IMR R2 Aten Thread
Sep 8, 2019 at 2:57 AM Post #811 of 1,305
I own the zeniths and pre ordered the rah. Should I get these or now try cl2 or Roland's. Not sure!

Sep 9, 2019 at 3:49 AM Post #813 of 1,305
1-Main Pic.jpg
IMR R2 full review by Porta.Fi

English: https://porta.fi/imr-r2-aten-review-weight-addition/
Russian: https://porta.fi/ru/obzor-naushnikov-imr-r2-aten-teper-s-dobavkoj-vesa/

Sep 9, 2019 at 5:56 AM Post #814 of 1,305
Sep 13, 2019 at 7:51 PM Post #818 of 1,305

OMG! Default black/black set up is already awesome...
Wait until you experiment with the base and filters, that plus once the set have burned in for a few (100hrs+)

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2019 at 5:43 PM Post #819 of 1,305
I bought the R2 also!
Sadly too late for the RAH Party..

Have the Campfire Audio Vega second hand on the way too, but maybe the R2 are better (value)

And if Bob makes CIEM, wow.. that might be my Endgame.
I love my CustomArt Ei.XX CIEMs, but they could need maybe a tiny bit more bass, so I dont need bassBoost EQ anymore.

im excited!

Sep 14, 2019 at 5:44 PM Post #820 of 1,305
I bought the R2 also!
Sadly too late for the RAH Party..

Have the Campfire Audio Vega second hand on the way too, but maybe the R2 are better (value)

And if Bob makes CIEM, wow.. that might be my Endgame.
I love my CustomArt Ei.XX CIEMs, but they could need maybe a tiny bit more bass, so I dont need bassBoost EQ anymore.

im excited!
If you want a set of Rahs email Bob. As an existing customer he might well sort you out.

Sep 14, 2019 at 5:52 PM Post #821 of 1,305
If you want a set of Rahs email Bob. As an existing customer he might well sort you out.
Im not really sure about that. If I CAN get a hand on the RAH, I might aswell return the R2. I dont think that I will need both

Sep 15, 2019 at 1:28 PM Post #823 of 1,305
could someone post pictures of them worn in maybe 1-2 angles?
How do these look?

Sep 16, 2019 at 9:32 PM Post #824 of 1,305
Would some body tell me on the bass filters from the most bass to the least bass by colors. ?

Would somebody tell me on small filters from most treble to the least treble by color/

I love my Aten's after I burned them in for 120 hours and black and black filter was too much bass for me so I am using red on bass filer and green on the top filter and the sound is amazing.

I can't wait to see what Bob will due with the my Rah's .

I am am bass head since I own Fearless S8F's and Sony's EX800St's with that large DD .

HBB doesn't know what he is missing with Bob's magic.

Sep 16, 2019 at 9:54 PM Post #825 of 1,305
Would some body tell me on the bass filters from the most bass to the least bass by colors. ?

Would somebody tell me on small filters from most treble to the least treble by color/

I love my Aten's after I burned them in for 120 hours and black and black filter was too much bass for me so I am using red on bass filer and green on the top filter and the sound is amazing.

I can't wait to see what Bob will due with the my Rah's .

I am am bass head since I own Fearless S8F's and Sony's EX800St's with that large DD .

HBB doesn't know what he is missing with Bob's magic.
Check the product page on the IMR website for infos on the filters. For the lower stage: Black > Gold > Red > Pink > Green
Treble can't be categorized into most or least, you best test them out yourself and use whatever sounds best.
It might be a bit tedious at some point, but definitely worth it.

For suggestions on what filter combinations fit which genre read through this thread, there have been tons of impressions already.

Well, the Rah's will be amazing, i can't imagine them in another way. The only thing i fear is that the incredible stage and seperation of the Aten's will get lost due to the closed back design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back