Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sep 4, 2023 at 11:29 AM Post #14,131 of 18,169
The funniest thing is that if you look through all the Portable Headphones blah blah threads on here not one has the same bad press, disappointed and frustrated “customers” KZ included.. I own a few sets Z1R, Campfire x2, TinHiFi, 7HZ, Final, iBasso, Reecho and Peacock, 2 TGXear buds and a Riku bud all paid for and arrived as promised even the awesome ‘hobby buds’…no excuses and yep even with a gun to my head wouldn’t pay any money to Bob what ever he calls the company.
On the other side of that coin, outside of the delay issues you probably wont find as much praise of the sound / tunings / quality of the IEMs themselves anywhere else
But of course I take your point.
I use the humble Tin Hifi 2 for a lot of work. They are surprisingly accurate and reliable for audio work

Sep 4, 2023 at 11:36 AM Post #14,132 of 18,169
On the other side of that coin, outside of the delay issues you probably wont find as much praise of the sound / tunings / quality of the IEMs themselves anywhere else
But of course I take your point.
I use the humble Tin Hifi 2 for a lot of work. They are surprisingly accurate and reliable for audio work
Each to our own brah, it’s our money and our libraries, spend it how you like but at the end of the day it’s all about the 🎼☮️

Sep 4, 2023 at 11:43 AM Post #14,133 of 18,169
What really grinds my gears is that folk here have parted with their
:moneybag:
for over a year, sitting in IMR’s bank account making interest, even if you do receive anything then IMR has already won…why do folks still fall for this BS especially with Bobs record
:money_with_wings:
f**ing crazy
:rage:
I feel the same way. Many people will forgive anything as long as the product is good in the end.
Personally I think it is FUNDAMENTAL that the person in charge at IMR be honest. And with the times apparently it is not. It's not a small delay...it's many months of delay.

Sep 4, 2023 at 2:00 PM Post #14,136 of 18,169
From the news page on IMR site

“ ( 4th/sept/23-Now assembling replacement units for those that didn't cancel, Update to follow shortly). “
Great!!, nothing new here; right on the pattern. The usual "The dog ate my homework" s**t of IMR. Last time Royalmail ate all of their TITAN build, this time Evri ate their Zion, EH and Na-Le :)

Next update from IMR will be like this : "
Dear All,
I wanted to give you an update on current builds. All Na-Le, Zion, EH except a few have been shipped.
475 out of 500 Na-le have shipped and 90 out of 100 Zion have been shipped. We will aim to get the balance out by the end of 15 business days. You will be assigned new tracking and will get new shipping updates. and will ship within 24hrs (excludes weekends) of receiving your new numbers.

Now we have almost completed these rebuilds we will move to assembly of the EMT towards the end of 15 business days from now once the final Na-Le and Zion have been completed and shipped.. We will update as assembly progresses."
"

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2023 at 2:13 PM Post #14,137 of 18,169
You can get a refund any time you want. This has always been the case
The current delays are for 2x different IEM and a headphone all bundled together - so quite a hundred units at once
I dont think IMR is making many Enigma (due to cost) so I would imagine they will be made and sent relatively quickly
I don't know about that
They were sold out a few weeks ago
Then bob added more
Theres no real way to find out how many he is making
By saying he is only making 20 instead of 200 will make people buy coz of FOMO
Thats what happened to me 😭😭

Sep 4, 2023 at 4:20 PM Post #14,138 of 18,169
Great!!, nothing new here; right on the pattern. The usual "The dog ate my homework" s**t of IMR. Last time Royalmail ate all of their TITAN build, this time Evri ate their Zion, EH and Na-Le :)

Next update from IMR will be like this : "
Dear All,
I wanted to give you an update on current builds. All Na-Le, Zion, EH except a few have been shipped.
475 out of 500 Na-le have shipped and 90 out of 100 Zion have been shipped. We will aim to get the balance out by the end of 15 business days. You will be assigned new tracking and will get new shipping updates. and will ship within 24hrs (excludes weekends) of receiving your new numbers.

