• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 14, 2022 at 1:18 PM Post #6,422 of 17,966
W ow if $549 is affordable for a cable I would love to be in your shoes 😝
It is in Singaporean dollars though, so a bit under $400 in USD. Still a big chunk…

May 14, 2022 at 1:24 PM Post #6,423 of 17,966
I think it's time IMR switched to MMCX connectors. It will solve some fit issues, no more reversed polarity chat or will this 2 pin fit the IMR 2 pin, easier use of Fiio UTWS set ups.

Any objections? No, that's sorted then, thanks everyone who came today to this meeting i appreciate you all. :metal:

Plus you all get to buy some more shiny new cables.

May 14, 2022 at 4:12 PM Post #6,425 of 17,966
I think it's time IMR switched to MMCX connectors. It will solve some fit issues, no more reversed polarity chat or will this 2 pin fit the IMR 2 pin, easier use of Fiio UTWS set ups.

Any objections? No, that's sorted then, thanks everyone who came today to this meeting i appreciate you all. :metal:

MMCX is underrated. Well implemented it is a perfect connector.

May 14, 2022 at 5:30 PM Post #6,426 of 17,966
A quick question on burn-in?
So I usually just plug it into my iMac & iTunes for about 12hrs on and a few hrs off and repeat until 300hrs.
What I'm wondering is do you think it would be ok to plug into my Marantz Stereo's DAB+ and just leave it for the full 300hrs without a rest.
My question's are
Do you think playing through a DAB+ Radio will be sufficient for burn-in?
Do you think leaving them to play for the full 300hrs without a break is ok?
To add to this...
Blasting pink noise at an IEM is a bit like putting a new car on treadwheels in a garage and running it at 100 miles an hour for a couple of weeks. Its a bit brute force. On the other hand...
The Brandenburg Concerto's by JS Bach are famous in that they are one of the only pieces of music that contain ALL frequencies along with the advantage of having a full and complete dynamic range. Using something like this is a skillful and perhaps more apt way to burn in an IEM.
It IS recommended to allow the IEMs a bit of a rest every xx humber of hours but I have never had any issues after burning in 50-60 IEM's/Headphones.
The perceived results of brun in I think depend on the quality of the persons listening/concentration or sensitivity to and how they listen. If someone only listens to streamed dance music for example they will not be very likely to have the same sensitivity to someone who listens to SACD's of Jazz or Classical Audio
Personally Im all about the detail, harmonies of frequencies, tonality, positioning etc etc so getting an IEM to its optimum capacity is important
IMR IEMs are quite unique in their burn in patterns - Listening to Dark Matter now and they FINALLY sound incredible again but went through all the full 300 hours with them not sounding good at all !!
Now, over the 400 hour mark and they are really starting to come together
into a cohesive unit. I remember with the Opus Mia, it wasn't until well after 325 hours until they started to sound great
The DM's are quite a unique sound for an IMR - Very energetic and powerfully solid state sounding :D
They strike me as incredibly airy in their soundstage - Quite the 3D space to enjoy

Last edited:
May 14, 2022 at 5:49 PM Post #6,427 of 17,966
To add to this...
Blasting pink noise at an IEM is a bit like putting a new car on treadwheels in a garage and running it at 100 miles an hour for a couple of weeks. Its a bit brute force. On the other hand...
The Brandenburg Concerto's by JS Bach are famous in that they are one of the only pieces of music that contain ALL frequencies along with the advantage of having a full and complete dynamic range. Using something like this is a skillful and perhaps more apt way to burn in an IEM.
It IS recommended to allow the IEMs a bit of a rest every xx humber of hours but I have never had any issues after burning in 50-60 IEM's/Headphones.
The perceived results of brun in I think depend on the quality of the persons listening/concentration or sensitivity to and how they listen. If someone only listens to streamed dance music for example they will not be very likely to have the same sensitivity to someone who listens to SACD's of Jazz or Classical Audio
Personally Im all about the detail, harmonies of frequencies, tonality, positioning etc etc so getting an IEM to its optimum capacity is important
IMR IEMs are quite unique in their burn in patterns - Listening to Dark Matter now and they FINALLY sound incredible again but went through all the full 300 hours with them not sounding good at all !!
Now, over the 400 hour mark and they are really starting to come together
into a cohesive unit. I remember with the Opus Mia, it wasn't until well after 325 hours until they started to sound great
The DM's are quite a unique sound for an IMR - Very energetic and powerfully solid state sounding :D
They strike me as incredibly airy in their soundstage - Quite the 3D space to enjoy
:deadhorse: 🥳🤣

May 14, 2022 at 7:50 PM Post #6,429 of 17,966

IME 2 pins is way more reliable and durable than mmcx, my acoustune 1670 has a right side with a finicky connector, fd5 cable has fitting issues with some headphones, almost all proprietary connectors are based on mmcx. Long story short. Nothing like 2 pieces of copper that can either sit in a slot or get connected right away.

