IMR RAH - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Feb 13, 2020 at 5:32 PM Post #2,011 of 3,340
Another thing i am going through now is tips. And i might have found whirlwind killer.
If anyone is up for some new tips try Horn Shaped tips. They open up even more and definately have better detail retrieval.
Would like to see someone else try it

Feb 13, 2020 at 5:38 PM Post #2,012 of 3,340
Another thing i am going through now is tips. And i might have found whirlwind killer.
If anyone is up for some new tips try Horn Shaped tips. They open up even more and definately have better detail retrieval.
Would like to see someone else try it

All of us using the Azla Sedna EarfitLights are already using horn tips. They sound great.

Unless you mean the outside is horn shaped? Like Radius Deep Mount eartips? https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B0756QMLKP/

Feb 13, 2020 at 5:47 PM Post #2,013 of 3,340
All of us using the Azla Sedna EarfitLights are already using horn tips. They sound great.

Unless you mean the outside is horn shaped? Like Radius Deep Mount eartips? https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B0756QMLKP/
I mean "Epro Horn Shaped tips". Not talking about shape haha
415NUlYkTEL._AC_.jpg

They are made of very thin and flexible material. They are extremely soft and comfy. And that airiness, i cant put whirlwinds on now. Not joking.

Just need to find out if they work outdoor in a noise.

Feb 13, 2020 at 5:51 PM Post #2,014 of 3,340
Oh, I have a pair of E-pros that came with my Noble Falcon truly wireless for their deep fitting nozzle.

Could pull it out of its box and see.

But the Azla Sedna EarfitLights do the same in theory.

Edit: Tried them. The deeper insert changed the bass profile to distort less. Voices are clearer. Treble definition/imaging is better. I think this is more from the deeper insertion. Sound is less V like.

These tips force me to wear the Rah with the cable around my ears. Can't wear them cable down.

I probably should try deeper inserting other tips to compare. Like ordering the Azla Sedna shorts.

Either way, the E-pros did a good job. I would suggest to use a smaller size than you would expect for a deeper insertion. I will keep them on.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2020 at 6:16 PM Post #2,015 of 3,340
I've been using the whirlwind tips this evening, forgot I had some.
Using the red lined ones. Medium fit me but have a bit of wiggle room, sound very good.
Large on the other hand are a tighter fit and the bass is very prominent, not in a bad way though.

As far as DAPs go the M15 is continuing to impress me, to my ears it's a step up from the DX220 although it also a step up in price. Not leaps and bounds better but better( to my ears that is).

I think in this range it becomes small personal preferences with DAPs.

The RAH sound sensational with M15

Feb 13, 2020 at 6:18 PM Post #2,016 of 3,340
Oh, I have a pair of E-pros that came with my Noble Falcon truly wireless for their deep fitting nozzle.

Azla arent even as airy as whirlwinds and this is even better believe me.

Whats interesting they are medium bore like azla and slightly longer. Nowhere near shallow fit, yet soundstage and detailing is best i had.
Aparently it is made of graphene and silicon composite material. They can make it really thin.

All i can say i do recommend to try it if feeling like getting new tips

Feb 13, 2020 at 6:27 PM Post #2,017 of 3,340
I've been using the whirlwind tips this evening, forgot I had some.
Using the red lined ones. Medium fit me but have a bit of wiggle room, sound very good.
Large on the other hand are a tighter fit and the bass is very prominent, not in a bad way though.

As far as DAPs go the M15 is continuing to impress me, to my ears it's a step up from the DX220 although it also a step up in price. Not leaps and bounds better but better( to my ears that is).

I think in this range it becomes small personal preferences with DAPs.

The RAH sound sensational with M15
Very interesting. You are the first person to say it comes near dx220. Let alot be better than dx220. Got me interested here. From all reviews i read it felt like fiio sq wasnt very "flagshipy"
I obviously have not heard m15 so cannot say that personally but you got me thrilled to hear it out as feature wise it looks decent dap. Do you own both?

Feb 13, 2020 at 6:34 PM Post #2,018 of 3,340
Very interesting. You are the first person to say it comes near dx220. Let alot be better than dx220. Got me interested here. From all reviews i read it felt like fiio sq wasnt very "flagshipy"
I obviously have not heard m15 so cannot say that personally but you got me thrilled to hear it out as feature wise it looks decent dap. Do you own both?

I think there are others in the Fiio M15 thread who feel it is a step up from the DX220, I know a couple commented on my post in the thread.

I owned the DX220 with Amp 9 for a period of time, I may have access to one soon to do a direct comparison but I took notes when comparing it my Black Label Idsd, I preferred the overall sound of idsd to the dx220.

Now with the M15 compared to my notes, memory and the Idsd (still own). The M15 is a bit more detailed than the Ibasso and with the sweetest mids I've yet heard from any source.

Feb 13, 2020 at 8:25 PM Post #2,019 of 3,340
Glad you're enjoying the m15 @McCol if it is a step up from the 220 then wow I need to hear that.