Now we have almost completed these rebuilds we will move to assembly of the EMT towards the end of 15 business days from now once the final Na-Le and Zion have been completed and shipped.. We will update as assembly progresses."
"

100% that sounds like an IMR update.

Sep 4, 2023 at 5:25 PM Post #14,139 of 18,169
2. Na-Le final payments were taken around end of August 2022, and these were supposed to be shipped by end of November 2022. It's been 10 months since the delivery date and not a single Na-Le has been reported as delivered in this forum. Same old BS on delay reason continues...
Like many here, I was a very active contributor on this thread; generally very positive about the product(s), brutally honest about disappointments due to inadequate communications (reactive never proactive and always too little to late) but but very supportive because of the otherwise outstanding customer service..

Because of my writings here, I had literally dozens of individuals PM for honest input about IMR as a company, Bob as a person, and various IMR IEMs either for recommendation endorsement. I never said a single critical word and I can honestly say without exaggeration that I brought IMR at least dozens of new customers.

Na Le changed all that. It may be the least costly IEM I've bought here or elsewhere but you all know the story. None who have ordered have received one, we've all been given 2 different tracking numbers that are just vaporous pipe dreams and there has been absolutely no communications whatsoever about it. Sorry to say it like this, and while I have a very good command of the English language, everything about this IEM and Order Process has been absolute horse crap.

On or about June 19, like the rest of you Na Le Customers I got a shipping confirmation with tracking number. Yes it was late, but I was expecting that so I wasn't particularly upset about it. But after a month of zero updates and no progress with tracking, it just didn't smell right. So, on July 12 I wrote to Bob simply asking where they were, quoting his own order terms and stating that after such a prolonged wait by a patient, kind and conceding customer base, the natives were getting restless and that useless tracking information was making it worse:
Per IMR email and website - Please allow 2 working days for your tracking to update if you ordered an in stock product and 7-10 business days if you ordered a special build or advance order.
He wrote back quoting the same line above that I / we needed to wait 7 - 10 days for an update which din't make any sense because the time of writing far exceeded that. No apology to a loyal customer just a short one line quip.
July 21st out of the blue a new tracking number was issued - and hope was restored. Well that was 7 weeks ago with no update to the tracking, no comms, no nothing and now I'm convinced IMR is in trouble. Bob has since updated the terms on the site to read:
We drop all parcels at the shipping partner for processing. The speed of this can vary greatly and you should allow approximately 25- 45 business days for your tracking to update (business days are Monday to Friday , excluding bank holiday’s and do not include Saturday or Sunday) This is from the time we have informed you we have passed the parcels to the shipping partner and not from the time of receiving your tracking.
Well, those aren't the conditions under which I purchased and even if I accept these new terms as reasonable they have again been greatly exceeded.

I cut this guy a lot of slack, defended him fiercely and won him many customers but Bob is now just flat out lying. If you want to keep on defending him, that's your prerogative. But from where I sit and stand there is a BIG DIFFERENCE between poor business skills and character issues. Truthfulness or the lack thereof is not a business skill it's a character issue. Maybe I'll get them, maybe I won't - either way the whole experience has turned me off. Thankfully 100 Quid wont break me and I'm grateful I cancelled Titan before he cut off refunds for that one. He's financial trouble (yes, my speculation) but a fairly reasonable conclusion. You just cant keep selling pre-orders of new stuff to cover the production of old unfinished stuff; it eventually catches up and I believe that it has. I feel for him, I really do but Bob cannibalized his own business in so many ways. Pity really. So readers, purchase with discretion and at your own peril.

I loved this thread. I loved the products. I loved the discussions we had here. I loved the community that genuinely formed here but I find it really hard to circle back and read the continued defense of a company that has clearly gone off the rails. We all learned to wait patiently for product to be delivered far after the projected delivery date but we could always depend on a tracking number to confirm finished production and final delivery. Clearly tracking numbers are just fiction and fabrication void of any truth now. It's called a lie, that's indefensible.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2023 at 5:33 PM Post #14,140 of 18,169
Like many here, I was a very active contributor on this thread; generally very positive about the product(s), brutally honest about disappointments due to inadequate communications (reactive never proactive and always too little to late) but but very supportive because of the otherwise outstanding customer service..

