IMR R2 Aten Thread
Aug 5, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #256 of 1,305
4513C6A1-B1E8-4EBE-BE96-B11EFA4C8693.jpeg Got mine today. Nice and baddy lots of soundstage. Smooth treble. I like

Aug 5, 2019 at 4:14 PM Post #259 of 1,305
I don’t get these filters though
A little fiddly to use, but quite straight forward actually. Just chose from the bigger main filters and the smaller Filter nozzles, scew them together and onto each IEM. More Info about the sound signatures can be found earlier in this thread or on the product Page on the IMR website. The short version: Main filter for bass (Black > Gold > Red > Pink > Green), nozzle for treble.

Aug 5, 2019 at 4:22 PM Post #261 of 1,305
So about filters. The diameter is all the same for the base and the nozzle part. The base part differs by a tiny vent hole on the side ( different diameter holes on a few filters ), black base has no hole, gold base has no hole and has a filter mesh inside.
As for the nozzles : they all seem to have the same metal mesh cover, all of them have damper material inside EXCEPT for the blue one.
My current set up is R1+black filer, R2+black base/blue nozzle.
I dont want to use any dampers, and i migh try other bases with holes in them later.
The R2 also seem to be lighter than the R1. The dimensions are the same, except the nozzle on R2 is 1mm longer due to 2 part design.
IMG_20190805_161012.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2019 at 4:54 PM Post #262 of 1,305
If in doubt just contact Bob via Facebook. You should get an answer in less than one hour.
ok it's active now
So about filters. The diameter is all the same for the base and the nozzle part. The base part differs by a tiny vent hole on the side ( different diameter holes on a few filters ), black base has no hole, gold base has no hole and has a filter mesh inside.
As for the nozzles : they all seem to have the same metal mesh cover, all of them have damper material inside EXCEPT for the blue one.
My current set up is R1+black filer, R2+black base/blue nozzle.
I dont want to use any dampers, and i migh try other bases with holes in them later.
The R2 also seem to be lighter than the R1. The dimensions are the same, except the nozzle on R2 is 1mm longer due to 2 part design.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2019 at 5:26 PM Post #269 of 1,305
Mine have over 100 hours on them now and they continue to improve. I think these are a fairly considerable improvement over the Zs. For me at least anyway.
I'm very encouraged by these reports. Even as the hours and days have gone on, the tone of comments is getting more positive, much like apparent effect of burn in on them. But may I now ask again, what about the isolation? I LOVE sealing out the outside. What say you about that? please?

Aug 5, 2019 at 5:27 PM Post #270 of 1,305
I'm very encouraged by these reports. Even as the hours and days have gone on, the tone of comments is getting more positive, much like apparent effect of burn in on them. But may I now ask again, what about the isolation? I LOVE sealing out the outside. What say you about that? please?
About the same as the Zenith. They have large drivers blocking noise out and keeping noise in. Nobody at work has complained so all good I would say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back