Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 12, 2022 at 12:38 PM Post #6,391 of 18,081
Has anyone joined the waiting list for one of the classic"s? I'm curious to know what the loyalty discount is?
I'm wondering if it's the same as it was when they were first released or if it's gonna be like the early bird discount how the new Elan+ ect..is?
Still waiting for the ACE and Event Horizon. That are two, tree will be just to much for my heart 😉

May 12, 2022 at 12:50 PM Post #6,392 of 18,081
Yeah waiting patiently for Ace myself but many people have said the PB1 has some of the best IMR Bass so I'm just curious how much it will cost me?
Speaking of cost? I live in the UK and the new v.a.t is killing me! If your in the UK you might as well look at the price's stated BEFORE loyalty discount cos that's roughly how much your paying give or take 10-15%%😵😫😩
This has NOTHING to do with Bob or IMR and to be honest it's my ownn fault for voting for brexit 😜

May 12, 2022 at 1:55 PM Post #6,393 of 18,081
For me it‘s +30% with all vat, fees etc……

May 12, 2022 at 2:09 PM Post #6,394 of 18,081
Do share!
Don't want it to seem like rocket science ....

I have an MMCX cable (Hart Audio) without a chin slide. Tried to figure out a way to make one. Hole had to be big enough for the connection and cable to move through. Found Viking beard beads (of all things) on Amazon that were the right size ... but I'd have to do something to make the hole smaller once the bead was in place.

Landed on a "cushion dot" from an Ikea filing cabinet that we didn't use. Cut it in half, put it inside the bead, works a charm. It's also a bit sticky on one side. John Paul Jones would be proud.

photo_2022-05-12_12-03-17.jpg

photo_2022-05-12_12-03-24.jpg

photo_2022-05-12_12-03-27.jpg

Last edited:
May 12, 2022 at 2:27 PM Post #6,395 of 18,081
Yeah waiting patiently for Ace myself but many people have said the PB1 has some of the best IMR Bass so I'm just curious how much it will cost me?
Speaking of cost? I live in the UK and the new v.a.t is killing me! If your in the UK you might as well look at the price's stated BEFORE loyalty discount cos that's roughly how much your paying give or take 10-15%%😵😫😩
This has NOTHING to do with Bob or IMR and to be honest it's my ownn fault for voting for brexit 😜

You'd still have to pay Vat. It isn't added on the site as people buying overseas are charged differently when stuff clears customs (import duty).

May 12, 2022 at 3:27 PM Post #6,396 of 18,081
For me it‘s +30% with all vat, fees etc……
Exactly, the loyalty discount runs between 25-35% depending on model?
Once you add the v.a.t,shipping.ect.. it runs to roughly what you said 30% so your back at spuare one!
For example EDP Ace cost me £209 that's £15 off which works out to 7% discounr! If your not in the UK you got it for about £165!
So as I say? If your in the UK you may as well look at the prices listed BEFORE loyalty discount because that's what your paying!!!
I don't know if anyone's spoken to Bob about it? But now I'm writing it and really thinking about it it's pretty unfair really because many people me included have been with Bob from the start and as it stands we don't get ANY loyalty discount really!!!!!!!
I must say? I'm NOT blaming Bob for this it isn't his fault! I just don't know how v.a.t works? I know you can get rebates for expenses & such! But as I say I really don't know how v.a.t works?

Last edited:
May 12, 2022 at 4:26 PM Post #6,397 of 18,081
Sorry, but i do not understand your math. I paid 177£ for the ACE. With import duty it will cost me about 228€ ~195£.
Not 165£. But you are right with the loyalty code. Feels………naja🤔