Because of my writings here, I had literally dozens of individuals PM for honest input about IMR as a company, Bob as a person, and various IMR IEMs either for recommendation endorsement. I never said a single critical word and I can honestly say without exaggeration that I brought IMR at least dozens of new customers.

Na Le changed all that. It may be the least costly IEM I've bough here or elsewhere but you all know the story. None who have ordered have received one, we've all been given 2 different tracking numbers that are just vaporous pipe dreams and there has been absolutely no communications whatsoever about it. Sorry to say it like this, and while I have a very good command of the English language, everything about this IEM and Order Process has been absolute horse crap.

On or about June 19, like the rest of you Na Le Customers I got a shipping confirmation with tracking number. Yes it was late, but I was expecting that so I wasn't particularly upset about it. But after a month of zero updates and no progress with tracking, it just didn't smell right. So, on July 12 I wrote to Bob simply asking where they were, quoting his own order terms and stating that after such a prolonged wait by a patient, kind and conceding customer base, the natives were getting restless and that useless tracking information was making it worse:

He wrote back quoting the same line above that I / we needed to wait 7 - 10 days for an update which didnt make any sense because the time of writing far exceeded that. No apology to a loyal customer just a short one line quip.
July 21st out of the blue a new tracking number was issued - and hope was restored. Well that was 7 weeks ago with no update to the tracking, no comms, no nothing and now I'm convinced IMR is in trouble. Bob has since updated the terms on the site to read:

Well, those aren't the conditions under which I purchased and even if I accept these new terms as reasonable they have been greatly exceeded.

I cut this guy a lot of slack, defended him fiercely and won him many customers but Bob is now just flat out lying. If you want to keep on defending him, that's your prerogative. But from where I sit and stand there is a BIG DIFFERENCE between poor business skills and character issues. Truthfulness or the lack thereof is not a business skill it's a character issue. Maybe I'll get them, maybe I won't - either way the whole experience has turned me off. Thankfully 100 Quid wont break me and I'm grateful I cancelled Titan before he cut off refunds for that one. He's financial trouble (yes, my speculation) but a fairly reasonable conclusion. I feel for him, I really do but Bob cannibalized his own business in so many ways. Pity really. So readers, purchase with discretion and at your own peril.

I loved this thread. I loved the products. I loved the discussions we had here. I loved the community that genuinely formed here but I find it really hard to circle back read the continued defense of a company that has clearly changed. We all learned to wait patiently for product to be delivered far after the projected delivery date but we could always depend on a tracking number to confirm finished production and final delivery. Clearly tracking numbers are just fictional lies now. That's indefensible.
100% with you. Thanks for your words. Just a shame and he totally lost respect for his customers. 👍

Sep 4, 2023 at 9:43 PM Post #14,141 of 18,169

Na Le changed all that. It may be the least costly IEM I've bought here or elsewhere but you all know the story. None who have ordered have received one, we've all been given 2 different tracking numbers that are just vaporous pipe dreams and there has been absolutely no communications whatsoever about it. Sorry to say it like this, and while I have a very good command of the English language, everything about this IEM and Order Process has been absolute horse crap.

He wrote back quoting the same line above that I / we needed to wait 7 - 10 days for an update which din't make any sense because the time of writing far exceeded that. No apology to a loyal customer just a short one line quip.

Well, those aren't the conditions under which I purchased and even if I accept these new terms as reasonable they have again been greatly exceeded.

I cut this guy a lot of slack, defended him fiercely and won him many customers but Bob is now just flat out lying. If you want to keep on defending him, that's your prerogative. But from where I sit and stand there is a BIG DIFFERENCE between poor business skills and character issues. Truthfulness or the lack thereof is not a business skill it's a character issue. Maybe I'll get them, maybe I won't - either way the whole experience has turned me off. Thankfully 100 Quid wont break me and I'm grateful I cancelled Titan before he cut off refunds for that one. He's financial trouble (yes, my speculation) but a fairly reasonable conclusion. You just cant keep selling pre-orders of new stuff to cover the production of old unfinished stuff; it eventually catches up and I believe that it has. I feel for him, I really do but Bob cannibalized his own business in so many ways. Pity really. So readers, purchase with discretion and at your own peril.

