IMR R3 Halcyon, R3 Phase, R3 Semper - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Jul 27, 2020 at 11:22 AM Post #436 of 948
Honestly if i havent bought cans just 2 days ago. I would have just gone and bought them.
But now i have desktop dac/amp on hunt too. For around £500

I can wiggle out from being strangled by my wife with 2 boxes delivered. But if i get 3rd box of any audio gear..
Well, my 6 wire iem cable is due to arrive soon and i have a bad feeling that she might use it to finish me off

Too funny but this box arrives the sometime in December so it’s fine you have my blessing to proceed. Maybe buy her something too maybe Opus Mia.

Jul 27, 2020 at 11:27 AM Post #438 of 948
I have the code but no way i am going to check how much is it. :dt880smile:
There is only one outcome for moves like this..
Do it, do it........:smiling_imp:

Jul 27, 2020 at 11:33 AM Post #439 of 948
How much would you pay? I think they are worth it and i purchased the Semper.
Happy for you!! For me it isn’t a matter of “worth” but a matter of how high I am willing to pay these days of economic uncertainty. I truly hope you enjoy the Semper!!

Jul 27, 2020 at 12:14 PM Post #441 of 948
Honestly if i havent bought cans just 2 days ago. I would have just gone and bought them.
But now i have desktop dac/amp on hunt too. For around £500

I can wiggle out from being strangled by my wife with 2 boxes delivered. But if i get 3rd box of any audio gear..
Well, my 6 wire iem cable is due to arrive soon and i have a bad feeling that she might use it to finish me off

What did you get?

I have the same limitations on gear with my gf but had got some space due to selling a few pairs this year. That was lost when everything I'd ordered from AE between December & March turned up at the same time with the stuff I bought in the summer sale.

At the moment she thinks that my dx220 is my old dx100 which helps.

Jul 27, 2020 at 12:17 PM Post #442 of 948
Just ordered the Semper.

Had come to terms with the fact that I wouldn't own it after I saw the price and tried the usual code which didn't work. But then got the email.

£600 was always my limit on these so to come in quite a bit under is a nice bonus.
Well, i was really shocked about the 1100 pounds at first. "No way you are going to buy them". Until i applied the discount code. With that it's around my limit for portable audio devices as well, so it looks like i will order them. Thanks Bob, for decimating my audio budget once again! hahaha

I really wanted to get a new AVR this year... looks like that will have to wait.
Right now they are way too expensive anyways, due to supply shortage. And honestly, Semper plus the Qudelix 5K sounds much better to my ears anyways :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2020 at 12:52 PM Post #443 of 948
Just received the EDP and Halcyon and Bob he's already tempting me with the Semper. I have the code but better wait a few more weeks, my wife may ask for divorce.

Jul 27, 2020 at 12:55 PM Post #444 of 948
T
I thought the same too, I’m sure something may change.

Have you seen this picture where it looks larger but that may or may not be Semper, opus Mia or both.

The shell looks smaller compared to Halcyon. The EDP it's perfect, I just did a quick listen with the stock tips and it sounds beautiful. I can even head banging.

Jul 27, 2020 at 1:33 PM Post #449 of 948
Does anybody have any info on how many Sempers will be made?

Still in my basket (more attractive with discount).....must resist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back