IMR R3 Halcyon, R3 Phase, R3 Semper - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Jul 27, 2020 at 5:38 PM Post #466 of 948
The Semper is the one we've all been waiting for since it was announced. Was that just after we heard the Rah?

I don't think there is anything else with this driver set up. Maybe some chi fi hybrids that would be much more of a leap of faith than anything Bob makes.

Think it was about a year ago that the Aten came out. It's been quite a ride since then.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2020 at 6:49 PM Post #467 of 948
I don’t know if these are to scale but if so how is the Semper so small based on the sizes of the Rah, PB One Halcyon and based on the Semper and Opus Mia using the same shell.

AB8C3D76-8718-45B9-B877-A9B2CEC619F0.jpeg

Jul 27, 2020 at 7:21 PM Post #468 of 948
I don’t know if these are to scale but if so how is the Semper so small based on the sizes of the Rah, PB One Halcyon and based on the Semper and Opus Mia using the same shell.

AB8C3D76-8718-45B9-B877-A9B2CEC619F0.jpeg

I do think the Semper looks quite a bit bigger & we can't see the depth but I still don't know how they are all fit in there. Wonder if it was possible in the round shells? I like the design tho.

Jul 27, 2020 at 7:40 PM Post #469 of 948
I do think the Semper looks quite a bit bigger & we can't see the depth but I still don't know how they are all fit in there. Wonder if it was possible in the round shells? I like the design tho.

Oh I absolutely love the design too as soon as I saw them I was sold and in black I just threw my money his way, the black on the PB One is super nice.

I too think it looks bigger and I’m happy for it. Much like yourself I also saw the CCA models before the release of the Semper thinking I would love a more ear form fitting larger version. Seriously hope they sell out real quick so we can get them sooner, this is going to be a huge struggle waiting for these to arrive. I propose the motion the first third of allocations ordered in the same way as Opus Mia should receive them starting shipping on August 10th. This actually could work as many people won’t order without reviews, so first so many allocations get them sooner and if you snooze or prefer reviews then you have to wait a little longer, everyone gets what they want and at this point I have complete faith in whatever tuning is received it will always be amazing.

Jul 27, 2020 at 8:00 PM Post #470 of 948
Oh I absolutely love the design too as soon as I saw them I was sold and in black I just threw my money his way, the black on the PB One is super nice.

I too think it looks bigger and I’m happy for it. Much like yourself I also saw the CCA models before the release of the Semper thinking I would love a more ear form fitting larger version. Seriously hope they sell out real quick so we can get them sooner, this is going to be a huge struggle waiting for these to arrive. I propose the motion the first third of allocations ordered in the same way as Opus Mia should receive them starting shipping on August 10th. This actually could work as many people won’t order without reviews, so first so many allocations get them sooner and if you snooze or prefer reviews then you have to wait a little longer, everyone gets what they want and at this point I have complete faith in whatever tuning is received it will always be amazing.

Nice I thought the gold one was the Semper but prefer the black.

That actually is a great idea to have a third sent when ready & then people who don't like blind leaps can get feedback before buying. I get the sense that the Semper wouldn't be ready for that early tho.

The CCA's are very good for the money. They fit me so snug I'm not sure if they would fit others as well altho I haven't seen fit issues in that thread. But if the new IMR's achieve the same kind of fit in the ear it works well & feels secure.

Jul 27, 2020 at 8:25 PM Post #473 of 948
I ordered the Semper is that the black one? Could you choose? I also like the PB1 in black a lot. Even if it didn't sound any better than the Rah I'd still be happy with it as I wanted a black Rah.

Yes that’s the Semper, he only choice was Semper or Opus Mia which decided the colour.

Oh that’s interesting about the Rah and PB One. I honestly don’t recall my Rah sounding like the PB One. My audio memory has them sounding similar but very different but again I can’t be 100% certain on the differences except that these are incredibly smooth which I never had with the Rah.

Jul 27, 2020 at 8:35 PM Post #474 of 948
Yes that’s the Semper, he only choice was Semper or Opus Mia which decided the colour.

Oh that’s interesting about the Rah and PB One. I honestly don’t recall my Rah sounding like the PB One. My audio memory has them sounding similar but very different but again I can’t be 100% certain on the differences except that these are incredibly smooth which I never had with the Rah.

I probably didn't word that well as I think the PB1 is better than the Rah.
I think it is a significant improvement in depth, texture & mids but can't say for sure as I sold the Rah.

Jul 27, 2020 at 8:41 PM Post #475 of 948
I think it is a significant improvement in depth, texture & mids but can't say for sure as I sold the Rah.

Ah gotcha. There has been moments where the singers were stood 8ft in front of me which was unexpected but very welcomed.

Jul 27, 2020 at 8:49 PM Post #478 of 948

PB1 smoothen the rawness of Rah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back