Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sep 5, 2023 at 11:36 AM Post #14,146 of 18,081
Something exciting happened today... the doorbell rang and it was the postman. I thought "finally, Na-Le are here...". This enthusiasm was short lived - it was some wooden train track I'd ordered for my four year old!

In other news, I've only been using and enjoying Avalon & DM lately - my headphones have been locked away in their boxes. Both have DIY cables from @Toxic Cables and they sound much better because of them. To my ears at least, they provide more detail, wider soundstage (especially on DM) and better separation. I'm using:
  • Avalon - 8 strand Silver Poison v2
  • DM - 4 strand Viper v1
I've also recently changed the upper filter on both from blue to gold - a change I've really been enjoying.
BTW - Matt who runs Toxic Cables is a great guy and has helped me so much in all of my cable builds, especially when I first started. If you're thinking of making some DIY cables, do contact him.

I hope everyone receives their IEMs soon - I cannot explain how disappointed and frustrated I am in Bob. It really has added a bitter-sweet taste to something that should have been exciting.

Sep 5, 2023 at 11:45 AM Post #14,147 of 18,081
Something exciting happened today... the doorbell rang and it was the postman. I thought "finally, Na-Le are here...". This enthusiasm was short lived - it was some wooden train track I'd ordered for my four year old!

In other news, I've only been using and enjoying Avalon & DM lately - my headphones have been locked away in their boxes. Both have DIY cables from @Toxic Cables and they sound much better because of them. To my ears at least, they provide more detail, wider soundstage (especially on DM) and better separation. I'm using:
  • Avalon - 8 strand Silver Poison v2
  • DM - 4 strand Viper v1
I've also recently changed the upper filter on both from blue to gold - a change I've really been enjoying.
BTW - Matt who runs Toxic Cables is a great guy and has helped me so much in all of my cable builds, especially when I first started. If you're thinking of making some DIY cables, do contact him.

I hope everyone receives their IEMs soon - I cannot explain how disappointed and frustrated I am in Bob. It really has added a bitter-sweet taste to something that should have been exciting.
Thanks So much for that. Really appreciate the heads up & link.
Just had a new thick copper cable arrive today which Im looking forward to testing

Sep 5, 2023 at 6:03 PM Post #14,148 of 18,081
Yup. Titan is in another league from everything else I've heard. And I've heard some great IEMs. Very tough to find any flaws. They're there, I've found a couple, but it takes a very resolving system and countless hours of listening to identify them. Either way, they don't detract from the experience. It's astonishing what Bob has created in the Titan. In his words, "It's a peach."

What an understatement.

yeah these are good. Great soundstage and airy highs.

A few pages back I said I preferred Seraphs but these are quickly over taking them now, soundstage is impressive, both height and width, lots of space between instruments, they've really come alive after a few hundred hours play. If anyone doubts burn in buy some IMR iem's as all mine have benefitted from a few months use.
Using Clarion tips.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2023 at 11:03 AM Post #14,149 of 18,081
For the first time Ive found a cable that I prefer to the stock IMR SCC pink cable
I've been finding my Ozar slightly too bright/thin. Just a tad away from perfection!
I bought a thick juicy copper cable and its done a perfect job of adding a bit more body and rich warmth. Again subtle but a little can go a long way in this game. So if anyone is finding their IEM a tad bright this might work great for you. Its changed the character of my Ozar to a wonderfully warm, rich but very well balanced sound that is giving a great synergy :)
NiceHK GCT5 5n OCC copper

Sep 7, 2023 at 11:06 AM Post #14,150 of 18,081
For the first time Ive found a cable that I prefer to the stock IMR SCC pink cable
I've been finding my Ozar slightly too bright/thin. Just a tad away from perfection!
I bought a thick juicy copper cable and its done a perfect job of adding a bit more body and rich warmth. Again subtle but a little can go a long way in this game. So if anyone is finding their IEM a tad bright this might work great for you. Its changed the character of my Ozar to a wonderfully warm, rich but very well balanced sound that is giving a great synergy :)
Thanks, Jon. Can you double check that link?

Sep 7, 2023 at 11:16 AM Post #14,151 of 18,081
Thanks, Jon. Can you double check that link?
Links dont seem to work
Its this anyway

Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 16.22.23.png

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2023 at 11:32 AM Post #14,152 of 18,081
NiceHCK..Jon.

Sep 7, 2023 at 11:36 AM Post #14,153 of 18,081
Sep 7, 2023 at 11:56 AM Post #14,156 of 18,081
Beware NiceHCK pricing. It's more arbitrary than quantum physics.

Is this the same cable?

https://a.aliexpress.com/_EQqNZ7V
You are not wrong! - That link doesn't for me either :/
but if its this one then yes
For £8.33 - HOLY MOLY - Gonna but at least 1 more
Thanks
Just to add - REALLY liking what I am hearing with this cable - drum sounds have a wonderful accurate tonality & weight
My Sony WM1A has a certain signature but for me the synergy is giving me a new IEM ! An Ozar I havent heard as yet

NiceHCK GCT5 Earbud Replace Wire 5N OCC Earphone Upgrade Earhook Cable 3.5/2.5/4.4mm MMCX/QDC/0.78mm 2Pin For M5 Aurora OH2 IEM​

237 Reviews600+ Sold

256x32.png_.webp

Ends:
Sep 10, 11:59 PM PT
£8.33
£24.5466% off

Sep 7, 2023 at 11:57 AM Post #14,157 of 18,081
Sep 7, 2023 at 12:06 PM Post #14,158 of 18,081
Thanks
Just to add - REALLY liking what I am hearing with this cable - drum sounds have a wonderful accurate tonality & weight
My Sony WM1A has a certain signature but for me the synergy is giving me a new IEM ! An Ozar I havent heard as yet

NiceHCK GCT5 Earbud Replace Wire 5N OCC Earphone Upgrade Earhook Cable 3.5/2.5/4.4mm MMCX/QDC/0.78mm 2Pin For M5 Aurora OH2 IEM​

237 Reviews600+ Sold

256x32.png_.webp

Ends:
£8.33
£24.5466% off
I just ordered one too....might as well. £10ish with taxes.
I've often bought NiceHCK cables and paid too much. They do make good value cables but as I say pricing is beyond arbitrary.

Sep 7, 2023 at 12:15 PM Post #14,159 of 18,081
Sweet - I very much hope ya'll enjoy the same as I am - Thanks for the good price find
Even the first few reviews on the page I agree with. I also found the cable clicks perfectly inside the shell as well :)

This cable and perfect! It is robust but super soft and malleable. Gets very good with headphones that have a tendency to hiss. Highly recommended! The store is also very reliable

Soft, quality and comfortable cable. The premolded shape of the ear is pleasant and not as aggressive. The sound is also good, highlighting that it maintains a certain emphasis on the middle frequencies. Good bass. Good treble and good medium. The sound is warm and the soundstage is also good.

Arrived quickly. Very comfortable, well built cable. Also handles well and sounds good (slightly attenuates treble. Black hardware looks attractive with bright copper cable. Recommended.

Sep 7, 2023 at 12:21 PM Post #14,160 of 18,081
Thanks

237 Reviews600+ Sold

256x32.png_.webp

Ends:
£8.33
£24.5466% off
The Ozar was my entry into Bob/IMR world. I bought it used on this thread. When I looked inside the shell there was a lot of glue, all over the place and it sounded off. Within a few days of returning to Bob, he sent a brand new set. That is the personal side of Bob's kindness. So sad that the business shenanigans are so naughty. The most schizoid business ever. The kindest of business owners, who has got lost in his own excuses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back