob or even if you contribute but if it’s possible to achieve the Rah in a smaller chassis such as Aten that would be great. Maybe remove the piezoelectric ceramic and in its place have that 12mm planar.

So I have Zenith which I still love for their raw sound.

I have Aten which are super comfortable and are 90% of Rah.

I have Rah which I am still keeping and shall keep exploring tips and still enjoy the sound.

So maybe R2 Red and maybe another if the fitment changes.
I think I read somewhere that Bob does not frequent Head-fi. However from my personal experience he is very responsive to FB Messenger messages

Jan 3, 2020 at 7:31 PM Post #1,343 of 3,340
I think I read somewhere that Bob does not frequent Head-fi. However from my personal experience he is very responsive to FB Messenger messages

Well I’ve spoken by email last year and generally he was super fast.
I Facebook messaged him 2-3 days ago and still no reply.

I asked my questions on Facebook IMR on their respective product posts. Instant answer to one question. The other still no reply.

Bob is indeed fast responding in FB

Not always.

Jan 3, 2020 at 7:31 PM Post #1,344 of 3,340
So what is your next move? R2Red or await the next game changer?
I have big obsessive-compulsive tendencies that I’m battling. Used to be focussed on video games, they’re so cheap on the PC I’d buy bundles and stuff and never played them. It’s what self-deluding people call “collecting” :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Now my attention’s turned towards audio, a much more expensive hobby. I can’t well buy shiny new gear every week! So with the help of my wife, who’s not against spending for quality audio but hates to see me disappointed or regretful, I try to spend smart. Part of that is striving to move up instead of side-grading. Which means I know I won’t be getting the RED, however tempting @jon parker is making them sound, since Bob himself describes them as a level below the Aten.

My eyes are fixed firmly on the Halcyon right now. “Firmly” - as in dog looking at a sausage firmly.

Jan 3, 2020 at 7:39 PM Post #1,346 of 3,340
My Rah shipped express... should be there monday or tuesday... excited!
hehe, I have a feeling you may become a fixture around the IMR threads... Bob likes to experiment broadly and tinker finely and throw out exciting new stuff and rarities at a quick pace, which sounds a bit like how you seem to consume gear.
Looking forward to your impressions of this one anyway.

Jan 3, 2020 at 7:50 PM Post #1,347 of 3,340
I’m probably the guilty one and I’m really interested in which you like if you would like to and be willing to share some of your favourites.

Ah yes. Morgan James link was excellent. I have wasted a lot of time on Modern Jukebox recently haha... Many favourites.

Vocals from these two gals stood out for me.

Mario was fantastic :)

Jan 3, 2020 at 7:53 PM Post #1,348 of 3,340
anyone here owns cayin n6ii? if yes does it pair well with IMR iems?
quick answer is YES
After having these, I'm set with the N6ii and T01 module

DX220 with amp8
M11
M11Pro
R6
DX200
AK240

Jan 3, 2020 at 8:10 PM Post #1,349 of 3,340
Ah yes. Morgan James link was excellent. I have wasted a lot of time on Modern Jukebox recently haha... Many favourites.

Vocals from these two gals stood out for me.

Mario was fantastic :)

It truly is a great and all too easy rabbit hole to wander down, I still haven’t listened to everything, it’s never ending and the ones which I shared I truly love and never seem to grow tired of them.
You can also find them on the popular streaming sites I believe.

Creep is particularly good and mario is new to me so thanks.

Check out this channel too. She was one of the performers at PMJ
https://m.youtube.com/user/AdeleRobyn

Jan 3, 2020 at 8:10 PM Post #1,350 of 3,340
quick answer is YES
After having these, I'm set with the N6ii and T01 module

DX220 with amp8
M11
M11Pro
R6
DX200
AK240
thanks for answer. what about size in comparison to dx228? n6 seems to be quite chunky.

also soundwise m11pro and dx220. what do you think?

apologies fr off topic stuff just you seem the person to have tried so many daps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back