Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 18, 2021 at 11:06 AM Post #1,561 of 17,922
I really want to see a graph for the Semper. I think I have found my Ideal tonality.

Jan 18, 2021 at 12:41 PM Post #1,562 of 17,922
Wasn't there the card with the Frequency Response that came in the box with the Semper? Also explaining the filter modules.

Jan 18, 2021 at 12:56 PM Post #1,563 of 17,922
The stock cable without ear guide is quite comfortable, and it's personal sonic wise. I dun wanna seem hard selling it, but this skinny cable is really out of the world comfort wise, i worried slightly about its durability at first, yet it's a lot sturdier than i thought. I can only say it's very much my cup of tea with semper sonic wise. At US$200, it's a relatively cheaper option in this crazy world which a cable could cost US$4K... I just hope if anyone might be considering an upgrade cable, think abt this one. It is so skinny and light, i dun feel the cable while wearing it. While coupled with semper, open back, blue filter and purple nozzle, the bass thumps similar with the stock, the mids is fuller and slightly more forward, and the high is where it really shines, the tinkling and sparkling are amazing, which in someway widen the soundstage. I got a few cables from this shop, including the white cable which is gold silver copper palladium that sounds great but very heavy and can only listen to while sitting still. I actually have the white cable converted to LCD3 connectors after getting this skinny cable. :ksc75smile:
What shop?

Jan 18, 2021 at 1:10 PM Post #1,564 of 17,922
Wasn't there the card with the Frequency Response that came in the box with the Semper? Also explaining the filter modules.
I'm pretty sure that the same booklet is thrown into each IMR box. I have both the new Aten and the Semper, and the graphs in both booklets are the same. It's there to give you a rough idea what the filters do and doesn't really act as an accurate representation of the particular IMR earphone you got it with.

Jan 18, 2021 at 2:15 PM Post #1,566 of 17,922
For the PB2, seems like purple bottom + gold top is the sweet spot in those pictures....but it looks like his bass extension on different purple nozzle readings keeps on changing.

So the user isn't consistent enough to be sure the bottom nozzle readings are to be trusted. The treble filters readings seem more usable.

Did the PB2 not get the pink nozzle and filter? Pink is awesome on the Semper.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2021 at 4:04 PM Post #1,567 of 17,922
Yes, there is something wrong in the measurement at Prof-x Forum with the blue nozzle, as the blue nozzle has clearly more bass than the gray one. Hadisch cannot repeat the measurements at the moment, as the PB2 is now back again at my home. :) But he has now ordered a PB2 for himself, so he can repeat the measurement in the near future.

I prefer for the PB2 gray nozzle and blue filter with my own basotec filter in it (this was a tip from hadisch) to tame the 1-2kHz peak.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2021 at 10:50 PM Post #1,568 of 17,922
The stock cables are really soft and among the best cables in quality.

But for fit issues, a third party cable with small low profile 2pin plugs and no ear guides makes the fit way better.
I found, comparing the cables I have against the stock, the stock cable has a more lively energy. It made for a much more fun listen. The silver s3 is yet to be burn in so will have to try again.

Jan 19, 2021 at 6:46 AM Post #1,569 of 17,922
I found, comparing the cables I have against the stock, the stock cable has a more lively energy. It made for a much more fun listen. The silver s3 is yet to be burn in so will have to try again.
Do you really hear a difference in sound between cables? :astonished:

Jan 19, 2021 at 9:33 AM Post #1,570 of 17,922
Anyone knownwhere the pink nozzle and filter are in the tier of things?

Because is not in the booklet Frequency Response card. As like people said, it is just the same card being reused. The pink came out after that old thing.

Jan 19, 2021 at 10:05 AM Post #1,571 of 17,922
Anyone knownwhere the pink nozzle and filter are in the tier of things?

Because is not in the booklet Frequency Response card. As like people said, it is just the same card being reused. The pink came out after that old thing.
Pink nozzle has more bass than silver and green only, whereas pink filter gives more treble than green and gold filters only if I'm not mistaken.

Jan 19, 2021 at 10:09 AM Post #1,572 of 17,922
Pink nozzle has more bass than silver and green only, whereas pink filter gives more treble than green and gold filters only if I'm not mistaken.
Pretty much this. From what I can see in the IMR booklet, the pink filter's line follows/overlaps the green one pretty closely.

Jan 19, 2021 at 2:38 PM Post #1,575 of 17,922
Yes! And it's very apparent!!!!
You have the Mest ,right?
If so, could you please use an IMR cable on it and tell me what differences you hear vs the stock cable. On "kashmir" for example. I'm really curious about this.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back