IMR R3 Halcyon, R3 Phase, R3 Semper - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Jul 27, 2020 at 2:11 PM Post #451 of 948
Does anybody have any info on how many Sempers will be made?

Still in my basket (more attractive with discount).....must resist.
THIS IS A EXCLUSIVE SPECIAL BUILD LIMITED TO 99 UNITS .

Jul 27, 2020 at 2:31 PM Post #452 of 948
Just placed order for both Mia and Semper... Still waiting for my PB1 to arrive (got stuck in Miami USPS for more than a week). For about the same price I paid for my EE Legend X, I got/will get 4 IMRs - Rah, PB1, Mia, and Semper. That's a fantastic value in my book, especially considering ever since I've got the Rah, the EE LX had stayed in its box 90% of the time...

Jul 27, 2020 at 2:37 PM Post #453 of 948
Jul 27, 2020 at 2:39 PM Post #454 of 948
And ordered, no willpower to resist!

Jul 27, 2020 at 2:45 PM Post #455 of 948
Jul 27, 2020 at 3:02 PM Post #458 of 948
Just placed order for both Mia and Semper... Still waiting for my PB1 to arrive (got stuck in Miami USPS for more than a week). For about the same price I paid for my EE Legend X, I got/will get 4 IMRs - Rah, PB1, Mia, and Semper. That's a fantastic value in my book, especially considering ever since I've got the Rah, the EE LX had stayed in its box 90% of the time...
Took my PB1 24 days from arrival in Miami to start moving (today). I hope yours are not stuck in Miami as long.

Jul 27, 2020 at 4:31 PM Post #460 of 948
From IMR’s new website:
“IMR does not create flat frequency response in-ear monitors because apart from the fact it sounds horrible and boring its is NEVER how it was recorded. Bass is meant to be dynamic, rich and present when the track presents it while constantly bringing the midrange to the front and presenting treble in a precise and non fatiguing manner.”
lol
Take that flat-graphers

Jul 27, 2020 at 4:43 PM Post #461 of 948
I've never bought IMRs, and the discount policy sounds... unique.

The tech in Semper sounds enticing, especially at that price. Upcoming Empire Ears Odin is out of my budget, but I might be able to stretch to Semper.

But if I buy them at full price and don't like them and wanted to sell them, I'd be having to compete with people who got theirs at a whopping 50% discount. This sounds like a huge risk to take on a limited run product with no reviews out, especially with the deep discounts available to those who know the secret handshake 🤔

Jul 27, 2020 at 4:53 PM Post #462 of 948
Thanks for the heads-up! Guess I'll have to refrain myself from checking the USPS tracking page daily and just sit back and enjoy the Rah...
I had filed a report with the USPS a week ago, and their response was that items held in customs could take up to 3 months to clear... unbelievable...

Jul 27, 2020 at 4:54 PM Post #463 of 948
I've never bought IMRs, and the discount policy sounds... unique.

The tech in Semper sounds enticing, especially at that price. Upcoming Empire Ears Odin is out of my budget, but I might be able to stretch to Semper.

But if I buy them at full price and don't like them and wanted to sell them, I'd be having to compete with people who got theirs at a whopping 50% discount. This sounds like a huge risk to take on a limited run product with no reviews out, especially with the deep discounts available to those who know the secret handshake 🤔

Well existing customers get the code to discount. So if one was a customer one could purchase from IMR 2 models of IEM for less than the full price of the Semper. So whilst there is no secret handshake that is the secret handshake. Become a customer.

I doubt there will ever be a release that has reviews. After multiple purchases I have learnt what is written for the product description is pretty much what you receive and I’m comfortable blind buying.

Jul 27, 2020 at 5:17 PM Post #464 of 948
Still debating whether or not to order the Opus Mia since I already have Halcyon. I've just emailed Bob to ask about the differences between the two (tuning/signature, or just chassis?).

I'd be very interested to know this.

Mate, just go for it. The quicker they sell out the better for me...

In that pic they do look massive. They still look comfy though.

I'm hoping they would be like the cca ca16 which are big but fit nice & snug in the ear.

It looks perfect in that ear, I suspect that is the Opus Mia and the Semper is the same chassis, but whether the chassis size changes on the Semper like Rah and PB One I don’t know.

Total blind buying with only the types of drivers but not any size specs or anything. Living life on the edge.

These would be good things to know.

I have a friend who found IMR outside of Head fi who let me know he has ordered the Semper and used paypal credit if that helps anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back