May 12, 2022 at 5:33 PM Post #6,398 of 18,081
May 12, 2022 at 5:44 PM Post #6,399 of 18,081
May 13, 2022 at 3:13 AM Post #6,401 of 18,081
Exactly, the loyalty discount runs between 25-35% depending on model?
Once you add the v.a.t,shipping.ect.. it runs to roughly what you said 30% so your back at spuare one!
For example EDP Ace cost me £209 that's £15 off which works out to 7% discounr! If your not in the UK you got it for about £165!
So as I say? If your in the UK you may as well look at the prices listed BEFORE loyalty discount because that's what your paying!!!
I don't know if anyone's spoken to Bob about it? But now I'm writing it and really thinking about it it's pretty unfair really because many people me included have been with Bob from the start and as it stands we don't get ANY loyalty discount really!!!!!!!
I must say? I'm NOT blaming Bob for this it isn't his fault! I just don't know how v.a.t works? I know you can get rebates for expenses & such! But as I say I really don't know how v.a.t works?
The bolded part is not true. As already mentioned we outside of the UK still have to pay our own VAT when going through the customs. For example, where I live it's 20 percent. I believe it's exactly the same amount as in UK, so the price ends up the same as for you apart from the currency conversion. 😉

VAT is just a flat tax from the government put on all goods and services sold. Don't know how it's shown in UK, but in my country every receipt for everything clearly states: the initial amount, vat, total amount. All in all the government is the mafia if you earn a wage in my country, as you pay 50 pct from the wage in total + 20 pct for all the good and services => it's 70 pct of effective tax on consumption for a common working person. 🤣

Last edited:
May 13, 2022 at 4:54 AM Post #6,402 of 18,081
In my defence and believe it or not i know 1+1=2! Here in the UK BEFORE brexit we did NOT pay ANY charge's or tax's! ect..! Once the loyalty discount was applied the ONLY extra to be added to the price was £5 shipping!
Maybe we in the UK was the only country this applied to I'm not sure? But that does not take away from the simple fact that if you live in the UK after taxes ,shipping ect... the loyalty discount now runs at roughly 7% which is pretty pointless unless you are spending thousands!
Maybe we were spoilt in the UK before brexit and was the only country who DIDNT pay extra tax's and such?
Once again, I MUST highlight? This is NOT Bob's fault and I'm not knocking him but, it would be great if the loyalty discount was looked at again and maybe amended so we actually get a discount worth having?

Last edited:
May 13, 2022 at 6:38 AM Post #6,403 of 18,081
In my defence and believe it or not i know 1+1=2! Here in the UK BEFORE brexit we did NOT pay ANY charge's or tax's! ect..! Once the loyalty discount was applied the ONLY extra to be added to the price was £5 shipping!
Maybe we in the UK was the only country this applied to I'm not sure? But that does not take away from the simple fact that if you live in the UK after taxes ,shipping ect... the loyalty discount now runs at roughly 7% which is pretty pointless unless you are spending thousands!
Maybe we were spoilt in the UK before brexit and was the only country who DIDNT pay extra tax's and such?
Once again, I MUST highlight? This is NOT Bob's fault and I'm not knocking him but, it would be great if the loyalty discount was looked at again and maybe amended so we actually get a discount worth having?
This only means that before brexit the prices you saw in IMR shop were gross (i.e. already including VAT). Now they're net.

May 13, 2022 at 6:53 AM Post #6,404 of 18,081
This only means that before brexit the prices you saw in IMR shop were gross (i.e. already including VAT). Now they're net.
Yes unfortunately you are correct😞
I never use to think twice about buying a new model but now find it difficult to afford them! To be honest this is the reason i didn't purchase Avalon!
Take Elan+ for example? the deposit is £300 but for me it is just over £360 an extra £60 and that's just the deposit!
If Bob has new models like Ace no more then £350-£400 i will definitely consider purchasing but models £500-£900 are just to much for me once v.a.t is added!
Oh well never mind i have 5 pairs of IMR with Ace on the way and a few other great iems so maybe it's a sign to slow down and enjoy what i have!

Last edited:
May 13, 2022 at 7:03 AM Post #6,405 of 18,081
Just a few words on the IMR Splash of Gold. As I get the hours on it, using the Shanling M3X 4.4mm DAP, the burn in of the Open Back SOG, is bringing such good sub-bass rumble and musicality. These SOGs are so well tuned. Open backs are a comparative rarity on IEMs so these open back SOGs will be missed when they are no longer available. With the discount they are immense value and may be the best value open back IEM of them all. Also I bow to the IMR Ozar.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back