Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sep 4, 2023 at 2:01 AM Post #14,116 of 18,128
Yes, Na-le is my first order. I did not think in what a viscous swamp I would find myself. Bob cannot be held responsible for his words and promises. This is a sad fact. I would not advise anyone to pre-order on imr.
I can understand your disappointment and frustration and feel sorry about it.

Just don't heed to any post in this thread which discourages you to write your horrible pre-order experiene with IMR, no matter if you are first time buyer or a returning customer of IMR. You have all the right to post your negative experience as many times as you want here. At least any new potential IMR pre-order customer will be well informed before he/she get trapped into IMR web of pre-order lies.
In the same time, once you finally receive your order, please do share your experience about the IEM as well as any after sales service which is really good in my limited experience.

Sep 4, 2023 at 5:30 AM Post #14,117 of 18,128
If anyone is looking for an Elan+ or BC 2023 feel free to pm me, as I am selling mine...

Sep 4, 2023 at 8:28 AM Post #14,118 of 18,128
I pre-ordered a few weeks ago the intriguished Enigma AMT+ Dual Electrostatic IEM .. As it was 30% cheaper for such pre-order, I decided to pull the trigger with an immediate 50% payment, then another 50% with something like 30 days before expected delivery (October 2023).
I knew that with such type of deal, some very long delay can occur, like I had already twice with Centrance with their M8V2 and Ampersand (many months delay every-time, but I was satisfied with their products every time).
I was expecting some real delivery around year-end or even beginning of 2024.
Today, I got a mail asking me for the next payment as if delivery should take place around mid of October. I understand with this thread, that it can be probably, once more, of a rather unsure announcement from IMR Acoustics..

After all these pages on this thread full of remarks about IMR unsecured selling procedure, now, it's not exactly clear for me, if there are people who were not only concerned with only ultra long delays with their pre-ordered IEM on this website, or if some here have lost all their money with no delivery at all (even with many months delay) nor any re-reimbursement of their pre-payments ?

PS : I paid the second payment, though it's a rather expensive IEM with no guaranty to get the item as soon as they say.. nor that the sound quality will be really convincing with such tech involved.

Sep 4, 2023 at 8:32 AM Post #14,119 of 18,128
Yes, Na-le is my first order. I did not think in what a viscous swamp I would find myself. Bob cannot be held responsible for his words and promises. This is a sad fact. I would not advise anyone to pre-order on imr.
I thought so. It looked like you had joined Head-fi at the end of June, found a bunch of posts from people who were very vocal about their dissatisfaction and liked them all.
Understandable.
NO-one is happy with the delays
but everyone has always got their IEMs eventually or been given an immediate return of their money upon request
I think though thats its mainly the lack of explanation that is one of most frustrating aspects

Im not saying this isnt an incredibly frustrating situation but its a shame you werent here from the start of the thread. There is hundreds of pages of people enjoying and discussing each IEM as it has been released.

There were delays before on pre-orders but this time delays have been a lot longer.
I am also waiting :/
For those of us who have been buying from Bob from day 1 of IMR, many of us have experienced great kindness, generosity and fantastic customer support
There have however always been delays with per Orders and here we find the one area that Bob is not good at - communicating what is happening in a clear enough manner.
Its a shame because the IEMs are like nothing else. Spectacular. I think Ive owned or heard over 25 now and have settled on 3
You could probably accuse me of having too much of a positive attitude but that's my choice. As you get older you tend to soften somewhat and as someone who has made geniune mistakes but then been on the receiving end of patience & kindness.... this has had a profound on me
Also having long term health issues tends to push you in certain directions
Anyway, welcome to Head fi :)

Sep 4, 2023 at 8:35 AM Post #14,120 of 18,128
I pre-ordered a few weeks ago the intriguished Enigma AMT+ Dual Electrostatic IEM .. As it was 30% cheaper for such pre-order, I decided to pull the trigger with an immediate 50% payment, then another 50% with something like 30 days before expected delivery (October 2023).
I knew that with such type of deal, some very long delay can occur, like I had already twice with Centrance with their M8V2 and Ampersand (many months delay every-time, but I was satisfied with their products every time).
Today, I got a mail asking me for the next payment as if delivery should take place around mid of October. I understand with this thread, that it can be probably, once more, of a rather unsure announcement from IMR Acoustics..

After all these pages on this thread full of remarks about IMR unsecured selling procedure, now, it's not exactly clear for me, if there are people who were not only concerned with only ultra long delays with their pre-ordered IEM on this website, or if some here have lost all their money with no delivery at all (even with many months delay) nor any re-reimbursement of their pre-payments ?

PS : I paid the second payment, though it's a rather expensive IEM with no guaranty to get the item as soon as they say.. nor that the sound quality will be really convincing with such tech involved.
You can get a refund any time you want. This has always been the case
The current delays are for 2x different IEM and a headphone all bundled together - so quite a hundred units at once
I dont think IMR is making many Enigma (due to cost) so I would imagine they will be made and sent relatively quickly

Sep 4, 2023 at 9:42 AM Post #14,121 of 18,128

I don't see any reason that you won't get your refund in case you cancel your order for any reason.So far no has reported of non-receipt of refund in case the order is cancelled. But, since its an expensive item, I am assuming that you have done your due diligence.
Now as far as delays are concerned, these are brief timeline of dealys so far:

1. TITAN were guranteed delivery in OCT 2022 ( total titan produced were 50 as per IMR website): Delayed by more than six months with plenty of lies/misinformation on shipment and delays reasons.