I looked at the m15 and followed the thread but the price was too high for me in the end. I like fiio daps and stuff in general and was interested to see what a proper company could do with an ak4499. There were only random chi fi's with it in until then.

Its crazy the quality of sources we have now compared to around 10 years ago. I used to walk around with an iriver h340 with a seperate dac and amp attached.

Feb 14, 2020 at 3:20 AM Post #2,020 of 3,340
I think there are others in the Fiio M15 thread who feel it is a step up from the DX220, I know a couple commented on my post in the thread.

I owned the DX220 with Amp 9 for a period of time, I may have access to one soon to do a direct comparison but I took notes when comparing it my Black Label Idsd, I preferred the overall sound of idsd to the dx220.

Now with the M15 compared to my notes, memory and the Idsd (still own). The M15 is a bit more detailed than the Ibasso and with the sweetest mids I've yet heard from any source.
I must have read too little about it. Sort of made me think that lotoo 6000 will steal this year show.
Dx220 is a year old now and cheaper so i was surprised that some people said it is better. Stock at least. Moded is another story but then that goes to any dap.

I am just wandering what is Sony preparing being so quiet... 507 surely is just a start.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2020 at 6:20 AM Post #2,021 of 3,340

Edit: Tried them. The deeper insert changed the bass profile to distort less. Voices are clearer. Treble definition/imaging is better. I think this is more from the deeper insertion. Sound is less V like.

These tips force me to wear the Rah with the cable around my ears. Can't wear them cable down.

I probably should try deeper inserting other tips to compare. Like ordering the Azla Sedna shorts.

Either way, the E-pros did a good job. I would suggest to use a smaller size than you would expect for a deeper insertion. I will keep them on.
I have most of most popular tips; Sedna (both long and short), Marshmallows, Whirlwinds, Dekoni Audio, Spiral Dots, the list goes on.
And one thing was a fact that wide bore and shallow fit will always increase sound stage and make airy.

So interestingly Horned Tips breaks all those rules. As you see they are nowhere near shallow fit. They are actualy pushing Rahs out of my ear a bit because of length. They are also just about mid-width bore. Similar like sedna but theh feel like there is notheing in your ear. Sound just flies around. And too make it more interesting bass is not recessed to abyss it is just where it needs to be.

I find them to work well with Rah. And isolation is no worse then whirlswinds or spiral dots.
So now my to 3 looks like this;
1. Horned Tips
2. Whirlwinds
3. Spiral Dots

As for short sedna vs regular. See below maybe that will help;
20200108_195411.jpg20200108_200025.jpg
Bore seems same leghts so dont know if you will get a deeper fit. Maybe?

Feb 14, 2020 at 6:46 AM Post #2,022 of 3,340
I have most of most popular tips; Sedna (both long and short), Marshmallows, Whirlwinds, Dekoni Audio, Spiral Dots, the list goes on.
And one thing was a fact that wide bore and shallow fit will always increase sound stage and make airy.

So interestingly Horned Tips breaks all those rules. As you see they are nowhere near shallow fit. They are actualy pushing Rahs out of my ear a bit because of length. They are also just about mid-width bore. Similar like sedna but theh feel like there is notheing in your ear. Sound just flies around. And too make it more interesting bass is not recessed to abyss it is just where it needs to be.

I find them to work well with Rah. And isolation is no worse then whirlswinds or spiral dots.
So now my to 3 looks like this;
1. Horned Tips
2. Whirlwinds
3. Spiral Dots

As for short sedna vs regular. See below maybe that will help;
20200108_195411.jpg20200108_200025.jpg
Bore seems same leghts so dont know if you will get a deeper fit. Maybe?

This horned tips looks similar like acoustune aet08 tips.
images.jpeg

Feb 14, 2020 at 7:10 AM Post #2,023 of 3,340
This horned tips looks similar like acoustune aet08 tips.
I have aet08. Shape is a bit didferent. Horned Tips are more cylindircal, elongated.
And they definately sound different.
Aet08 sound more conjested in comparison and bass is more forward. Detail is decent but nowhere near Horned Tips. If anything some might find horned tips too bright even.

I remeber some said Rah lack treble long ago. Those tips might help

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2020 at 7:28 AM Post #2,024 of 3,340
I have aet08. Shape is a bit didferent. Horned Tips are more cylindircal, elongated.
And they definately sound different.
Aet08 sound more conjested in comparison and bass is more forward. Detail is decent but nowhere near Horned Tips. If anything some might find horned tips too bright even.

I remeber some said Rah lack treble long ago. Those tips might help

got me intrigued. I'll try to find them in amazon

Feb 14, 2020 at 8:35 AM Post #2,025 of 3,340
got me intrigued. I'll try to find them in amazon
This seems to be a set of Epro horn-shaped tips. Again I’ll let @Skullar confirm. They ship to France but do they ship to Jakarta?
You’re costing me a lot in tips Skullar :smile:

I’ve also found the Adla Sedna, but only the Earfitlight, here. The regular ones don’t ship to France and are priced wrong. What’s the difference between both and which do you guys advise?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back