May 14, 2022 at 9:41 PM Post #6,430 of 17,966
I've joined the "owners of more than one IMR IEM" club, through @jon parker, who had his R2 Red for sale. My first exposure to IMR was seeing the R2 Red on Massdrop Drop.com. I thought they looked fantastic and, more important, the reviews were very positive (as I like to say, buying headphones/IEMs based on how they look is like buying sunglasses based on how they sound).

Couldn't purchase from Drop at the time, so I always coveted a pair and even asked Bob if he ever got used units. He said no. While I didn't need these, couldn't resist finally trying them out. Thanks to Jon already burning them in, I've been able to dive right in. A worthy companion to my Elan. Will probably make these my "out and about" pair (not that I'm out much these days).

With the EDP Ace coming ... sometime ... I'll have three from Bob, plus the Timeless. At least one will have to go (guessing the Timeless).

photo_2022-05-14_19-29-13.jpg

May 14, 2022 at 11:34 PM Post #6,431 of 17,966
Does the cable have to be inserted normally for the polarity, or does anything have to be reversed????
Doesn’t matter as it’ll not screw up the SQ when both channels Polarity are reversed. But it matters on single channel like what I’ve experimented with DM.

W ow if $549 is affordable for a cable I would love to be in your shoes 😝
My earlier sharing probably not so clear. Let me touch it up,
SGD549 is for their top range Omega and obviously not in the affordable range unless one has the money to burn. The lower range that I mentioned are affordable if you are to compare with the rest of the cable companies, and for me should appeal to the mass audio lovers. Similarly Local Null audio also has a lower range of cables. Off course tons of bargain in Aliexpress.
Carbon cost SGD69, that’s about £40. I have some ex cables and it doesn’t means better. Bottom line is enjoy whatever we had and when an IMR is in our ears.

May 15, 2022 at 9:59 AM Post #6,432 of 17,966
I've joined the "owners of more than one IMR IEM" club, through @jon parker, who had his R2 Red for sale. My first exposure to IMR was seeing the R2 Red on Massdrop Drop.com. I thought they looked fantastic and, more important, the reviews were very positive (as I like to say, buying headphones/IEMs based on how they look is like buying sunglasses based on how they sound).

Couldn't purchase from Drop at the time, so I always coveted a pair and even asked Bob if he ever got used units. He said no. While I didn't need these, couldn't resist finally trying them out. Thanks to Jon already burning them in, I've been able to dive right in. A worthy companion to my Elan. Will probably make these my "out and about" pair (not that I'm out much these days).

With the EDP Ace coming ... sometime ... I'll have three from Bob, plus the Timeless. At least one will have to go (guessing the Timeless).

photo_2022-05-14_19-29-13.jpg
Those red are quite something. When they came out they looked like a side kick for the Aten, little did anyone knew how valuable they would become. For a while they were my daily drivers

May 15, 2022 at 6:25 PM Post #6,433 of 17,966
Doesn’t matter as it’ll not screw up the SQ when both channels Polarity are reversed. But it matters on single channel like what I’ve experimented with DM.

My earlier sharing probably not so clear. Let me touch it up,
SGD549 is for their top range Omega and obviously not in the affordable range unless one has the money to burn. The lower range that I mentioned are affordable if you are to compare with the rest of the cable companies, and for me should appeal to the mass audio lovers. Similarly Local Null audio also has a lower range of cables. Off course tons of bargain in Aliexpress.
Carbon cost SGD69, that’s about £40. I have some ex cables and it doesn’t means better. Bottom line is enjoy whatever we had and when an IMR is in our ears.
Thanx for the update appreciate it👍
Now you point out the Carbon is around £40 I'm really untrested to pair with the Ace when it comes. You say the Carbon has a nice low-end synergy? If this is the case it could be perfect for how I'm expecting Ace to sound which is very detailed sparkly top end with a fast controlled mid & sub bass and a lush planar vocal/midrange? So the Carbon sounds perfect, IF that's how Ace sounds?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back