IMR R2 Aten Thread
Apr 16, 2020 at 2:58 AM Post #1,006 of 1,305
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I've read on the earbuds forum this morning the terrible news that hungry panda has passed away from covid 19 virus complications. RIP
May he Rest In Peace... such a hell we are going through...
His signature made noise to me, during this hard times

Apr 23, 2020 at 9:55 AM Post #1,010 of 1,305
Apr 24, 2020 at 4:05 AM Post #1,011 of 1,305
friend, in your opinion, which do you prefer, ATEN or RED?

I keep it simple: as it's really hard for me to decide, I have both :)
But in general, I'd probably suggest a following way of selection. If you need IEMs mainly for the street wearing during the commute, go for RED.
If your main scenario is listening at home (or some other "calm" environment) — take Aten.
BUT THAT'S JUST IMHO

Also, if you're sensitive to treble, Red is a bit more "safe" choice

Apr 24, 2020 at 8:46 AM Post #1,013 of 1,305
[QUOTE = "chechu21, publicación: 15575933, miembro: 497023"]
¡Hola!
¿Alguien usa spinfits de doble brida en el Aten? ¿Podría decirme cuál es el modelo más adecuado para ellos?
¡Gracias!
[/ CITAR]

Hi, spiral dot is the best choice

May 5, 2020 at 5:42 PM Post #1,015 of 1,305
Does anyone have experience comparing IMR iems to the FLC8s? I'm looking for an upgrade from the 8s and so far it's looking like either one of these IMR products, the LZ A6, the Toneking T88k, or the FiiO FH7. Honestly, I don't know much about sound signatures per se...only that I love the FLC8s on the Red grey, Gunmetal tunning and I'd like something that sounds like that, but better haha. Thanks!

May 9, 2020 at 2:43 PM Post #1,017 of 1,305
been wanting a set of imr's for a few months now and just purchased a pair from ebay at a bargain price
The Aten remain the perfect baseline to determine whether you are in tune with the IMR signature. The Rah sound more refined but the Aten are more in your face and let you experience the unadulterated bliss of the mighty 15mm dynamic driver.

As an aside the Aten are a dream iem for gaming. I plugged them into my desktop rig the other day and started the campaign of the latest Call of Duty (don’t judge me! I also launched A Short Hike, Oxenfree, The Phantom Doctrine, Sunless Seas and Black Closet the last couple of months).
The open-back construction, pinpoint placement and aggressive tuning have most full-size headphones dead to rights - not to mention the lamentable procession of gaming gear, although those have improved in recent years.

May 9, 2020 at 2:49 PM Post #1,018 of 1,305
The Aten remain the perfect baseline to determine whether you are in tune with the IMR signature. The Rah sound more refined but the Aten are more in your face and let you experience the unadulterated bliss of the mighty 15mm dynamic driver.

As an aside the Aten are a dream iem for gaming. I plugged them into my desktop rig the other day and started the campaign of the latest Call of Duty (don’t judge me! I also launched A Short Hike, Oxenfree, The Phantom Doctrine, Sunless Seas and Black Closet the last couple of months).
The open-back construction, pinpoint placement and aggressive tuning have most full-size headphones dead to rights - not to mention the lamentable procession of gaming gear, although those have improved in recent years.
awesome cant wait to test them out, it was the aten's i bought also

May 17, 2020 at 12:28 PM Post #1,020 of 1,305
Don’t know if I’m late for this but remember to clean your cable terminals (2 pins and plugs). I was asking dunu about rewiring or resoldering a cable I own from them (lyre 2 pins) since it’s my favorite cable, the sound wasn’t crisp anymore and I was super annoyed cause I could tell by switching cables that the sound was muffled. Today while taking out my cable i thought about cleaning the terminals... maaaaaaaaan, sound is back and present, the aten cable is amazing but I love to just switch terminations and keep with my headphones on while on home (I use 2.5 for my hilidac to walk out the dogs, 3.5 for my ps4, 4.4 for my wm1a or hiby r6pro and so on) just clean the terminals with rubbing alcohol and let them spark again, as well I did a through cleaning to my r1z, the piezo piece was full of dust, they are my everyday headphones so i was expecting some grim, no ear wax, just dust, I clean em up with a qtip and some rubbing alcohol; for a couple of days they were a bit harsh on the treble (I actually mailed bob, he asked me to burn them in for a couple of days) they are back to normal and well, it’s just something I think I should schedule to do. Out of all
My collection, my imr’s are my most used iems, it sound signature is my preferred and the ability to switch filters just makes the whole experience better for me since I love tweaking stuff. Just my 2cents

Users who are viewing this thread

Back