IMR R2 Aten Thread
Dec 4, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #961 of 1,305
Dont they realise dalai lama is not coming?

Nahhh, those people are far too 'Spiritual' to have anything like an actual practice :)

Dec 4, 2019 at 4:01 PM Post #963 of 1,305
I could quite happily punch some of those people in the face :D

What's wrong with you? What about I happily punch you in the face mate? :)

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2019 at 4:58 PM Post #964 of 1,305
What's wrong with you? What about I happily punch you in the face mate? :)

:D Nothing - its just the glazed drug induced 'I am SO spiritual' look & clothing that slightly annoys me. If they are happy though then more power to their elbows

Dec 5, 2019 at 1:44 AM Post #965 of 1,305
I like your enthusiasm but there is no way you can mention the R1 in the same breath as the Atlas LOL

What I had said was it had been mentioned in comparison to the Atlas so that at least got me interested. The debate about which is better is another discussion never compared the 2 side by side as I don't own the R1's but within my acceptable budget, R2 Arten's will do for me

ATEN not ARTEN

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2019 at 7:34 AM Post #966 of 1,305
I like your enthusiasm but there is no way you can mention the R1 in the same breath as the Atlas LOL
Have you auditioned/owned both Atlas and one of IMR iems?
I understand the R1 or R1Z( dont have R2) cant compare in resolution clarity specialy in higher FR. But how about sub bass? specially quantity. I have both Atlas and Rah coming and am really curious. Can atlas shoot past 15mm drive?
Does drive size even matter?

Dec 5, 2019 at 8:36 AM Post #967 of 1,305
I just got the Atlas and have the Zenith and R2. The rah is coming someday. I think that the atlas is like the bass of r2 with not as hot of a zenith treble. I like the form factor a lot but it’s not that different from these two and to be honest I’m not sure it was worth it even at the al0 b stock discount. It ya that sometimes too much bass feel as the r2. More to come

Dec 5, 2019 at 9:02 AM Post #968 of 1,305
I just got the Atlas and have the Zenith and R2. The rah is coming someday. I think that the atlas is like the bass of r2 with not as hot of a zenith treble. I like the form factor a lot but it’s not that different from these two and to be honest I’m not sure it was worth it even at the al0 b stock discount. It ya that sometimes too much bass feel as the r2. More to come
Exactly the info i wanted to hear. As i said in other threads, IMR has a good chance to top Atlas with Rah, if they manage to sort the upper end with its planar drive.

Cant wait to get both and see those muscles.
My wm1a is waiting to be plugged with legs wide open.

Dec 7, 2019 at 5:43 AM Post #969 of 1,305
What filter/nozzle combo are others using? I'm fluctuating between red base/red nozzle & red base/green nozzle - think I will stick with red/red, it sounds smoother to me out of my Mojo & my V30.

I've yet to properly burn them in with pink & sines (they have only 10-20 hours of music listening) but I love the sound already, I can't find one aspect where the R1Z is better.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2019 at 6:26 AM Post #970 of 1,305
What filter/nozzle combo are others using? I'm fluctuating between red base/red nozzle & red base/green nozzle - think I will stick with red/red, it sounds smoother to me out of my Mojo & my V30.

I've yet to properly burn them in with pink & sines (they have only 10-20 hours of music listening) but I love the sound already, I can't find one aspect where the R1Z is better.
Black base blue nozzle. I find the Aten a revalation compared to the 1Z, which I didn't like at all for most genres. It's now my daily driver.

Dec 8, 2019 at 10:42 AM Post #971 of 1,305

Currently sporting the Red base and Blue tip. But there was just too much “sizzle” in the treble until I put on Symbio tips. Their slightly narrow bore make all the difference to me now.

Dec 8, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #972 of 1,305
Currently sporting the Red base and Blue tip. But there was just too much “sizzle” in the treble until I put on Symbio tips. Their slightly narrow bore make all the difference to me now.
The Symbio tips damper the dynamics a little bit I think. I loved them on the R1, initially thought they were great with the Aten, but I think I prefer the stock silicones (in spite of a vacuum effect when I get proper seal).

Dec 8, 2019 at 11:21 AM Post #973 of 1,305
The Symbio tips damper the dynamics a little bit I think. I loved them on the R1, initially thought they were great with the Aten, but I think I prefer the stock silicones (in spite of a vacuum effect when I get proper seal).
I will have to go back and try those, it has been a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back