Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 11, 2022 at 3:34 PM Post #6,376 of 18,159
I only ordered the ace because it had planar ( i love my planar iems)

But now looking at whats available at imr
Looks like 70% of the iems have planar 🤣

Most look like that have a dd, planar and bone conductor or est

Prob different versions of the dd and planar tho
Im guessing the edp ace wont have the best of the best ne new dd and planar

But should still sound good for the price
Going off the subject of classics I have never had such anticipation as iv got with Ace and I'm pretty nervous for Bob!
IV been with Bob/IMR from the start with the R1 and i haven't seen so much hype as Ace, there are so many new customers that ordered Ace pretty much due to the hype IMR monitors get on this thread!
I know i shouldn't have anything to worry about Bob always knocks it out thec park but, due to all the hype/me included im just keeping my fingers crossed Bob nails it once again?

May 11, 2022 at 4:03 PM Post #6,377 of 18,159
@Shadowelite Bob uses 2 different Dynamic Driver's The Aten & The CNT A.D.L.C
2 different Planar's a 12mm & 10mm and the EST are all the same by Sonion.
I'm not sure if the Planar's are exactly the same but different sizes's?
What I do know about Ace is it has the CNT A.D.L.C Dynamic, 10mm Planar and the new Sonion Bone Conduction.
The thing with Bob's creation's is money or driver count doesn't mean better! Some people say the OG EDP is one of the best Bob's made!
I think the ONLY issue i might have with Ace is bass "quantity"? Quality will be great i have no worries there but, as a huge basshead I'm keeping my fingers crossed in Open Port,Black&Black i will get enough bass to keep me happy 😁

May 11, 2022 at 4:13 PM Post #6,378 of 18,159
@Shadowelite Bob uses 2 different Dynamic Driver's The Aten & The CNT A.D.L.C
2 different Planar's a 12mm & 10mm and the EST are all the same by Sonion.
I'm not sure if the Planar's are exactly the same but different sizes's?
What I do know about Ace is it has the CNT A.D.L.C Dynamic, 10mm Planar and the new Sonion Bone Conduction.
The thing with Bob's creation's is money or driver count doesn't mean better! Some people say the OG EDP is one of the best Bob's made!
I think the ONLY issue i might have with Ace is bass "quantity"? Quality will be great i have no worries there but, as a huge basshead I'm keeping my fingers crossed in Open Port,Black&Black i will get enough bass to keep me happy 😁
Thats what the dd is there for
Also the original EDP had 9mm dd i think? And now its 10mm , correct just checked

I got a lovely iem that has 10mm dd and 10’mm planar And bass is amazing the rest is meh
Good for edm tho

What i would love to c is
8mm mm dd for bass only
14.8mm planar for mids and highs ( same planar form 7hz)
2 est’s for highs
Maybe a bc ?????
Not sure if it does anything special in my avalon but will c when the edp ace arrives
That be nice

Last edited:
May 11, 2022 at 4:30 PM Post #6,379 of 18,159
Thats what the dd is there for
Also the original EDP had 9mm dd i think? And now its 10mm , correct just checked

I got a lovely iem that has 10mm dd and 10’mm planar And bass is amazing the rest is meh
Good for edm tho

What i would love to c is
8mm mm dd for bass only
14.8mm planar for mids and highs ( same planar form 7hz)
2 est’s for highs
Maybe a bc ?????
Not sure if it does anything special in my avalon but will c when the edp ace arrives
That be nice
Yes your right about the og EDP. having a 9mm I forgot about that one! It was actually a Titanium DD!
Yes your dream iem sounds good, it's not much different to the Semper actually, maybe you could look into that now it's available for pre-orders? It's pretty much what you described but the Planar is 12mm & DD 10mm I think? The only problem I have with Semper is size & shape! I can only use my Opus Mia when not moving lol 😜

May 12, 2022 at 9:41 AM Post #6,380 of 18,159
May 12, 2022 at 10:26 AM Post #6,381 of 18,159
Y'all think the 2-pin here would have to be modified to work with IMR?

https://penonaudio.com/penon-os133.html
Just got this cable but mmcx to go with my Sony xba-N3 it's a really nice little cable. Quite transparent neutral sound with a bit of a boost at each end. There is one issue that could potentially be quite big? The chin-slide is absolutely useless! The hole is huge and just slips up & down the cable! So if a chin-slide is important for you defiantly give it a big miss!
Sorry couldnt help with your anittial question just thought I'd give you my findings sound & function wise👍

May 12, 2022 at 10:34 AM Post #6,382 of 18,159
@Dsnuts gave these cables a good review. Pretty good value with current discounts. I wouldn’t know if they have to be modified for IMR either.

Last edited:
May 12, 2022 at 10:38 AM Post #6,383 of 18,159
@Dsnuts gave these cables a good review. Pretty good value with current discounts. I wouldn’t know if they have to be modified for IMR either.
Have you ever seen him NOT give something a good review?

May 12, 2022 at 10:40 AM Post #6,384 of 18,159
Have you ever seen him NOT give something a good review?
I have not but his recommendations have worked out for me so far.

May 12, 2022 at 10:52 AM Post #6,385 of 18,159
Just got this cable but mmcx to go with my Sony xba-N3 it's a really nice little cable. Quite transparent neutral sound with a bit of a boost at each end. There is one issue that could potentially be quite big? The chin-slide is absolutely useless! The hole is huge and just slips up & down the cable! So if a chin-slide is important for you defiantly give it a big miss!
Sorry couldnt help with your anittial question just thought I'd give you my findings sound & function wise👍
Thanks. I have some tricks to make the chin slide work ...

May 12, 2022 at 11:02 AM Post #6,386 of 18,159
May 12, 2022 at 11:24 AM Post #6,387 of 18,159
May 12, 2022 at 11:40 AM Post #6,388 of 18,159
Talked to Bob about the whole polarity thing

You all can chill, polarity order on imr sockets are the regular standard; as any other headphone, no IMR headphone has inverted polarity out of the standard. So leave the hair dryers and sockets alone, we can keep going with life as usual

There was a product 4 or 5 years ago which he did (I bet it was the zenith or r1) but since then, all comes in regular order. If anything feels fuzzy, you can invert the cable and check, if there's something wrong you can turn the socket opening the shell or sending it for repair with him.

Last edited:
May 12, 2022 at 12:13 PM Post #6,389 of 18,159
Thanks. I have some tricks to make the chin slide work ...
No probs your welcome and please share your tricks & tips for sorting out the chin-slide it would be a great help👍

May 12, 2022 at 12:20 PM Post #6,390 of 18,159
Has anyone joined the waiting list for one of the classic"s? I'm curious to know what the loyalty discount is?
I'm wondering if it's the same as it was when they were first released or if it's gonna be like the early bird discount how the new Elan+ ect..is?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back