Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 8, 2022 at 6:16 AM Post #6,331 of 17,916
I'm also interested in a Xinhs cable but I don't know which one to choose. I need a flexible and soft cable regardless which material it is made of. I don't believe in cables changing sound of an IEM. Can someone recommend a cable for my Avalon?
Thanks

May 8, 2022 at 1:56 PM Post #6,333 of 17,916
Those who have 7hz Timeless and Avalon can try the white thin silicon Timeless eartips on it. They seem to open up the sound while retaining the low end (I use purple lower + gold upper).

May be it's bone conduction kicking in due to the tips being really thin but it really changes the sound, especially compared to foams.

Last edited:
May 8, 2022 at 5:27 PM Post #6,334 of 17,916
I have large earholes so I usually hunt down a pack of large size. Let me know how you find them :)
Bizarrely it appears I already owned a Bix of the New Bee....probably recommended by you last June 😂😂
Anyway got two boxes now and they are good with the DM. Also found a box of xelastec tips so going to try them tonight.

Took the plastic sheath of the cable and its made a massive difference.

Initial impressions of the DM are very good, out of the box they sound detailed but with a good bass response that hits deep when the track calls for it. Now the burn in starts!

May 8, 2022 at 5:43 PM Post #6,335 of 17,916
Well the xelastec tips were short lived, lost all bass presence and depth of the sound.

Back to the Newbee tips

May 9, 2022 at 4:53 AM Post #6,336 of 17,916
How do you know you're qualified for the ETS? If you've ordered the DM and later received also the "gift" earphones (I think these were supposed to be for the first 50 owners of DM/Avalon), you're qualified?

May 9, 2022 at 5:01 AM Post #6,337 of 17,916
How do you know you're qualified for the ETS? If you've ordered the DM and later received also the "gift" earphones (I think these were supposed to be for the first 50 owners of DM/Avalon), you're qualified?
Check out your S/N. If it's under 100 it's highly likely you are qualified. However, mail to Bob to be sure.

May 9, 2022 at 5:51 AM Post #6,339 of 17,916
If thats the case the used ones i bought r single digit so i wonder if i can “claim them” 🤣
The ETS was supposed to be for early adopters only, but who knows. Maybe in the end everyone who got a Pro IEM will get a set.

May 9, 2022 at 2:41 PM Post #6,341 of 17,916
What is the ETS?

May 9, 2022 at 4:28 PM Post #6,345 of 17,916

Users who are viewing this thread

Back