I loved this thread. I loved the products. I loved the discussions we had here. I loved the community that genuinely formed here but I find it really hard to circle back and read the continued defense of a company that has clearly gone off the rails. We all learned to wait patiently for product to be delivered far after the projected delivery date but we could always depend on a tracking number to confirm finished production and final delivery. Clearly tracking numbers are just fictional lies now. That's indefensible.

Couldn’t agree more

Sep 5, 2023 at 3:40 AM Post #14,142 of 18,169
him, that's your prerogative. But from where I sit and stand there is a BIG DIFFERENCE between poor business skills and character issues. Truthfulness or the lack thereof is not a business skill it's a character issue. Maybe I'll get them, maybe I won't - either way the whole experience has turned me off. Thankfully 100 Quid wont break me and I'm grateful I cancelled Titan before he cut off refunds for that one. He's financial trouble (yes, my speculation) but a fairly reasonable conclusion. You just cant keep selling pre-orders of new stuff to cover the production of old unfinished stuff; it eventually catches up and I believe that it has. I feel for him, I really do but Bob cannibalized his own business in so many ways. Pity really. So readers, purchase with discretion and at your own peril.
I couldn't agree more. At this point it smells from afar that he has set up a pyramid structure probably due to a lack of funds (don't know why, but I remember yet his famous purchase of a small machining factory to make his own housings, which he never spoke about again.). I'm sorry, but this is starting to sound dangerously similar to my previous Trinity audio experience, from which I was able to emerge unscathed, and after which I decided to give Bob my credibility back by buying 12 IEMs from him, which I still (proudly) have. Sadly, I believe that this credibility has completely vanished.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2023 at 5:40 AM Post #14,143 of 18,169
It's a pity to have come to this point... Just curious, do you guys email him along the long wait? I did and got replies every time, which was what kept me going, even though the cancelling policy works, I was reluctant to cancel but wait instead. From the Titan experience, I questioned myself repeatedly over a day, and I pulled trigger on the Enigma, and told myself, I cannot forego my dream iem. So i kinda managed my own mindset at the very beginning. A stupod act to some, an understandable one to a few others i suppose. There are many choices out there, but to me personally, I have not found my cup of tea like IMR, so i stick with it. I once read somewhere here, if none of us does any pre order, then none of this would happen, but I must admit, if there's another TOTL imr taking pre order, i would most likely jump at it again even if i havent got the enigma; I suppose, to me, able to cancel at any moment is a comfortable enough option to me.

Sep 5, 2023 at 5:52 AM Post #14,144 of 18,169
It's a great shame people are still having these on going issues, I've been lucky to only briefly experience this when I ordered a new IMR totl iem beginning of last year, but when there were postal issues after just a couple of weeks I cancelled and bought something else which came the next day.
Don't want to sound like a fan boy but Bob and the guy who works with him have been really helpful every time I've contacted them, taking their stuff back in part exchange giving a very fair price ( I don't want to have stuff lying around I know wouldn't be used much if at all). For me their service has been top rate.

After changing tips, hopefully for the last time, my Seraph easily compete with more expensive earphones I've listened with. Open and airy with a wide soundstage (though not quite as wide as Titan) with very clear instrument separation/positioning and bass that doesn't intrude (isn't obvious to me) on the mids even using B/B filters.

Sep 5, 2023 at 11:36 AM Post #14,145 of 18,169

I loved this thread. I loved the products. I loved the discussions we had here. I loved the community that genuinely formed here but I find it really hard to circle back and read the continued defense of a company that has clearly gone off the rails. We all learned to wait patiently for product to be delivered far after the projected delivery date but we could always depend on a tracking number to confirm finished production and final delivery. Clearly tracking numbers are just fictional lies now. That's indefensible.
Absolutely agree.

What a shame...with how good their iems were!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back