• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 13, 2022 at 10:42 AM Post #6,406 of 18,081
A quick question on burn-in?
So I usually just plug it into my iMac & iTunes for about 12hrs on and a few hrs off and repeat until 300hrs.
What I'm wondering is do you think it would be ok to plug into my Marantz Stereo's DAB+ and just leave it for the full 300hrs without a rest.
My question's are
Do you think playing through a DAB+ Radio will be sufficient for burn-in?
Do you think leaving them to play for the full 300hrs without a break is ok?

May 13, 2022 at 10:54 AM Post #6,407 of 18,081
A quick question on burn-in?
So I usually just plug it into my iMac & iTunes for about 12hrs on and a few hrs off and repeat until 300hrs.
What I'm wondering is do you think it would be ok to plug into my Marantz Stereo's DAB+ and just leave it for the full 300hrs without a rest.
My question's are
Do you think playing through a DAB+ Radio will be sufficient for burn-in?
Do you think leaving them to play for the full 300hrs without a break is ok?
I'd lean toward caution and stick with your 12 on, 2-3 off approach. But I'm a cautious dude anyway.

May 13, 2022 at 11:09 AM Post #6,408 of 18,081
I'd lean toward caution and stick with your 12 on, 2-3 off approach. But I'm a cautious dude anyway.
If they die being used for 300 hours non stop then they would probably die at some point in the future and if they are going to die then it's better to happen in the first 30 days.

May 13, 2022 at 11:57 AM Post #6,409 of 18,081
If they die being used for 300 hours non stop then they would probably die at some point in the future and if they are going to die then it's better to happen in the first 30 days.
smart-thinking.gif

People usually make burn in with pink noise. So in one hand instinctively I would use a technically good gear in other hand considering pink noise burn in it's kind of non sense using hi tech gear for it...
But non stop burn in I wouldn't do. Yes, you can use a warranty, but you'll have to wait to repairing and shipment. Bob provides 3 years warranty for the new devices, so you don't have to worry about how soon they will have some issues. If the unite has any problem for sure it will come out within 3 years...

May 13, 2022 at 12:13 PM Post #6,410 of 18,081
I think too many people make a far larger deal out of burn in than it actually is. They ain't going to sound their best until X amount of time has passed of use time, that's it. Nothing special needs to happen and the more they get used the better they will sound.

May 13, 2022 at 12:20 PM Post #6,411 of 18,081
Thanks guys for the advice i think I'll stick to the 12hrs on a few hrs off but with that said NellieG has a good point!
But I think I'll stay on the caution side🤞
What do you guys think about using a DAB+ Radio for the burn-in playing something like Kisstory or Radio one?

May 14, 2022 at 7:50 AM Post #6,412 of 18,081
Hehe..am here to help….

Will let you know after I tested it, likely to be the coming Sat.
Tested the 2pins connectors and all sits securely/nicely into the recess sockets for Ozar, Bass Cannon and DM but not those earlier model like Semper, PB1 and OM.

Beautifully made affordable cables that doesn’t cost a kidney. Matter of fact, it’s pleases my ears that I eventually purchased 4xcore Epsilon and Carbon.
Epsilon is neat, very soft and flexible. To me is an all rounder and synergised very well with Ozar, Bass Cannon and DM. But if you need more upper energy where the steel guitar or accoustic is more forceful Omega to my ears and gears is the better choice.
Carbon is a little firm. It has wider emphasis on the bass and warmer mid and very suitable in taming Ozar forward presentation.

Impression may differs overtime as most of the items were new. I share more if I happen to drop by the E1 shop.

You can purchase from https://sg.e1personalaudio.com

A5AF4AAF-5FF7-45B4-9787-B362EB607F8A.jpeg

May 14, 2022 at 8:40 AM Post #6,413 of 18,081
Tested the 2pins connectors and all sits securely/nicely into the recess sockets for Ozar, Bass Cannon and DM but not those earlier model like Semper, PB1 and OM.

Beautifully made affordable cables that doesn’t cost a kidney. Matter of fact, it’s pleases my ears that I eventually purchased 4xcore Epsilon and Carbon.
Epsilon is neat, very soft and flexible. To me is an all rounder and synergised very well with Ozar, Bass Cannon and DM. But if you need more upper energy where the steel guitar or accoustic is more forceful Omega to my ears and gears is the better choice.
Carbon is a little firm. It has wider emphasis on the bass and warmer mid and very suitable in taming Ozar forward presentation.

Impression may differs overtime as most of the items were new. I share more if I happen to drop by the E1 shop.

Great news

Just ordered the Carbon 2pin 4.4mm direct from Kotori Audio (Shipping costs are good)
Got it for Ozar. Carbon cable for Carbon Nanotube Driver.
Many Thanks

Last edited:
May 14, 2022 at 9:16 AM Post #6,414 of 18,081
How is bass with the Omega?

May 14, 2022 at 9:37 AM Post #6,415 of 18,081
How is bass with the Omega?
Omega is silver, therefore cleaner sounding with very good texturing in the bass compartment. Comes with a 4x or 8x core. I only have a short listen about 15mins as I was rushing off for an appointment.

If you loves big bass but still maintaining the IMR mids go for Carbon. To me it’s a bass head cable and value for money.

And I heard no more will be made after this batch coz the supplier no longer manufacturing the cable.

May 14, 2022 at 9:43 AM Post #6,416 of 18,081
Omega is silver, therefore cleaner sounding with very good texturing in the bass compartment. Comes with a 4x or 8x core. I only have a short listen about 15mins as I was rushing off for an appointment.

If you loves big bass but still maintaining the IMR mids go for Carbon. To me it’s a bass head cable and value for money.

And I heard no more will be made after this batch coz the supplier no longer manufacturing the cable.
I like more bass neutral cables with my IMR. Except for EDP maybe. Is it the Omega that they won't make anymore?

May 14, 2022 at 11:20 AM Post #6,418 of 18,081

Great news

Just ordered the Carbon 2pin 4.4mm direct from Kotori Audio (Shipping costs are good)
Got it for Ozar. Carbon cable for Carbon Nanotube Driver.
Many Thanks
Does the cable have to be inserted normally for the polarity, or does anything have to be reversed????

May 14, 2022 at 12:27 PM Post #6,420 of 18,081

A5AF4AAF-5FF7-45B4-9787-B362EB607F8A.jpeg
W ow if $549 is affordable for a cable I would love to be in your shoes 😝

Users who are viewing this thread

Back