Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 12, 2024 at 1:04 PM Post #17,296 of 18,013
@zikarus, will a DD plus Quad EST for midrange and Quad EST for treble configuration lure you back?

I am in line with you on Ascension signature and indeed a special IEM. It’s my best IEM for Jazz since classical is not my genres. In addition, it’s a chameleon for cable lovers like me.

Anyway, back to IMR. For rock, metal, and my blues collections, old royal Semper driven with the right audio chain still pleases my ears for bringing plenty of power and soul in the music especially my old blues classic like John Mayall… etc.

And the reason why I’ve been with IMR over the years until EH fiasco - Organic Bob even though admitted he was a basshead was never stringy on the midrange and treble in most of his IEMs.

Btw, was listening to OM the other night, and What….those bass….followed by OG EDP which I deemed in my initial impression sting like a bee. It still does, but more like a Mighty Mouse now…lol.

Happy to read that some of you have been enjoying Nale and Enigima.

Cheers.
8 est?
U be looking at £800 min for that iem
Doubt mNy got trust in imr to spash out that kind of money anymore

Feb 12, 2024 at 1:33 PM Post #17,297 of 18,013
Received these today my friends:
20240212_202622.jpg

https://ibasso.com/product/3t154/

Feb 12, 2024 at 3:35 PM Post #17,299 of 18,013
They definitely need burn in.

Tighter bass than expected from the DD size, forward midrange, not impressive detail retrieval yet but very trippy reverberations and sense of space. Great imaging, 3D placing of auditory items across the Cartesian space, good not huge stage.

We'll see how these little guys develop.
I sense potential here...

Feb 12, 2024 at 5:12 PM Post #17,300 of 18,013
This might surprise some people but i think i prefer the na-le over the enigma+

Dont sleep on the nale its a good iem
Its fun and engaging
The enigma feels more serious and boring
Might need to change it narrow tips again and try again
I think enigma require a serious source as well to perform at their best. Tips and cable should be also kindly chosen.

Feb 12, 2024 at 5:40 PM Post #17,301 of 18,013
Well seems I was wrong about cables, I've not been enjoying some discounted high end iem's I bought over a year ago, they sounded quite sharp and fatiguing until I swopped for a different (cheaper) cable, after being convinced it was tips, and after a couple of listens (don't like keep taking cables out) they sound smoother, staging has opened up and instrument separation is much more noticeable. My thoughts are that possibly the cable is defective.

The problematic cable is described as being for:
Anything that needs a pinch of upper midrange spice.

Well they certainly added 'spice' but it wasn't to my liking.

Feb 12, 2024 at 8:04 PM Post #17,302 of 18,013
Finally received my NaLe today (located in NY). I received tracking info about a week ago, but after the previous shipping fiascos I never bothered to track it as I figured if it shows up it shows up. Haven't given them a listen yet, probably won't get to until the weekend, but I just wanted to say I hope Bob figures things out. He obviously creates some unique IEMs, but he should just focus on doing what he does best, designing IEMs. Maybe bring someone else in to handle the business side of things. I don't want to see anyone fail, but this isn't a proper way to run a business; these extra long pre-orders and special builds are not sustainable. More/some transparency wouldn't hurt either...

Also wanted to add, I never emailed or contacted IMR, I just adopted a wait & see approach. Hopefully this means all orders will soon be fulfilled and we can move on to the next chapter in IMR’s story.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2024 at 9:41 PM Post #17,303 of 18,013
I think enigma require a serious source as well to perform at their best. Tips and cable should be also kindly chosen.
I changed to the stock tips and i love them again
I though i was using wide bore tips but all this time they were normal balanced tips
The stock tips r narrow tips
Got a dx240 with amp8mk2
Should b good enough tbh
Also got a fiio m15
Not sure wish dap i prefer with the enigmas

Feb 13, 2024 at 10:05 AM Post #17,306 of 18,013
Well seems I was wrong about cables, I've not been enjoying some discounted high end iem's I bought over a year ago, they sounded quite sharp and fatiguing until I swopped for a different (cheaper) cable, after being convinced it was tips, and after a couple of listens (don't like keep taking cables out) they sound smoother, staging has opened up and instrument separation is much more noticeable. My thoughts are that possibly the cable is defective.

The problematic cable is described as being for:
Anything that needs a pinch of upper midrange spice.

Well they certainly added 'spice' but it wasn't to my liking.
What iem is it?

Feb 13, 2024 at 1:18 PM Post #17,309 of 18,013
19 x B stock Dawns on their eBay. £80 at the moment. I know there's talk of them just being a cheap rebranding, but are they still worth it if you already have OZAR (at that price)?

Edit : According to Brandon from IMR the Dawn "outperforms OZAR and is superior in overall sound".

Anyone able to pitch in on this claim would be much appreciated 😉

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back