2. Na-Le final payments were taken around end of August 2022, and these were supposed to be shipped by end of November 2022. It's been 10 months since the delivery date and not a single Na-Le has been reported as delivered in this forum. Same old BS on delay reason continues...

3. Event Horizon has its own story. it is delayed by more than two years and so far only one fellow member reported the delivery, that too in non-usuable damaged state.

Sep 4, 2023 at 9:52 AM Post #14,123 of 18,128
I thought so. It looked like you had joined Head-fi at the end of June, found a bunch of posts from people who were very vocal about their dissatisfaction and liked them all.
Understandable.
NO-one is happy with the delays
but everyone has always got their IEMs eventually or been given an immediate return of their money upon request
I think though thats its mainly the lack of explanation that is one of most frustrating aspects

Im not saying this isnt an incredibly frustrating situation but its a shame you werent here from the start of the thread. There is hundreds of pages of people enjoying and discussing each IEM as it has been released.

There were delays before on pre-orders but this time delays have been a lot longer.
I am also waiting :/
For those of us who have been buying from Bob from day 1 of IMR, many of us have experienced great kindness, generosity and fantastic customer support
There have however always been delays with per Orders and here we find the one area that Bob is not good at - communicating what is happening in a clear enough manner.
Its a shame because the IEMs are like nothing else. Spectacular. I think Ive owned or heard over 25 now and have settled on 3
You could probably accuse me of having too much of a positive attitude but that's my choice. As you get older you tend to soften somewhat and as someone who has made geniune mistakes but then been on the receiving end of patience & kindness.... this has had a profound on me
Also having long term health issues tends to push you in certain directions
Anyway, welcome to Head fi :)
My choice of Imr Na-Le was not accidental. I knew that Bob had had problems in the past, so I chose an inexpensive device to start with, rather than expensive versions. I sincerely believed that after similar cases of delays, Bob's stupid answers in the past, imr will do some work on the bugs. I was wrong, nothing has changed. I have not had such problems with any supplier/manufacturer. Thanks for the welcome to head-fi.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2023 at 10:00 AM Post #14,124 of 18,128
My choice of Imra Na-Le was not accidental. I knew that Bob had had problems in the past, so I chose an inexpensive device to start with, rather than expensive versions. I sincerely believed that after similar cases of delays, Bob's stupid answers in the past, imr will do some work on the bugs. I was wrong, nothing has changed. I have not had such problems with any supplier/manufacturer. Thanks for the welcome to head-fi.
Fair enough :)
Hopefully there will be deliverys soon and we can start to discuss the audiotorial qualities of them
Maybe you will find a used NaLe or similar on ebay in the future? It really adds to the frustrations of the delays et al knowing the qualities of the IEM's themselves
If you do find another IMR on ebay for example you can at least find a wealth of thoughts and comments on each one here in this thread.

Sep 4, 2023 at 10:23 AM Post #14,125 of 18,128
What really grinds my gears is that folk here have parted with their
:moneybag:
for over a year, sitting in IMR’s bank account making interest, even if you do receive anything then IMR has already won…why do folks still fall for this BS especially with Bobs record
:money_with_wings:
f**ing crazy
:rage:

Sep 4, 2023 at 10:36 AM Post #14,126 of 18,128
What really grinds my gears is that folk here have parted with their
:moneybag:
for over a year, sitting in IMR’s bank account making interest, even if you do receive anything then IMR has already won…why do folks still fall for this BS especially with Bobs record
:money_with_wings:
f**ing crazy
:rage:
Can only speak for myself but because
IEMs themselves are second to none and he always delivers or gives money back
Nobody 'falls for' anything. Simply that the quality of what you (eventually) get is exceptional. If they were just average ChFi quality then I would gone elsewhere a long time ago to be fair
But yes, agreed the wait has been exceptionally long. If he does get a few extra coins from the interest earned of the VAST assets he must have as a tiny company then he is welcome. The loyalty discounts and over all pricing more than makes up this
So which IMR products have you bought? You must have a lot expereince with IMR being so passionate about the delay situation ?

Sep 4, 2023 at 10:44 AM Post #14,127 of 18,128
i know some of you might laugh at my set up, but that's good, have a good laugh and a great day, life is already too stressful:ksc75smile:
Fascinating! What is what and what goes into what? I love convoluted set-ups.

Sep 4, 2023 at 10:54 AM Post #14,129 of 18,128
Sep 4, 2023 at 11:24 AM Post #14,130 of 18,128
:)
You need to import your gifs like this:

200w.gif

Ive enjoyed all 20 IMR's IEMs I've had especially the 3 I have settled on
The funniest thing is that if you look through all the Portable Headphones blah blah threads on here not one has the same bad press, disappointed and frustrated “customers” KZ included.. I own a few sets Z1R, Campfire x2, TinHiFi, 7HZ, Final, iBasso, Reecho and Peacock, 2 TGXear buds and a Riku bud all paid for and arrived as promised even the awesome ‘hobby buds’…no excuses and yep even with a gun to my head wouldn’t pay any money to Bob what ever he calls the company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back