Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 20, 2021 at 5:53 PM Post #1,591 of 18,013
Except most of the reviews claim it makes their earphones brighter and that isn't something the OM needs.

i changed stock cables and I write here many post ago but it isn’t appreciated cables debates ...

Jan 20, 2021 at 5:54 PM Post #1,592 of 18,013
i changed stock cables and I write here many post ago but it isn’t appreciated cables debates ...
I appreciate your posts about it. I was interested in the cheap graphene cable but I don't remember seeing you post about the results. Did you like how it sounded on your OM?

Jan 20, 2021 at 5:55 PM Post #1,593 of 18,013
Can't say for sure what happens with IMR cable swap because I haven't swapped cables on any of my IMRs, but on other good headphones there are sonic differences between cables. I'm not a musician to pinpoint the exact changes, but different cables sound different. For example I bought an upgrade cable for my Audeze LCD3 from Norne Audio, paid about $400 for it. And I don't like how it sounds, it's too brittle for my taste, I prefer the stock cable although this means $400 were thrown out the window.
They do make a sonic difference, not always for the better, very apparent if the headphone is good enough to show it.

Per my observations copper makes bass more apparent & better layered, silver brings sparkle with a chance of brittle highs. I have yet to try a graphene cable but I am considering it.
For my OM & my ears, considering I'm sporting pink base / gold nozzle, I will stay away from silver because I am sure it will make the OMs brighter.

right cable improve OM ofc😉

Jan 20, 2021 at 6:09 PM Post #1,594 of 18,013
This is what turns me off to the whole process. I just retire myself to believe that the manufacturer did a good job of matching cables to the sound sig they designed. It seems like a fools gamble to keep spending hundreds (if not thousands) on a possible sound change that you have no idea about prior to purchasing.

Yup, that's the sad truth, especially for me living in Romania where there's only a handful of us audiophiles and cables are hard to come by without paying for them in advance.

Jan 20, 2021 at 6:11 PM Post #1,595 of 18,013
Yup, that's the sad truth, especially for me living in Romania where there's only a handful of us audiophiles and cables are hard to come by without paying for them in advance.
I feel you. I live in Costa Rica and as far as I know, I'm the only audiophile in the whole country and due to heavy taxation on importing items, it makes it so buying things become very expensive. There isn't a single store that carries any audio products aside from the commercial stuff (bose, skullcandy, etc)

Jan 20, 2021 at 7:51 PM Post #1,596 of 18,013
I feel you. I live in Costa Rica and as far as I know, I'm the only audiophile in the whole country and due to heavy taxation on importing items, it makes it so buying things become very expensive. There isn't a single store that carries any audio products aside from the commercial stuff (bose, skullcandy, etc)

Taxation is theft.. but that's a discussion for other forums :)

I know 2 other local guys into this "sport" but they also face the same issue, no local specialty shop for audiophile gear. Best I could do is trust people's word online, buy blindly and hope I didn't screw up.

My observations regarding cables are good though, I've listened to a bunch and they do sound different, following the general guidelines mentioned before. Copper for low end emphasis, silver for top end emphasis. How much depends on the headphone capabilities.
I will try a graphene cable next, see what that's about. Unrelated I had a graphene membrane IEM from iBasso, the IT01, and it sounded good, better than it's price suggested. It boosted my confidence in this wonderous new material and made me curious of other applications.

Jan 21, 2021 at 5:12 AM Post #1,597 of 18,013
Q
I got a Null Audio Lune MKVI cable in today to give my Opus Mias some new bling. Both my Null cables fit in the OM's without any modification.

2021-01-20.jpg

Maybe Null Audio on MKVI has changed dimensions of their 2 pin plug. I own an MKV Lune and plug is compatible with IMR iems but doesn't enter completely inside the socket. On my various IMR iems the only cables showing perfect fit are Linum (Bax and Super Bax) and Forza Audioworks (Hybrid model). Lune is IMHO a very good cable,good Q/P, flexibility and sound signature, so are Linum (the closest cabled connection to wireless) and Forza Audioworks, good looking (transparent black), Viablue jack and angled plugs. Unfortunately Linum have discontinued 2 pin production.

Jan 21, 2021 at 12:57 PM Post #1,599 of 18,013
Last edited:
Jan 21, 2021 at 1:14 PM Post #1,600 of 18,013
I've found the perfect tips for my OM. ePro Horn-Shaped Ear Tips Regular Series EP00 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07S82M9PG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They make the sound field larger, bass goes deeper with more texture and mids feel fuller. Overall the sound is taken to another level (Just for reference, I have tried the Final E tips, Azla Sednaearfit Xelastec, Azla Short fit, Comply Foams, Double Flanged, and many more)

Ordered a set to try. I'm using Azla Sedna Earfits right now, but I'm always down to try out some good ear tips.

Jan 21, 2021 at 1:16 PM Post #1,601 of 18,013
Ordered a set to try. I'm using Azla Sedna Earfits right now, but I'm always down to try out some good ear tips.
I got the Azla Short Fits today along with the EPros and while I really like them and the Xelastec, the EPros are a whole other level.

Jan 21, 2021 at 1:21 PM Post #1,602 of 18,013
I got the Azla Short Fits today along with the EPros and while I really like them and the Xelastec, the EPros are a whole other level.

As far as Azla goes, I haven't tried the short fits yet, just the Xelastec and the regular and light Earfits. Other than JVC Spiral Dots and Symbios I use the Earfits almost exclusively, but it'll be nice to add another brand to my list if I end up liking the EPros.

Jan 21, 2021 at 1:42 PM Post #1,603 of 18,013
I used the ePros with my Semper and got very good results with them, too. But the fit was pretty shallow with them. Maybe I should try a smaller size...

Jan 21, 2021 at 1:43 PM Post #1,604 of 18,013
I used the ePros with my Semper and got very good results with them, too. But the fit was pretty shallow with them. Maybe I should try a smaller size...
Yeah, I use the mediums rather than the larges in other tips

Jan 21, 2021 at 2:39 PM Post #1,605 of 18,013
Yeah, I use the mediums rather than the larges in other tips
Yep, I slapped on the small size ePros on the Semper and tried them. They give me a relatively deep fit and good isolation. They do feel like they're going to break the seal at any moment. Still, I love the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back