IMR R3 Halcyon, R3 Phase, R3 Semper - Discussion / Impressions Thread
Jul 28, 2020 at 11:15 AM Post #497 of 948
Should have bought IMR products ahead of release :ksc75smile:

What else have you got your eyes on?

EE Odin? Nio?

Haha didn’t realise the loyalty discounts would be that significant. :p

Yeah, Odin, Nio, Luna, Sultan and Thummim are on my radar now. Was mainly waiting for the Odin to make my final decision then this pops up. If I were to go for the Luna/Nio I’d probably be able to afford the Semper on top of that but I don’t want to own more than 2 IEMs. Anything more than that and I feel that it’s an absolute waste as I can’t dedicate enough time.

At the moment I’m just leaning toward the Thummim then quitting audio altogether lol.

Jul 28, 2020 at 11:33 AM Post #498 of 948

Yeah, Odin, Nio, Luna, Sultan and Thummim are on my radar now. Was mainly waiting for the Odin to make my final decision then this pops up. If I were to go for the Luna/Nio I’d probably be able to afford the Semper on top of that but I don’t want to own more than 2 IEMs. Anything more than that and I feel that it’s an absolute waste as I can’t dedicate enough time.

At the moment I’m just leaning toward the Thummim then quitting audio altogether lol.
Thummim looks insane one thing for sure. But id rather get Semper and Odin for its price :ksc75smile:

Edit; oh yes Sultan should be interesting too. Guts are saying Odin And Sultan are going to be similar sound sig

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2020 at 1:51 PM Post #500 of 948
Haha I can’t afford those 2 together, Nio and Semper or Luna and Semper yes.
Thummim is 4.5k. im sure Semper and Odin will total similar. doubt odin will go higher than 3k.

but anyways enough derailing the thread. Back to Semper hype train!!

i wonder what will Aten drive gen 5 will bring to the table. with more drivers to cover upper FR im sure its DD can reach TOTL subbass extension levels. and same could be expected from piezo on treble side.

Jul 28, 2020 at 4:42 PM Post #501 of 948
What filter combo are folks using on the Halcyon?
Just curious

Jul 28, 2020 at 4:46 PM Post #502 of 948
Thummim is 4.5k. im sure Semper and Odin will total similar. doubt odin will go higher than 3k.

but anyways enough derailing the thread. Back to Semper hype train!!

i wonder what will Aten drive gen 5 will bring to the table. with more drivers to cover upper FR im sure its DD can reach TOTL subbass extension levels. and same could be expected from piezo on treble side.

I am hoping that too.

I'm wondering what the previous 4 gens were in. Does the red count as a gen?

I'm thinking the Rah & PB1 could have different gen Aten drivers. The difference seems more than the bigger planar.

Jul 28, 2020 at 4:51 PM Post #503 of 948
Just curious

I tried silver/ blue, grey/ blue & black/ blue yesterday & ended up on black/ blue.

I liked silver/ blue a lot especially in the mids & highs - very holo - but felt I missed some pound so black/ blue seemed the best of everything.
I'm sure a lot of the holo effect is covered by too much bass so may go back to silver/ blue but this combo had enough punch & nice highs.

Jul 28, 2020 at 5:02 PM Post #504 of 948
I'm thinking the Rah & PB1 could have different gen Aten drivers. The difference seems more than the bigger planar.

Confirmed

78D5177F-C4ED-4732-B259-B3F6A80EEBF7.png

Jul 28, 2020 at 5:24 PM Post #505 of 948
Just curious

I'm on purple/blue, powerful yet controlled bass, clear and detailed mids/highs IMHO.

Jul 28, 2020 at 5:44 PM Post #506 of 948
I am hoping that too.

I'm wondering what the previous 4 gens were in. Does the red count as a gen?

Well. Aten DD should have started from Aten so it only could have been 4 if you count red.
There is also a chance that he developed some gens that were not used in end products.
Maybe Phase was counted to have one of them as it was unique configuration.

Jul 28, 2020 at 5:55 PM Post #507 of 948
Well. Aten DD should have started from Aten so it only could have been 4 if you count red.
There is also a chance that he developed some gens that were not used in end products.
Maybe Phase was counted to have one of them as it was unique configuration.

It would seem to go
Aten
Red
Rah
PB One/Halcyon

So Semper and Opus Mia are fifth generation and Aten used as a descriptor to say what driver it is, is not saying the specific driver in the Aten, more of a descriptor to say composite beryllium and ceramic piezo.

Jul 28, 2020 at 6:03 PM Post #508 of 948

if B-stock counts towards getting you “loyalty” status. It might be worth your time to purchase the Red for kicking around and then get the discount for the new realeases.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2020 at 6:09 PM Post #510 of 948
It would seem to go
Aten
Red
Rah
PB One/Halcyon

So Semper and Opus Mia are fifth generation and Aten used as a descriptor to say what driver it is, is not saying the specific driver in the Aten, more of a descriptor to say composite beryllium and ceramic piezo.
Yeh we got that but it just seems like red should be more of a side grade no?

Well whichever way we know that Bob did something to it before putting into new iems. Meaning there will be improvement.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back